main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*You Get Me*~- - now COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    It's short, but it's a post! :D

Nice!!! More!!!

2. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    LOL I didn't know this was here but I haven't been much to the old thread [face_blush] Sort of forgot about it.

But now I'm back and it is awesome [face-silly]

3. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    val solo
    Really good story. It makes me actually consider wanting the two of them together. :)

Jedi_Jaina_Durron
    I will be almost as mad as when they kill off Kyp.
    Shhhh! Don't even think that!!!

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Kettch_the_Jedi, I'm just being realistic. I've come to terms with the fact that he will die in the NJO. I just hope they let Greg Keyes do it in the Last Prophecy. That way, at least, we know he'll go out with a bang, like the hero he is. Now if someone like Stackpole was to write it...he'd die in a selfish act of war.

Yeah.

Up!

5. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Jacen die? :eek: Noooooo! That can't happen.

~aeryn

6. Hail_Jaina

Hail_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    Great posts!!!!
    If it was her own desires, then why in the world did she lead herself to Jacen?
    oh, because you love him of course, Tahiri [face_love] [face_devil]

7. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Great story, Val.

I NEED MORE!!!!!! ;)

Jacen die? Noooooo! That can't happen.

Who said anything about Jacen dying?
    Not to say I haven't thought about it. [face_devil]

//gunshot

8. Jainas_blade

Jainas_blade Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    I love this fic. I have always liked the Jacen/Tahiri pairing.

NEED MORE!!!!!

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Whitey, shame on you :(

~aeryn

10. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    There shall be no talk of killing off any characters that are not already dead. ;) LOL!

I've got an outline for this story done... now I just need to get the time to write it all out!

11. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    Yes! Write! :p

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    That's great, val. I don't write with outlines, but it's also good to know how long it's gonna be. I have a slight problem with knowing when to stop typing and just end it already.

~aeryn

13. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Jedi Jaina Durron
    I will be almost as mad as when they kill off Kyp

Nooooo!!!!! They will not kill of my Kypie! :( But I am so scaird they will, since they have this odd thing about killing off all the good characters and leaving people like coughcaptiancardboardcough alive.

Val
    ?Okay,? she agreed. ?But only if you can keep up with my busy routine. First up is a workout.? She stood up and looked down at him in his chair. ?Ready to sweat??

Is Jacen going to be shirtless? :D [face_love]

Okay okay, I'll get my mind out of the gutter, but honestly, that was a really great post, those two are so adoreable together.

And honestly, even though I orignnally a Anakin/Tahiri fan, I am NOT a ressurectionest. That would just be corny, once people are dead, they stay dead.

14. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Sorry for the delay in posting lately. :( Real life just keeps getting in the way! ;)

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacen Solo was impressed.

For someone so young, he contemplated, Tahiri was really pushing herself to the limit both physically and intellectually. She had shown him her daily workout routine, which was rigorous and demanding even by a Jedi?s standards, and then taken him to the local library to reveal her ?private studies?. Again, he was surprised to find her so involved in furthering her mind just as well as her body.

As they walked out of the library into the streets of the bustling Mon Calamari city, Jacen glanced at her and shook his head in amazement.

?Wow,? he stated simply.

?What?? she replied self-consciously with a wrinkle of her nose.

?I just never expected you to?? He stammered to find the right words.

?Never expected me to what? Be into studying??

?Yeah, well, that and your stiff workouts. You do that every single day?? he asked skeptically.

Tahiri halted as they came to a street corner and stuffed her hands into her pants pockets. ?Yes. Is that really so hard to believe? Did you think I just sat around all day doing nothing??

Jacen chuckled. ?I guess I don?t know what I thought. I didn?t know you were in to astronomy.?

?Danni Quee gave me a few suggestions when I asked her some questions about her inventions. We talked for a bit and she gave me some ideas. She?s pretty cool.?

?Yeah, she?s a neat person,? Jacen agreed. ?I?m glad you?re becoming acquainted with good people like her.? The signal changed and they began to cross the street. When they got to the other side, Tahiri frowned and slowed her pace.

?And what exactly is that supposed to mean??

Jacen stopped and turned back to look at her. ?Hmm??

?There you go again, acting like you?re my parent or something. Like I can?t do anything without your approval.?

Jacen was taken aback by her sudden shift in mood. ?Tahiri, I?m not trying to act like your parent. And of course you don?t need my approval for anything. I was only saying that you, and everyone else, need as many friends as you can get, and Danni?s a good choice. That?s all,? he assured her. ?Now smooth down those ruffled feathers. I like you better when you?re kicking my butt on the practice floor.? He offered her a famous Solo grin and that seemed to calm her down.

They continued on down the street in silence for several blocks, neither one quite sure what to think of this new friendship that was being formed. Jacen felt confident that he was on the right track with Tahiri?that she indeed needed a good friend to help her face the pain in her life. He was also certain that he was the man for the job. He was doing it for his brother, Anakin, and for Tahiri, as well. She was still a kid and needed someone older and more mature to help guide her through this difficult time.

That?s right, he told himself. She?s a kid and I?ll simply be her mentor. That?s all. But of course, he couldn?t help remembering Anakin?s words back on the worldship all those months ago. What exactly had Anakin meant? The ?kiss her? part was fairly self-explanatory, but it was the ?take her? part that left Jacen in a quandary. Surely he had meant just to take care of her? not to actually--- No. He wouldn?t even think of that possibility. No way could Anakin have meant for Jacen to have Tahiri as his girlfriend or whatever one chose to call it. She was too young and not even his type? not that he even knew what his type was. He hadn?t had much time lately for romantic ?entanglements?.

?So how old are you now?? he asked, startling Tahiri out of her quiet ponderings.

?Um, I just turned seventeen.?

?Oh,? he replied, filing it away for future reference. So she wasn?t that young.

They had dinner together at their regular dining hall, conversation becoming increasingly more comfortable as time passed. Even though Tahiri wasn?t yet ready to share her memories of

15. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm a trifle disappointed by the lackage of a shirtless Jacen............ ;) But I LOVED that post! I love how well you're developing their platonic relationship....

Anna

16. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Great post Val! I really like your developing their relationship, Jacen is so funny, "Anakin couldn't mean it THAT way!" :p

No shirtless Jacen? :( But there will be eventually? :D :D Mesa so excited! :D :p

17. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    Ooh! Nice postie, val! :D

18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    That?s right, he told himself. She?s a kid and I?ll simply be her mentor.

Oooh, I sense romance in the air and Val, don't worry about the stretching the age. It's done a lot in fanfics.

~aeryn

19. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Nice work, Val! I agree with everyone that you are developing their relationship very nicely. :)

And I liked the part about Tahiri talking to Danni. I've always (well, since SbS) thought that it would be neat if a friendship developed between those two.

And to provide a different view from some of the earlier posters I'll say, YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY! No shirtless Jacen! :D 8-} Really, Val, don't rush the shirtless Jacen stuff on my account! ;)

I wonder what would happen if I asked Val for some shirtless Danni stuff in her other story? Hmmmmmmm... *rubs chin thoughtfully*
    Well, I don't think I'm gonna risk asking for that! ;)

20. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post, Val. :D

Keep up the good work. And update your Danni story! NOW!! ;)

21. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY! No shirtless Jacen! Really, Val, don't rush the shirtless Jacen stuff on my account!

I wonder what would happen if I asked Val for some shirtless Danni stuff in her other story?

[face_laugh] Danny, you're a hoot! And hey, what about that Kyp/Danni story? She was kind of shirtless-- in fact, he even ripped it off of her! What more could you possibly want, my friend????? ;)

Whitey, I'm right with you on missing Buffy already. I don't know what I'm going to do without Spike on Tuesday nights!! Argh!!!

And thanks everyone for the kind comments. I'm trying hard to make the development of their relationship believable, so by the things you're all saying maybe I'm accomplishing a little of what I had hoped for. :)

22. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Great job Val. I always did like confused teens.

OWLC

23. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Val: Danny, you're a hoot!

[face_blush] Aw shucks, Val, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me a long time!

And hey, what about that Kyp/Danni story?

Heh heh, yeah I didn't forget about that. That's my favorite scene from any of your stories! (Just kidding! ;) Well, maybe... [face_devil] )

Danni gasped when she realized what he had done and modestly clutched the front of the garment to her chest... With one hand carefully holding the remains of her top in place and the other holding their only light source, Danni headed for the tiny refresher leaving Kyp completely in the dark.

I like that scene not only because of the shirtless Danni part, but also because I always feel like girls leave me completely in the dark, so I can relate to Kyp there. ;)

And that's from Val's fun Kyp/Danni fic "Deluge" which you should read, if ya haven't already! ;)

Oh, and there is also a part with Kyp shirtless in there, so don't worry. It's an equal opportunity shirtlessness story. ;)

EDIT: I just realized how much I used that winking face in this post. I hardly ever wink in real life! Honest!

24. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    And sorry, but no shirtless Jacen this time, but rest assured, at some point in this story he will indeed be sharing his gloriously fine-tuned pectorals with us once again. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_love]

Great post! I love the developments!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

25. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Hi Val,

I love how this story is going. How much time after SBS does this story take place? Because I think in Refugee Tahiri is 17. Anyway, good job! Hope you write more soon! ;)

Hoya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.