main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You ever jinx your team?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Armenian_Jedi, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    1 in 5 fans try to improve luck for favorite team

I know I've done stuff to try and change the outcome of a game.

My friend doesn't watch baseball, but every time I'm watching a game when he's in the room, the dbacks seem to lose. (It should be noted that he watched none of the NLDS and all of the NLCS with me)

When the Packers played the bears earlier this year, on the packers finals drive when they were down by 7, I couldn't bear to watch so I went to the bathroom instead. When I came out, I saw that Favre had lead the Packers all the way down the field and I was just in time to see him throw a perfect pass into the endzone to donald driver... unfortunately, driver didn't fight for the ball and the db wanted it more, so it was intercepted. game over.

It was my fault. I should've stayed on the crapper.

2. Gryffin_intended

Gryffin_intended Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2007
    evertime I go to the bathroom at the stadiu during the game Kansas State looses

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I watched the first game of the NFL playoffs for the Colts at Buffalo Wild Wings last year. So then I had to go back for the next couple so as to not jinx them. I went to a SB party and was afraid I'd jinx the Colts by not being at BWW, but luckily that didn't happen. :)

4. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I'm actually the Mariners' good luck charm. They've never lost when I've gone to a game. [face_good_luck] :p

A friend of mine is no longer welcome to our Packers bar gatherings. Every time he shows up, they lose.

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The home team has won in every game I have attended personally. This includes 4 Portland Trailblazers games, 2 Oregon Duck football games and 1 Seattle Seahawks game.

I don't get to see many games in person. :(

So I guess I don't jinx the home team, at least.

6. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    I'm a Kentucky football fan. What do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.