main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*You Get Me*~- - now COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Yea a post! :D hehe, at last Tahiri has realized how good looking Jacen is, how she could miss such a yummy looking guy for so long I don't know......:p

Have fun on your summer break. :)

2. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    aww so cute! I bettcha that was anakin's voice! Anit I a smart one 8-}

EJ

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    and the romance continues...well, the angst anyway ;)

~aeryn

4. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *eyes nearly pop out of head*

WOW!! Great post! Can't wait for more!

When are we going to get more on the Jacen/Danni fic? You're the only person that makes me actually like Jacen/Danni, so that's why I was wondering.

~Rogue

5. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I just started reading this story, and it's great. Their relationship is so cute, and I like how you're building up the romance very slowly, and basing it on friendship. It makes it that much more real and solid. :)

I like the new post. :D Poor Tahiri--I can sympathize. And she's obviously in denial about her growing feelings for Jacen. It's so sweet. [face_love]

-duskwings

6. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    more please?

7. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Man Anakin is awful insistent that Jacen take her. You would think something like death would mellow the kid out some.

Great post Val and update on "A Past Unknown"

OWLC

8. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Woo! Nice post! Good job! :D

9. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks guys! :) And yes, I know it may seem like it's taking a long time for things to develop, but just stick with me! ;)

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    [waits patiently for the next post]

~aeryn

11. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Another post... another building block to the temple of romance that is Jacen and Tahiri. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?What is this place?? Tahiri asked apprehensively as she surveyed the myriad tents and protable shelters constructed as far as the eye could see. Jacen watched the expression on her face and could feel her hesitancy pulsating in the Force.

?It?s a refugee camp,? he explained. ?One of several here on Mon Calamari. Unfortunately, there are thousands more like it across the galaxy. So many people have been displaced throughout the war, forced to leave their homes, their way of life, and- in many cases- their families. This camp may not look like much, but to all of these people it?s the only hope they have right now.?

Tahiri looked to her left and saw a gathering of disheveled humans seated in a circle in front of a tent, a cook fire in their midst burning steadily. To her right she saw a similar scene, only these people were a race she could not identify. All around her, people from all walks of life were engaged in the tasks of everyday survival, some young, some old, some in between. It was a sobering experience and she instantly felt guilty for wasting so much time wallowing in her own self-pity while all of these people were just trying to survive another day.

?Ah, you must be Jacen Solo. I can see your father in you.?

Tahiri halted her observations of the camp and turned her attention to the person who had just greeted them. It was a female Mon Cal, shorter than both she and Jacen, her rubbery skin a beautiful shade of coral and violet. She thrust her hand toward Jacen in a welcome, and he shook it warmly.

?I am Tanghal. Your mother told me you would be coming.?

?You know my mother?? Jacen asked, sincerely interested in her story. He was forever finding out new things about his parents?most of it not too terribly disturbing.

?Yes,? Tanghal said with a blink of her large, bulbous eyes and a hint of amusement in her gravelly voice. ?I worked in the Senate back before she was made Chief of State. Mon Mothma was still in charge then.?

?You said I looked like my father. You know him as well?? Jacen inquired.

What passed for a chuckle wiggled the tendrils on Tanghal?s chin. ?Yes. I don?t think Han Solo is a man easily forgotten. I was on Coruscant when he kidnapped Leia to keep her from marrying that Hapan prince. It caused quite the scandal, you know.?

?My father, cause a scandal? Surely you jest,? Jacen replied with a feigned look of disbelief. ?Remind me to ask you about that later. It would be interesting to hear an objective version of that story.? He glanced at Tahiri and cast her a quick wink, causing her stomach to do a strange little flip. ?But, I?m afraid that is not why we are here today, Tanghal.? He moved closer to Tahiri and placed a reassuring hand on her back. ?Allow me to introduce my good friend, Tahiri Veila. She and I are here to assist you in any way we can.?

Tahiri didn?t even pay attention as she greeted the Mon Cal and shook her hand. She was too busy replaying Jacen?s voice over and over in her mind.

Friend. My good friend, he had said to be exact. She smiled at the warmth those simple words intoned and admitted to herself that she liked being Jacen?s friend? very much. Right now a friend was exactly what she needed in her life.

Tanghal, who was apparently in charge of the camp?s operations, continued to chat with Jacen as Tahiri tagged along behind. She showed him the headquarters building, the medical tent, and other important locations he might need to know and also introduced him to the heads of the various work teams. Finally, Tanghal finished her introductions and left to pursue her other duties.

Jacen took a deep breath and then turned to face Tahiri. ?So, where do you want to start??

Tahiri stumbled over her words. While she should have been listening to Tanghal?s explanation of the camp?s needs, she had been thinking about her newfound friendship wi

12. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Woo! :D Good postie, val!

13. Dria_Klivian

Dria_Klivian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2003
    :D

Great post!

I like you have characterized Jacen!

TTFN

Dria

14. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Great post val. Something is afoot with Tahiri i think.

OWLC

Oh and I updated A Past Unknown.

OWLC

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Yes, Tahiri admitted, she was ready to heal.

Yay, Tahiri's ready to heal :D I think there's some Jacen/Tahiri lovin' comin' soon :D

~aeryn

16. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Woohoo! :D

Great post, Val.

17. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    He glanced at Tahiri and cast her a quick wink, causing her stomach to do a strange little flip.
    Aww . . . she's in love . . . or at least incredibly attracted. ;)

Great post! :D

-duskwings

18. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Katarn, Whitey, and duskwings-- Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Aeryn-- Gotta have the lovin'! ;) I'm just trying to get to that point... you know, filling in all of the necessary steps in between.

OWLC-- Of course something is afoot with our dear girl. (Maybe if she put on some shoes... ) :D And I caught up on your story, too. :)

Dria-- Thanks for the compliment about Jacen's characterization. :D That means a lot because I've been struggling with how to write him for quite a while.

And just so you know, I'm working on the next post right now!

19. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Stupid double post!!!

20. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Yay! Another post completed. Am I on a roll or what?! Now if I could just get that other fic finished!

Enjoy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day flew by quickly from that point on. After starting out distributing food around the camp, Jacen and Tahiri moved on to help the construction crew build additional shelters and then ended up in the medical tent to finish out the day.

?I don?t know how you managed to hammer your finger, Tahiri,? Jacen declared with a shake of his head. ?You?d been working like wildfire up until then.?

Yeah, she thought. Up until Jacen had gotten too hot and felt the need to pull off his shirt. Her mouth immediately went dry as the image of him standing bare-chested on top of that roof, sunlight glinting off of his well-muscled back popped back into her mind. Pounding her finger was the least of her problems. If not for a quick save by the Force, she would have fallen off the roof, too!

?Um, I don?t know what happened either. Just got a little tired, I suppose,? she replied, watching as he tenderly bandaged her with the gentleness she had come to expect and enjoy.

?Well, there you go!? he finally exclaimed as he took a step back and admired his handiwork. ?I don?t think I?ll give any real doctors or nurses a run for their money, but it?ll do. So, are you ready to go home??

He offered her a hand up from the cot and pulled her to her feet. ?Looks like you got some sun today,? he added as he lightly tapped her sunburned nose with his strong finger.

?Ow!? she said wrinkling up her nose. ?I?m going to pay for this tomorrow.?

Jacen smiled and then turned to put the first aid supplies back in their proper place. ?You?ve been great today, Tahiri. A lot of girls would have balked at having their first date be a heavy work detail, but you worked harder than most of the men, and I didn?t hear you complain once.?

Date? Did he say ?date?? she wondered. Calm down, Tahiri. You?re reading too much into things.

?But then, you did happen to get a few strange looks when that Vong curse slipped out,? he laughed. ?Luckily, I was the only person who knew what it meant. Those construction guys would have blushed if they knew what you were really saying.?

Tahiri turned red and looked at the floor. ?Sorry about that.?

?Don?t be. I?m sure when that hammer made contact with your finger, more than that one curse went through your head.?

Tahiri smiled, enjoying Jacen?s light-hearted teasing. He somehow knew just how to put her at ease.

?Let?s go,? he said offering her his arm. ?And I hope you can make it home without hurling in my lap!?

With a tiny gasp if indignation, Tahiri punched him playfully in the arm not at all surprised by the hardness of his muscle.

?Ouch!? he yelled. ?Guess I deserved that.?

?Yes, you did,? Tahiri stated firmly before looping her arm back through his. ?And I promise not to puke in your lap.? He glanced down into her face and for just a second their gazes connected and something flashed between them. Jacen quickly looked away a bit shaken by what he saw in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their walk back to the water speeder seemed to take forever. Jacen could feel the awkwardness between them, but had no idea how to alleviate it. So he kept quiet. The thoughts wreaking havoc in his mind kept him busy enough.

He should be happy. Bringing Tahiri to the refugee camp had had the exact outcome he?d been hoping for. She?d been too busy helping others to worry about her own sadness, and he had to admit that he had enjoyed watching her today. She wasn?t afraid of hard work, of doing what had to be done. And when she turned those amazing green eyes on him and smiled her gorgeous smile with that little dimple on the side, he felt a little weak in the knees.

He forced those feelings back into their hiding place in his heart. She was just a friend in need? his dead brother?s girlfriend. Of course, she was beautiful. The Solo men had great taste in women, but he didn?t fee

21. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    That was such a cute post--they really are adorable. The hints of their growing love are so obvious, and so . . . well, I hate to have a one-word vocabulary, but they're cute! [face_love]

I wonder why Anakin is so bent on getting Jacen and Tahiri together . . . you'd think he'd be jealous. Strange. It wasn't so strange in the books, but with the added "Take her," it makes me wonder all the more why Anakin is so enthusiastically trying to get his girlfriend and his brother to kiss. Hmm . . .

Anyways, great post!

-duskwings

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can spell. 8-}

22. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Well, duskwings, those are some great observations you made. :) Not to rain on anyone's parade, but let's face it... Anakin is gone. (ducks out of the way) Well, he is! And instead of being jealous, he realizes that Jacen is what's best for her.

Or maybe I have another dastardly reason!!! [face_devil]

23. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    let's face it... Anakin is gone.

Thanks for reminding me. :mad: [face_plain] :( :_| DAMN YOU DEL REY!!!

That was a great post Val. Dare I say cute?

24. Dria_Klivian

Dria_Klivian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2003
    Awesome post Val!

:D

As for Anakin - if he can't be there, he wants to make sure Tahiri is taken care of by the best guy he knows ( aka Jacen) very noble of anakin
    but also ouch!

don't know if i could do the same thing.....

TTFN

Dria

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Yeah, she thought. Up until Jacen had gotten too hot and felt the need to pull off his shirt. Her mouth immediately went dry as the image of him standing bare-chested on top of that roof, sunlight glinting off of his well-muscled back popped back into her mind.

Love your reason Val for Tahiri almost hammering her finger :D

Of course, she was beautiful. The Solo men had great taste in women, but he didn?t feel he had the right to look at her in that way. But the more time he spent with her, the harder it was to distance himself from such thoughts.

So, does this mean we can expect a first kiss in the next chapter?

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.