main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore - Han/Leia AU, vignette {Announcement 5th Feb.}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    Double post

2. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    That was beautiful Am! The words seemed to flow together like a steady river of creativity! Absolutly wonderful job! You do such a marvelous job with descriptions! I felt as if I was actually there, in the moonlight of the Coruscant night with them!

Absolutly, just stunning really Am! This is the first thing I've ever read that you've written and you've absolutly blown me away!

Marvelous job!! :)

~Obischick

3. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Oh dear lord. Thank goodness I didn't read that when I was sick or my nose would have been in even worse shape.

It was so sad, and as always so well done.

Hannah

4. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    This is so, so sad, but very well written. My heart aches for both Han and Leia. :_|

5. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I forgot to say it, but please do PM me when the sequel is up. I look forward to it. :D

~*~Bria

6. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

LUKE!! LUKE!! NOO!!

Ok, I'm done with my raging like a bull Pointed looks at Am and Kitt

Now for the flowerly comments. WONDERFUL. I dislike H/L but this is so sweet!! Any sweeter and I'd be diabetic. Ouch, that was bad. Seriously though, Am, that was extremely poetic and well written. I wish you'd write an M/L!!! Well you did... but write more!

7. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    ACK! Side scroll!! Evil!

jade_angel could you cut your Waaahhh down so that it doesn't side scroll... Please

8. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I KNEW this title was from a Barbara Streisand song, too bad i was beaten to the punch 8-}
    I still demand bonus points!!!! (*hehe* j/k!)

Ames, u have once again reduced me to a puddle of tears and melancholy. As of yet you are the only author to accomplish this, not just once mind you, but mulitple times. You truly have a gift for the angst.

You are also one of the most creative authors on this board. I never would have thought up the idea for this AU, and i dont know of many people who could have either (not to take away from the various ingenious talents on these boards of course!).
    I very much appreciate the invitation u PMed me to read this.

I bow down to your superiority!

::Windstar Out::

9. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
  10. flyby

flyby Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    Beautiful work! Amazing description and a very nice concept. Love it! :)

-flyby-

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Ambre ? Thank you! Well mine are always depressing and gloomy - probably the reason why I encourage you to read them. I had to scavenge for this title.

Sphere ? I?m not the stock market, so I have a tendency to be left out of the loop on rare occasions. It?s like taking candy for a baby, isn?t it?

Sabre ? I await your reply. As I understand it, the award nominations closed yesterday, but the voting is coming up soon. Thank you!

Dust ? Love your icon!

George ? Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Emma - *blushes* Thank you. It would seem a lot of people are checking my work out for the first time, and surprisingly finding it bearable. I bet I?ll look back on this in a year, and cringe like mad. I?m delighted I made it so realistic. Blown you away? Here comes another red tint to my cheeks.

Hannah ? I thought you?d never get here! Needless to say, that humour of yours has me chuckling. Thank you.

Sologal ? Thank you. I?d have to agree.

Bria ? Sure, no problem. I intend to *bug* everyone.

JA ? Scrolling on my thread? Tsk, tsk, naughty. I may just have to go and fetch the PS2 for some disciplinary actions. But look at the Brightside ? what Brightside? ? at least it?s not an oar. Well, this thread is now complete. The final decoration was to have you running through the thread bellowing at the top of your voice. I am content.

Jade ? Thanks, girl.

Bri - *blushes fiercely* I?m honoured. When an author receives such lovely feedback from a reader it?s marvellous. Although, this wasn?t just any feedback ? I?ve been awarded the best I could possibly think of in this thread. I?m glad I still have the ability to reduce people to tears, and have them loving every minute of it. I hope I keep doing it, for the sake of my insanity.

Flyby ? Thank you! I appreciate the reply.

For the benefit of people who insist on news, I must say that nothing has progressed. I?ve been terribly busy lately, and I hope to find time for this soon (whenever that ?time? shall be is a mystery to me).

The H/L award nominations closed today, and I expect the voting to open in a day or so. Let?s keep our fingers crossed!

Am [face_love]

12. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    :::crosses fingers:::

13. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

Probaly the most amazing fic I've ever read. Brought tears to my eyes. Congrats on that, I don't like crying. :p

Thanks for sharing this terrific fic with us all. :D

14. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Whoa....Am, that was amazing. I don't even know what to say. I'm most definitely speechless.

The descriptions left me breathless, but then, you always where good at that. I love the setting for the meeting.

It was a lovely story....But....YOU KILLED CHEWIE!!!! AND YOU SCRAPPED R2!!!!

*ahem* Sorry about that, I'm still running on the "Hate Am for killing R2" time.

Anyhoo, I like how Leia realized she had changed what was meant to happen and blamed herself. I mean...It fit and it was a nice touch.

I also like that Isolder and her never...well, they're married 'friends.' :D Very nice.

Well, I'm going to go back to being speechless. Spectacular work, Am! Bravo! *thunderous applause for Am as Jaci disappears from view into the mist, bowing.*

;) I warned you that I was in a weird mood.

15. sphere_master

sphere_master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    [face_shocked] AAAGHH! Amsie with a PS2? Sorry, but somehow, the idea of that gives me the creeps, considering the kinds of things she does to her characters on a regular basis.......

I'll stick with fan fiction, TV, and Jedi Outcast, thank you very much :D

[face_plain]

(moves into a corner, and begins sniffling)

Sphere Master :(

16. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *upping for no reason, other than that this is a great fic* :)

17. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Bri - *crosses toes*

RangerPrincess ? Thank you very much. It was my pleasure. I hope you plan to investigate my upcoming ventures into different SW genres.

Jaci - *blushes* You flatter me so! Well, speak your mind, anyway! I didn?t expect such a large reply, but boy am I thankful for it. I?m immensely glad I captured the flavour of the OT and the characters. Ah, hating Am session for the Wookie and the droid still going on? *pokes out tongue* Should of killed C-3PO long ago. We?re all weird when we?re up at the time you posted this.

Sphere ? You betcha bottom dollar. Just envision me with an oar, and you?ll be horrified by it.

Oba ? Thanks, sweets!

Anyone else willing to boost my ego? *sits down, trying to wait patiently*

Am [face_love]

18. sphere_master

Jun 10, 2002
    (visualizes Am holding up an oar, and shudders) Now THAT is scary. Yet at the same time, there's something about that I can't help but find appeali- uh, never mind..... [face_plain]

(whacks head repeatedly)

Sphere Master :mad:

19. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL! Something appealing about an oar?

*snicker* Wow, I'm -so- not commenting on that....

*nods her head in agreement with spheremaster but says nothing*

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    What can I say except :p? Shush you, Jadey. You've brainwashed enough T/JK fans - if you know what I mean.

And you, sphere, you find most things about me appealing, no?

Am [face_love]

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ah! I'm wounded... Moi, brainwash? Never!

*grins* Nothing wrong with brainwashing people lol!

22. sphere_master

Jun 10, 2002
    I've said too much 8-}

Sphere Master :cool:

23. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    That was so beautiful, I think I might cry. Wonerful job! (I know I'm a little late)

24. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    ! :D You've done it again, Ames! Congrats on all your Han/Leia awards, esp. best author. Seems you've mastered writing love stories about the WHOLE FAMILY!!!!

:::brings in confetti and what-not from CT party:::
    Force knows there was more than enuff to spare!!! 8-} [face-wink]

::Windstar Out::

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Lady__Skywalker: Betawan! Thank you kindly for the reply. Much obliged!

Bri: *blushes* Can you explain to me why I am always blushing in front of you? Pray tell, do you have this secret potion? You never know, I may be tackling OTHER families next ;)

Bri is right, and so is my sig ? ?You Don?t Bring Me Flowers Anymore? won Best Vignette and Best Tear-jerker (well, tied I think). I also snagged the Best Author, which I?m still honoured by, despite a week or so that has passed since then. Thanks to the votes, people!

Oh, and an update on the little edit I just placed ? general corrections, some new sentences, and a summary. Tell me what you think. I?d be amazed if someone can catch the new sentences, though that isn?t necessary.

I also have a random fact in my head, brought to you by ThePodSquad - apparently the Neil and Barb song I picked for the title is ranked #43 on the "Best Love Songs Ever" table. I hope I've gotten it right, hehe. (Inform me if I'm wrong, Hannah :D)

Now, I?m off to grab me some beta-readers. Tata!

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.