main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You ever sit down and read this...

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Gennosuke, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gennosuke

Gennosuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    In a very old Simpsons episode Marge asks her minister if divorce is a sin- to which he replies "just about everything is a sin... technically we're not allowed to go to the bathroom". Years later in Family Guy Peter looks for a "catholic toilet training book" which says "that's concentrated evil coming out of you".

Is there any such passage in the bible to back up this, is it (as I hope) a very screwed up misinterpretation or just something the writers made up?

2. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    The basis for this, IIRC, comes from Leviticus (doesn't it always), where it says you're supposed to go miles outside of camp, do your business, and never speak of it again.

At least, that's how I think it went. I don't make a habit of reading Leviticus.

3. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    I don't think any Christian I have ever heard of focused on this. I tried to read through the Old Testament, but to be honest parts of Leviticus and Deuteronomy are coma inducing no matter how religious you are.

And if what you said is true, a lot of those laws were secular in nature and dealt with the realities of the time. Before plumbing, it probably didn't make sense to eat, sleep, and work where you crapped because you didn't have any fancy tubes to take it anywhere.

4. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Same with Kosher laws, laws against homosexuality, laws concerning virginity, etc.

All outdated, IMO.

5. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    But the laws against gays, God was for reals about those ones. And contraceptives. Big no-no.[face_laugh]

6. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Well, to be fair, in the New Testament, God tells Peter he can eat pork, but Paul rails against homosexuality several times in different epistles. But wrong thread anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.