main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*You Get Me*~- - now COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks, slchandl! :* Much better! ;)

jedi7-- Queen, huh?...I like the sound of that. ;) If only it were true!

2. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    *spins* Val that was incredible. Simply fantastic! Tahiri finally shut up and Jacen was able to say what he needed to say, but I don't recall him saying that he loved her. *prodes Jacen* Tell her you idiot! You Solo's have the tendency to die or lose the person you love before you get the chance. TELL HER YOU FOOL!!! Ok done ranting at Jacen. More sooon????

Fireyforce

3. slchandl

slchandl Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    I had to wait until I had a quiet moment to write this because I have a lot to say. I think you made a great decision with your portrayal of Jaina. This story needed an antagonist and Jaina was the logical choice. You obviously had to choose someone that Tahiri would take seriously in regards to Jacen's feelings. Jaina supposedly had the "inside scoop" so it made sense that Tahiri would value her opinion. And you're absolutely right...Jaina is so close to Jacen that it's conceivable for her to completely miss his growing attraction to Tahiri. I know my own brother has surprised me more times than I can count. I also liked that you never really made Jaina malicious. THAT, to me, would have been way out of character. Instead you created a scenario that was as captivating as it was plausible. Bravo!

(WHEW)

Now, about this update....

Favorite line:

?That?s my boy!?

So, so perfect! You are like some master chef that has concocted this perfect combination of romance, angst and humor and I'm completely enthralled. I love that Tahiri didn't make it easy for Jacen at first. That would have definitely been anti-climactic. She got a chance to show some of that Vong anger and it was...refreshing. Plus, Jacen deserved to squirm a bit after ditching her on the dance floor.

As I read the kiss scene, I had this vivid image playing in my head...a beautiful balcony, starry night, slight breeze, fireworks in the air, the camera spinning around them as their deepest feelings and desires were finally manifested in this perfectly glorious kiss, the music crescendos! Okay, maybe that was over the top but it's what I saw! You are the master of imagery, Val.

Han and Leia were really the icing on the cake. I've really loved the dialogue between those two. I wasn't sure how you'd handle Leia's reaction but you truly couldn't have done it better. She was shocked but...happy. It was like a pleasant surprise. Very nice to see after Leia's initial blindness to the whole relationship (like mother, like daughter?)

Well, that was quite a ramble but I had to say it. I feel like I should offer some constructive criticism to balance out all of this praise but I honestly wouldn't change a thing. This...is...perfection.

Now...I'm waiting for the grand finale (while secretly hoping that it will never end).

-Steph

4. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Swift_Wrath_SAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    NOOO!! I don't want it to end! Ah well, all good things must come to an end sometime. *sigh

Good post, looking forward to more! :D

5. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    I agree! A grand finale is in order!!
    And the speed you write at, I will be able to read it next weekend, right? *hint hint*
    :D

6. slchandl

slchandl Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    A little something to inspire you, Val...

"UP" A Poem

(ahem)

Up! Up, I say.

The end.

Thank you.

7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I'm BA-ACK! :D

And thrilled at all the posts! :) I don't know how to tell you how much I've enjoyed them! Yay for Jacen and Tahiri! Yay for Han! Yay for Anakin! Yay for Tenel Ka, even (she was very mature about the whole thing)! BOO FOR JAINA! ;) I tell ya, that girl is so clueless.

Anyways, those were lovely posts! I'll be throughly depressed when it's over, but I've loved every minute of it!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

8. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks so much, guys, for the ups and the compliments. :) The end should be up within the next couple of days...maybe tonight seeing as I'm not a bit tired yet. ;)

Fireyforce-- You're very perceptive, but don't count our dear boy out yet. He's got a bit of 'umph' left in him despite all that thinking his big brain usually does. Too much time in Vong captivity makes him appreciate the 'finer things' in life...if ya know what I mean. **wink, wink, nudge, nudge**

JJD--- Glad you're back! And I hope you are feeling spiritually refreshed after your camp trip. We all need that bit of renewing from time to time. :)

slchandl-- Wow. Can I hire you as my personal cheerleader? After reading your kind words I feel like I could be the next JK Rowling or something. LOL! I really do appreciate your comments. I try to do some of those things, but I sometimes am unsure if I truly pull it off, so to speak. And you're right...Jaina is kind of the antagonist in this. I wrote this one as just a mushy piece---not really any major villains or action---so somebody had to be the 'heavy' and unfortunately it was dear Jaina. [face_laugh]

I know that Jaina has driven everyone crazy in this fic...she was supposed to, actually. But I already have an idea for a new Jaina fic where she will be totally redeemed from her cluelessness of this story. At least that's my plan. ;)

9. ruffem

ruffem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, I'm glad Tahiri finally shut up. However, I'm still having a bit of trouble believing Jaina's cluelessness. Seriously, some Vong must have extracted a very important part of her brain. However, it twas a good ending. I'm glad Jace was a gentleman to Tenel in his refusal of her proposal. So good story. But I can't help thinking it would have been kinda funny if Tahiri tried to escape over the wall.....

10. leandrastar2000

leandrastar2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2004
    First of all I would like to say that this is a very good story. I have loved every word of it.

I would have cheered TAhiri on if she had tackled Jacen when Tenel Ka called for him at the banquet. Steak your claim woman, steak your claim.

That proposal scene between Jacen and Tenel Ka was very sweet. Jacen handled that perfectly I think.

For Jaina to be Jacen's twin and "supposedly" knowing him very well, she is surprisingly dence when it comes to seeing her brother's true feelings for the women in his life. i was quite shocked at how imperceptive she is considering even Jag has picked up on Jacen and Tahiri's attraction.

Finally, Jaden told Tahiri how he feels. Oh, and i love that exchange between Han and Leia.

11. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Another post! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacen?s warm, strong lips eventually ceased their gentle tasting and slipped reluctantly from Tahiri?s along with his hands which had been ardently caressing her back. A tingly heat had spread from her center to every tip of her body the instant his lips had crushed hers, and as the kisses became more tender, she was nearly brought to tears. Slowly, she opened her eyes, not quite ready to let go of the passionate intensity of the moment, and found him studying her face intently. He seemed to be waiting for her response, but she found she could not speak?only stare back. Her brain was still too busy processing the fact that he had kissed her and couldn?t manage to extend the energy required to form words.

Anakin had sure never kissed her like that!

Her fingers came back up to touch her lips. They felt a bit swollen, but somehow she didn?t mind.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacen took a step back and cleared his throat.

?Um?,? he muttered, the courage that had been coursing through his veins minutes before had suddenly fled at top speed.

Tahiri seemed to be staring at nothing in particular now, her green eyes sparkling as they gazed off into space. He watched as she turned around and walked absent-mindedly over toward the wall by the cliff edge. Should he follow? Did she want him to? He had expected some type of response from her?a smile, a kind word, even a smack would have given him some clue as to what she was thinking right now and saved him from this torture of not knowing.

He shrugged his shoulders and followed behind at a safe distance. He couldn?t stand the silence.

?Tahiri?? he said. She looked up at him and so he continued. ?I hope that was okay. Maybe I was assuming too much by taking such liberties, but I had come to believe that you felt the same way about me that I?ve come to feel about you.?

Still no response, just her eyes staring up at him with that same unreadable expression, so he kept talking.

?I, um, I just couldn?t help myself anymore,? he confessed stepping closer to her, longing to touch her again. His hand came up and hovered next to her cheek again, but he didn?t make contact. Instead, he dropped his hand and took a deep breath.

?I hope that I didn?t offend you, and I?I hope that you?ll forgive me if I did. I just?,? he paused and his hand itched to pull her into his arms, ?I just need you in my life, and I...want you? desperately with every bone in my body.? He stopped and placed his hands on both of her shoulders. He wanted to look her right in the eyes when he said this.

?Tahiri, I?m falling in love with you,? he declared firmly. There. It was said. He?d done what he?d set out to do. He ran a hand back through his hair and said shyly, ?Um, any feedback here would be greatly appreciated.?

If only she?d say something.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Tahiri, I?m falling in love with you.?

He said it. Love. He loved her. He loved her.

She had been walking in a haze for the past few moments after his heart-pounding kiss, trying to soak it all in and figure out what it really meant. Now with his clear declaration there was no mistaking what it meant.

He loved her.

And she loved him.

Sure, she had tried not to?tried to keep her heart from taking the tumble, but the more she?d gotten to know him the more impossible it had become to keep from falling for him. Not only was he the most handsome man in existence, in her opinion, but his kind and compassionate nature had torn down her defenses piece by piece until her love for him was undeniable.

Something in her snapped. One second she was standing stock still nearly a foot apart from him, and the next she was in his arms, her hands running madly through his hair and then up and down his chest as her lips attacked his with a ferocity she?d never dreamed herself capable of. All she knew was that she?d been waiting f

12. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    wow...I haven't seen this in a while..but it was great! sad to see it over, but I loved every second of reading it!

Bravo val solo!

EJ

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Wow.

There were so many great lines in those last two posts that I'm not even going to attempt to repeat anything.

Suffice it to say that that was wonderful. Wonderful. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside... ;) YAY! (I'm kind of delusional right now; can you tell?)

Anyways, I'm devestated :_| that it's over, but it was wonderful and I enjoyed every minute of it!

congratulations on a wonderful fic, val!

14. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    EEEE That was brilliant!!! I loved the whole thing, and even though it's over, I can't help but be happy. Jacen and Tahiri mush was well written. I loved it!!! More fics from you soon I hope?

Fireyforce

15. ruffem

ruffem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, finally Jaina found out. FINALLY. And I'm glad everything is resolved. Cheers for Anakin the match-maker!

16. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    WHAT!! are you doing down here, GET BACK UP THERE!! :D 7

17. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks so much, Eowyn Jade, JJD, Fireforce, ruffem, and jedi7! :) I know I probably dragged things out for far too long, but thanks for sticking with the fic anyway. And Anakin's appearance at the end...okay, so it was a bit corny, but I happen to like corn. ;) And besides, I think I've been reading too many cheesy romance novels this summer. :eek:

I have a couple of ideas for new fics that might show up sooner or later. Unfortunately, I have this 'disease' that keeps me from being able to write a short fic. LOL! Apart from a couple of exceptions, all of my fics have turned out much longer than originally intended...this one included. Oh, well! :D

18. slchandl

slchandl Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    Sorry for my tardiness, Val. What a wonderful conclusion! Definitely the grand finale I was hoping for! The make-out scene left me...breathless. It made perfect sense that all the bottled up feelings they had shared during this whole story would finally explode in a rather passionate, frantic and...ummmm....violent way. Jaina's epiphany was well done and probably redeemed her a bit in the eyes of a few readers. My personal suspicion was that Jaina didn't see the developing relationship between Jacen and Tahiri partly because she didn't WANT to (perhaps due to a loyalty to Anakin)and partly because she didn't know her brother as well as she used to. As I've said before, the plot-line was very believable and well developed.

I know how you feel about your fics turning out longer than expected. Sometimes good stories take on a life of their own. Honestly, Val, no part of this story was too drawn out or overdone. The plot developed nicely and peaked appropriately. If anything, it too short! I'm so glad you're already chewing on new stories but a sequel to this one would be MUCH appreciated as well. Just an idea...

Thanks so much for writing this wonderful story. Now, I'm going to go back through and read it again in its completion!!

Looking for more from you soon!

-Steph

19. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Wow!! I started reading this over at fanfiction and then I had pretty much given up on you...only checking in every once in a while.... But I have to say...That was definately worth the wait!

I am a devoted J/TK shipper....but this story was amazingly awesome even tho it had jacen paired with someone else. And I loved the way you let TK down easy...it was just altogether briliant! I am now a devoted fan of yours... I love your writing. And this story.

God bless,
    jaina

20. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks, Jedimaster JainaSolo and slchandl! :) I'm glad I didn't disappoint you. ;) Yeah, okay, the ending might have been a bit sappy, but this is a romance fic, right? LOL!

And I have already started a new fic... K/J this time. I couldn't resist. I actually have three different fic ideas for Post-NJO picking up where it left off-- a K/J storyline, a Jacen/OC one and then a Danni/OC+ a bit of Tahiri. I had thought about trying to weave them all together, but I don't think I'm quite up to that just yet. Instead, I'll try this next one in first person, which I don't usually do...don't know why, but I'm giving it a shot anyway. Maybe I'll catch some of you over there! :D

~* Absolutely Necessary *~

21. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Fantastic!! And I didn't even have to beg for another story!
    You are the speed queen of sw fanfic!
    :D
    *wanders off to 'absolutely necessary'*

22. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Sorry for being so late, Val. I had no idea this was updated until recently. :(

I just wanted to say that this was a great ending to the story. You actually write J/T likable, though there's no comparison to A/T. ;)

And hopefully you'll update your J/D fic. ;)

23. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Normally, I really don't like that pairing, but you wrote it VERY well. I especially liked how you built up their relationship slowly. I think it makes it more believable, at least for me. :) Is there a sequel? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.