Beyond ~*You Get Me*~- - now COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. slchandl Jedi Knight

Best line:

Leia: ?No, I?m serious. Wipe your chin. She asked me last night.?

So perfect and SO something my mom would say to me! That's just an example of what makes the dialogue (and everything else) in this story so believable.

More soon...please?
  2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh my goodness! I love this story so incredibly much!

I loved the Han/Leia/Jaina part...that was classic!

I loved the Jacen/E'marta stuff, too...she's so much fun!

I also loved the Han/Tahiri post...they're so cute in their discomfort!

I hope when I come back from camp in two weeks that there will be lots of posties waiting for me! 8-} :D

Is it too soon to ask for more?
  3. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    How's this for soon, JJD? ;) Another short one. And my plan is to finish this really soon, so hopefully by the time you get back from camp, it'll be done. What kind of camp are you going to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Jacen returned home to his small apartment, it was very late. He had worked until near dark to finish the camp?s new dining hall, proud to step back and admire the accomplishment of his ?actions?. Then he took some time to eat a late meal on a nearby beach and enjoy the multi-colored sunset that graced the evening sky. He only wished Tahiri had been with him. She would have loved it, he knew, after hearing her describe some of the dual sunsets back on Tatooine.

Now that his mind was clear, he felt no need to rush or fret anymore. He knew exactly what he would do tomorrow?or rather today, he noted as he glanced down at his wrist chrono. Right now what he needed was a hot shower and a good night?s sleep.

He entered his quarters and made short work of removing his sweat-soaked shirt. It would need at least two cycles through the laundry to get that thing clean, he chuckled. He had forgotten to take his comm unit along for the day, so he quickly listened to the messages waiting for him.

There were several from his mother and she sounded frantic.

?Jacen? Where are you? I need to talk to you, sweetheart. Please call me as soon as possible.?

Then there was one from his father, which sounded strangely suspicious. Jacen could tell when his old man was up to something since that happened to be most of the time.

?Hey, kid. It?s your dad. Have you talked to your mother yet?? Then a brief pause. ?I hate these message things! Just call me back.?

Jacen laughed and pushed the button to hear the last message, hoping it was from Tahiri. He had missed hearing her decidedly feminine voice even if it had only been one day.

No such luck.

?Hi, Jace!?

It was Jaina---and she sounded perkier than usual, like she knew something he didn?t.

?Have you talked to Mom yet?? He did a double take at his comm unit upon hearing the exact same question his father had asked. ?I tried to reach you with the Force, but you?re blocking me again, aren?t you?? she accused, sounding a bit miffed. She was right, though. He had been shielding from everyone to allow him time to work things out on his own. It figured his twin would be the one to realize it before anyone else.

?Anyway,? she drawled, back to her ?I-know-something-you-don?t-know voice, ?call me right away. I?m just so excited! I can?t stand it!?

Then a beep sounded to signal the end of his messages. Jacen was left standing shirtless in the middle of his room wondering what the Sith was going on. Glancing again at the time, he debated whether to call his parents at such a late hour, but knew he?d never sleep until he found out what had his family in such an uproar.

The Solo?s comm was answered even before the first series of alert tones finished sounding.

?Jacen?!? came his mother?s anxious voice.

?Yeah, Mom. It?s me. What?s going on??

?Thank goodness!? she declared. ?I?ve been trying to reach you all day. Where were you? Why didn?t you have your comm??

?I forgot to take--,? he began to explain, only to be cut off in mid-sentence.

?Never mind all that,? Leia interrupted, dismissing his excuse. ?I need you to come over right away. There?s something we need to discuss.?

Jacen started to worry. ?Is anybody hurt? Is it Tahiri? Is she okay?? he asked, feeling a knot form in his stomach. If anything happened to her while he?d been blocking everyone out through the Force, he?d never forgive himself.

?Tahiri?? his mother repeated quizzically. Jacen wasn?t present or he would have witnessed the look of confusion on Leia?s face and the smile of satisfaction on Han?s. ?No, honey. She?s fine and nobody?s hurt.?

Jacen breathed a sigh of relief. ?Then can?t you just tell me what it is now? I really need a shower and some sleep. I?m beat.?

?No,
  4. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait for more! Looking forward to J/T mush, when it finally gets there!
  5. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Jacen mush of some type is on its way. ;) And I'll try to make it extra gushy when it finally gets here. I promise!
  6. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jacen smiled weakly. ?So I?m the last one to know??

?Welcome to manhood, son,? Han declared. ?Get used to it.?
    Okay, that's my favorite Han line in this fic! :D

I like how Jacen's first concern was for Tahiri! :D [face_love]

Intersting post!

It's church camp, actually, with my youth group, and it's my first year as a counselor, so I'm a bit nervous! But I'm sure to have fun!

I'm so looking forward to having a whole bunch of posts, right up to the end, when I get back! :D
  7. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow ok, I missed quite a few posts over the last few days. ALL of which were AMAZING!!!! I loved all of them. hehehe, I can't wait for more. Two posts in one day? I think that that may be a record. hehehe. Anyway, more soon and J/T mush would be great!!!!

Fireyforce
  8. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    JJD-- I loved writing that line! Han is just the greatest. [face_love]

My little sis is just getting ready to leave for a church camp next week too. Have a good time!

Fireyforce-- Thanks again for the encouragement! Mucho mush is inevitable, I fear. ;)

Plus, I just had a revelation about how exactly I'm going to end this fic. I'd been struggling with it for a while, but now... I gots it all under control. :cool:
  9. Rouge_JeDi_NuRse Jedi Knight

star 1
    ohh i feel so loved........

by the way so not expectng a post return and there was 5.... I LOVE U MAN.. i swear for the second i think it was if there wasnt a 3rd life woul be miserable.. suspence like that should never be aloud

good work on han his charecter portrail was tops.... i hate it wen authors make him soppy when all he was supose to do was show a little affection..

cant wait for banquett very excitting stuff
    p.s lock jania in her room she always ruins J/t mush better yet send jag too...... it would be like killing 4 love birds with one stone
  10. Sethathoryunet Force Ghost

star 1
    Yes, sorry about the name. But at least there's not millions of me running around the board ! :D

Perhaps I should get a nick name? Any suggestions would be welcome. [face_blush]

And yes, I have read most of the fics in your bio Val, but do you have any more out there?

Thank goodness you're typing as fast as I read!!
    More please, and a huge UPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUP!!
  11. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, yes, yes, the banquet is on its way! Our characters are getting ready just as we speak. ;)

Jedi Nurse--Thanks for the compliment about my Han portrayal. He's my all time fave, so I always worry about getting him just right... not too gruff, not too soft.

Sethabcdefghijk....-- ;)--I'll work on that nickname. (j/k) Besides my SW fics, I have a short Buffy fic, the start of a HP fic, an original short mushy modern-day romance, and an unfinished fanfic from a show I used to love about 8 years ago. Plus, I have about 5-6 other plot bunnies running rampant right now. The two at the top of my list are a SW post NJO Kyp/Jaina fic and an original medieval/fantasy type adventure/romance. Now, will those ever get written? Who knows?? If all I had to do was sit and write, it would be pure bliss. But then there are those pesky little distractions like family and work. [face_laugh]
  12. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great posts, Val!

I really enjoyed all of them, I think the stuff with Han and his helping Tahiri was my favorite! I really like what you've done with Han in this fic! I liked the Jacen/E'marta conversation, too. Oh, and the Han/Leia/Jaina scene was all very fun! So, again, it's all good!

As for your not being around here for a while, well neither was I! It was my last year at college, and I had an internship, so I was pretty busy. I can also understand why the end of the NJO would have made you less interested in Jacen/Danni; while I haven't read the last two books yet, it sounds like it's pretty clear that the authors had no idea what they intended to do with that.

Yeah, well I love making guys squirm. It's my hobby.

Well, that explains some things about your stories...like all the "shirtless Jacen" scenes... :p

I have a short Buffy fic

Cool! What's your fic about? I've become pretty obsessed with Buffy over the last year, although I haven't read much Buffy fic, and the Buffy 'ship I most enjoy reading about probably ranks below Jacen/Tahiri on the obscurity/unlikliness meter.

Looking forward to the next posts, Val, keep up the good work! :)
  13. Swift_Wrath_SAB Jedi Knight

star 1
    YEA! FOUR POSTS, FOUR DAYS! YAY! I really liked that post, except for the fact that you left us hanging by a thread. PLEASE! FINISH IT! Then have at least 2 posts of pure mush. KK? Do we understand each other? Good ,thought so.

Oy, and

U---------U--PPPPPPPPPP
    U---------U--P---------P
    U---------U--P---------P
    U---------U--P---------P
    U---------U--PPPPPPPPPP
    U---------U--P
    U---------U--P
    U---------U--P
    UUUUUUUUU--P

:D
  14. slchandl Jedi Knight

Umm....hello. Hi. Yes, this is Steph and um...I was wondering when...uh, that is, I was hoping that you could....er, um.....UPDATE THIS FIC!!!!!!!!!

This story just keeps getting better and better. I love that Han is helping Tahiri (aka Underdog) out. I'm so obsessed with this story that I actually had a dream about it last night! How freaky is that? Anyhow, I'm still waiting for more, please.

If I need to, I'll even make a fancy "UP" sign like Swift_Wrath. It will probably look horrible so don't make me resort to that.
  15. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Danny--like all the "shirtless Jacen" scenes...

Yes, I know how much you love it when I write about 'shirtless Jacen' [face_laugh] And now that you mention it, I could probably manage to get him shirtless even at this banquet. [face_devil]

Swift Wrath--Then have at least 2 posts of pure mush. KK? Do we understand each other? Good ,thought so.

The mush is coming. This post has just a hint, but the last section of the story is going to go pretty much moment by moment, so just hang with me. :) I've got it all worked out in my devious little mind.

slchandl--I actually had a dream about it last night!

LOL! [face_laugh] Ah,yes... my plan to weasel my way into your unsuspecting psyches is working! **maniacal laughter ensues**
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, you are all personally invited to the Formal Reception in honor of the newly signed compact between the Galactic Alliance and the Hapan Consortium...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sleep had never been so sweet, Jacen Solo mused as he stretched contentedly in his warm cocoon of a bed, refusing to open his eyes just yet. He was hoping to catch one last glimpse of the tiny, barefoot blonde who had starred in his dreams and blessed him with his best night of rest in ages. Languidly, he finally rolled over and glanced sleepy-eyed at the chrono on his nightstand.

?Sith!? he shouted nearly falling on his face as he stumbled out of bed. It was late?the latest he had slept in for quite some time. Most people were probably already having lunch and here he was just waking up. This was not good. He?d had a plan for the day, which involved finding Tahiri and getting his feelings right out in the open once and for all. Now that he knew for sure how he felt, he was anxious to find out Tahiri?s sentiments, and even though he was a bit nervous about what she might say, he just couldn?t wait any longer.

It was time for some action.

After throwing on some clothes, Jacen took off to find the girl he now realized had etched a permanent place in his heart. Unfortunately, she wasn?t home when he got to her place. So he went to the next logical location, Camp Hope, figuring she would surely be there hard at work or chatting with E?marta, but still no Tahiri anywhere. By the time he finally made it back home, he had to start getting ready for the ball so that he wouldn?t be late to his parents?. Leia insisted he go with her and Han.

Standing inside his parents? living room, Jacen tugged for the hundredth time at the uncomfortable collar of the white shirt his mother picked out for him to wear.

?Who made these things anyway? The Sith? This constant rubbing could drive a man insane!? Jacen complained as his mother came over and straightened his dark blue over-vest one more time.

?See!? Han crowed triumphantly, swatting him on the back. ?I?m not the only one, Leia.?

She playfully reached over to swat him and then continued fussing over her son. After a few more seconds of fidgeting, Leia stepped back to admire her efforts and clasped her hands together. The bright white of his shirt and deep blue of his vest contrasted perfectly with his bronzed skin and sun-streaked hair, a product of his selfless volunteer work at the refugee camp. His black pants fit just right and his black nerf-hide boots were polished to a shine.

?You are so handsome, honey,? she declared with a motherly smile. ?You remind me so much of your father. I bet you looked a lot like him at that age, dear,? she said to Han.

?Yeah, yeah, yeah, sweetheart. Can we just get going now? The sooner we get there, the sooner I can get back home and get out of this shirt.? Jacen grinned at his father who was now fiercely yanking at his own collar in discomfort. ?You know how I hate dressing up.?

?Oh, okay. Just let me get my purse. I must have left it in our room.?

Han watched as his wife left, and when he was certain Leia was out of ears
  16. Swift_Wrath_SAB Jedi Knight

star 1
    *snatches first reply*

It is mine! HA! Great post Val! I am looking forward to the rest. Jacen with the guy was so much like Han! Of course he has to finish the drink before he shoves it into the guys hand. lol Ok, heres a:

U---------U--PPPPPPPPPP
    U---------U--P---------P
    U---------U--P---------P
    U---------U--P---------P
    U---------U--PPPPPPPPPP
    U---------U--P
    U---------U--P
    U---------U--P
    UUUUUUUUU--P

:D
  17. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! This is soo blased perfect! why do i sence something wrong is about to happen??? Common you can't end it there, continue!! MORE ASAPINS!!!!!!

Fireyforce
  18. slchandl Jedi Knight

Oh, this is so delicious! You are doing a phenomenal job with the perspectives here. Changing "scenes" faster and faster as the climax of the story draws near is brilliant. I've seen it done in many published works and it really makes the reader feel the build-up. I also like the slight overlap in the storyline with each change of perspective, it's not too much but not too little and really adds depth to the reading experience. It also allows for obsessed readers like me to enjoy the great scenes from different angles. KEEP IT UP!!

Anyway, back to the story...things are unfolding nicely but I smell more angst coming.

Fireyforce: (cracks the whip) Quit hanging around here and go update "After"!!!
  19. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    You are doing a phenomenal job with the perspectives here. Changing "scenes" faster and faster as the climax of the story draws near is brilliant.

Wow! Thanks, slchandl. :D I was hoping it wasn't too much skipping around, but I tend to write with a "movie" of the story playing out in my head. So it tends to get that way if I have more than one character. It's good to see that you think it's working!

Working on it right now!
  20. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nice post,Val! :) I can't wait to see what happens!

And, although I've said it before, I have to say, great job with all the characters, especially Han!
  21. slchandl Jedi Knight

It's absolutely working! It reminds me vaugely of really good....AHEM....nevermind that.
  22. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm so excited!!! Can't wait for what comes next. Great job!
  23. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    slchandl-- What was that you were saying in your last post? ;)

Thanks, Danny! You know I do it all for you! Now see if you can find the part I threw in just for you!:*

Jedi Ambyr-rose--wait no more! :)

Here comes a little mush...:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tahiri Veila prided herself on being tough. How could she not be after all the hardship she?d had in her life? So it surprised her when her knees started to wobble the minute she saw Jacen Solo heading her way. ?Is it possible,? she wondered, ?to faint just because a man looked so blasted handsome in dress clothes??

He was smiling like his father as he weaved in and out through the throng, and she couldn?t help but smile in return. Not that she wanted to, but somehow, Jacen was able to make her feel and do things she knew she shouldn?t. That was dangerous and precisely the reason she absolutely had to keep her head tonight. His power over her had to be stopped before her heart was completely ripped to shreds. Willing her knees to stand firm, Tahiri braced herself as he stepped up on the dais and stopped right in front of her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Hey,? he said with a quick, masculine perusal of the young woman in front of him. Only Han noticed how Jacen took in every inch of her from head to toe.

?Shoes,? Jacen added casually. ?You?re wearing shoes.?

?Brilliant,? Han thought sarcastically. ?Where?d the kid learn that lame pick-up line??

Tahiri blushed. ?Yeah, well, I figured I?d give them a try for such a special occasion.?

Jacen suddenly seemed awkward and unsure. ?They look?nice. You?look?nice,? he stammered.

?Nice?? Han groaned inwardly and rolled his eyes. The boy had that over-sized, philosophical Jedi brain and all he could come up with was ?nice?? Sheesh! This was going to be harder than he anticipated.

?Thanks,? Tahiri replied. ?You look nice, too.?

?Well, this collar is killing me!? Jacen exclaimed. ?I can?t wait to get this shirt off.?

Han noticed the bright red blush that crept up Tahiri?s neck and onto her face. Was she envisioning Jacen shirtless? He grinned.

?Are you complaining about that shirt again, Jacen?? Leia asked as she walked up to join the trio. ?If you keep pulling at that thing, you?ll stretch it out of shape.?

?Sorry, Mom,? Jacen apologized giving her a quick hug. ?Still love me??

?You know I do,? she answered. Man, was she a pushover when it came to her kids, Han thought. Leia turned her gaze to Tahiri then. ?Tahiri, you look lovely tonight. That dress suits you so well.?

Tahiri beamed with pride. ?Thank you, Leia. And thanks for sending it over. I don?t know what I would?ve done if it wasn?t for you.?

Han immediately noted the look of utter confusion on his wife?s face and warning claxons blared in his head. Red alert! Red alert! He had to get her away before she ruined everything.

?But Tahiri, I didn?t--,? Leia began, but she was quickly interrupted by Han?s firm hand on her elbow motioning her away.

?Look, honey. There?s Luke and Mara waving us over. It must be important,? he waved back at no one in particular.

Leia glanced around searching for her brother. ?Where? I don?t see them.?

?Just come with me, sweetheart,? Han said as he dragged her away from the younger couple.

She was cute, but she sure was trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacen couldn?t seem to take his eyes off of Tahiri and she couldn?t seem to meet his gaze.

?So,? he said.

?So,? she replied shyly.

?Are you hungry? Thirsty? There?s a ton of food in there,? he said offering his arm.

Tahiri knew she should refuse and run the other way, but was helpless to resist. ?Sure. That sounds good. I haven?t eaten since this morning.? So she looped her arm through his and they made their way to the food tables further into the great hall.

?Don?t screw this up, S
  24. Rouge_JeDi_NuRse Jedi Knight

star 1
    yay 1st post

oh poor thiri why can i forsee han doing something well hannish +evil laugh+

that was a heart warming post and good job on han again
  25. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks! And Han's not finished yet!!!!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.