main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq you don't need ARMOR to join the 501st...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by TK166, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi!
    Just a reminder, in case people weren't sure, you don't need ARMOR to join the 501st! You just need a photo of yourself as a suitably attired Imperial!
    There are plenty of Dengars, Zams, Aurras, etc as you can see in the below links:

Check them all out at: (not there is a "next" link at the bottomof some pages.
    http://www.501st.com/members/members.cfm

We should be able to scrounge up 10 people for a Mos Alba NM Garrison, right? We already have 4 enlisted from NM! You can always Join now and get armor later!

your friend Ken

2. TK-1276

TK-1276 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    TK166,

Count me in on joining the Mos Alba NM Garrison! I am currently a member of the Southern California Garrison, but I will be moving to Las Cruces this August to attend NMSU. From what I've read on the forum, the NM crowd seems like a great group of people.

3. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hey, Danny! I haven't said Hi to you yet, but I've been meaning to. I read your other posts under "10 reasons", so yeah, I'm excited to see you are moving here! I went to NMSU, too, (another coincidence, Wook?) and I really loved it.

I'm anxious to see what you think of it here compared to CA. I've been here since about age 3, so I'm always interested to hear what people think of NM after coming here from a "real" state, ha ha! (I think NM is a little backwards in some aspects, we'll see what you think...)
    Ha ha, yep, I think the group here is great! It will be good to have another member, especially one serving under Vader's Fist!

4. TK-1276

TK-1276 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    Ken, I'm really excited about attending NMSU. After visiting the campus and geology dept. last summer, I knew that it would be my first choice for grad school. It sounds like everyone who has attended NMSU has only good things to say about that school. I'm somewhat familiar with NM. My uncle moved to Las Cruces about 12 years ago. I spent a couple of weeks during a few summers with him and I really like what I have seen of NM so far. NM is definately different...but different in a good way, I think.

As for the 501st, the Dark Side is becoming stronger in NM..."everything is proceeding as I have forseen". [face_clown]

5. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    And here I thought I was the Puppet-Master pulling all of the stings....when in reality TH166 was the Dark Lord! :D

Now we have to talk him into converting his armor into a Sandtrooper....MOS ALBA needs you!

Dirtier is Better!
    Jess

6. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    You wouldn't be biased on that, would you Gecko?

When (now it's not a matter of if) I go stormy, it'll be dirty!

7. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    shouldn't you have grass stains? or bark marks? :p

I saw an IMperial Guard Helmet on ebay but its not letting me bid.

8. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Cool! This is exciting!

The dark side is definitely growing in NM! Terry from the toy convention was trying to convince me to get an Aura Sing costume, but the whole bald thing was a bit much...guess I'll check out how some others did it...

Ken - when did you graduate? I was there from '88-'93..back in the days when we had a kickass basketball team...sigh..the good ol days.. :_|

9. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    bald cap! I know a guy with a darth maul costume and he has long ahir. he made a bald cap with horns attached. We could probably figure out something and maybe a way to attached some hair.

10. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Wook, I was there from 85-89, so I'm sure we crossed paths all the time for my last year!

11. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Wook, Ken, I was in Las Cruces 1969-1972...chances are...we did not run into each other! ;)

12. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Varza,

I saw the helmet and it is not a bad deal...why will it not let you bid? Do you need me to bid on it? Do you want to do the Buy It Now and get it? You will be on your way if you get that piece!

13. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Ha ha Jess, you crack me up!

14. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    its mainly becuase I can't log in, I can't remember my password and its giving me jive when I try to change it.

which helmet are you looking at? i have found only one and there is no reserve? its at 26 at the moment and there is 3 days left. search SW red helmet

15. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    We can bid on that if you want to!

16. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    already have, I signed up again and it let me bid. I don't know why it was giving me jive before.

17. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    you guys have got to check out number 3s site. he has built some of the most amazing stuff.

18. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Who is number 3....and what is the web address?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.