main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*You Get Me*~- - now COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Shirtless Jacen...*swoons*

~Rogue

2. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Whew, I just got done reading all the new posts. Yay for Val being off for the summer! :)

Very nice posts, Val. I'll echo everyone's comments that you are doing a really good job developing their relationship. (I'll also echo the comments of everyone who wants you to update your Jacen/Danni story ;) )

And one final thing... you had Jacen TAKE HIS SHIRT OFF????!! [face_shocked] You promised you wouldn't do that!

Er, wait no...you promised that you would do it.

Well, I'm sure there won't be any more scenes like that, right? ;)

3. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Danny--I was wondering how long it would take you to get here and comment on 'shirtless Jacen'! LOL! [face_laugh] I couldn't resist. Now that I know it'll get a reaction out of you, I may have to have Jacen shirtless as often as possible. ;) I'm sure the girls won't mind, will you, girls??? :D

4. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm more a shirtless Jag fan, but I'd always pictured Jacen to be really hott too when he was more older and mature.

~aeryn

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Great postie!

Up until Jacen had gotten too hot and felt the need to pull off his shirt. Her mouth immediately went dry as the image of him standing bare-chested on top of that roof, sunlight glinting off of his well-muscled back popped back into her mind. Pounding her finger was the least of her problems. If not for a quick save by the Force, she would have fallen off the roof, too! Exactly my reaction! [face_love]

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but let's face it... Anakin is gone. (ducks out of the way) Well, he is! And instead of being jealous, he realizes that Jacen is what's best for her. I agree, and that's a good way of summing it up!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

6. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Yeah, she thought. Up until Jacen had gotten too hot and felt the need to pull off his shirt. Her mouth immediately went dry as the image of him standing bare-chested on top of that roof, sunlight glinting off of his well-muscled back popped back into her mind. Pounding her finger was the least of her problems. If not for a quick save by the Force, she would have fallen off the roof, too!

Shirtless Jacen....[face_love] (sighs) Yummmy! :D (mops up drool from the floor) Tahiri is a lucky lucky girl...:p

Great post, they are soooo sweet, will they finnaly kiss in the next chapter? :D

Loved the bit about Tahiri's curse embarressing the builders if they knew what it meant, that was soooo funny.
    More soon?

7. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks, girls! I'm glad you enjoyed the shirtless Jacen bit and the curse. :) They were just as fun to write for me! ;)

More coming soon... I hope.

8. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Awww.....so sweet!! [face_love] It's great to see these two coming together. The stepping stones in their relationship are so subtle but so wonderful. Great job Val!!

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up :D

~aeryn

10. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Hi, all! Hopefully, some of you are still around to read this. Yikes! I know it's been a while. I've been dealing with a bored four year old and then a new puppy. Ah, the domestic life... ;)

Anyway, enjoy this next little postie!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tahiri?s life settled into a new routine over the next few weeks and she liked it. After a reduced morning workout, she would meet Jacen at the dock and they put in a full day?s work at the refugee camp. In the evenings they might get a quick bite to eat before she left to study at the library.

By now, she had performed just about every duty possible in the camp, but found that her favorite was delivering food and supplies to the elderly refugees unable to do much for themselves. This surprised her. Never in her wildest dreams could she have imagined the joy and satisfaction chatting with these more ?experienced? people would bring her.

During her first days in the camp, Tahiri had mostly kept to herself, not talking or mingling with anyone except Jacen. Force knew he was doing enough of that for the both of them! He talked, comforted, and laughed with nearly every person he met. The more time she spent with Jacen the more she liked his personality. Another surprise. Several years ago she had pictured him as a sullen, spoiled brat who thought too much and cared only about himself. But now, as she watched him move and work in the camp, she saw a Jacen who was so open and warm to everyone he came in contact with.

That part of him reminded Tahiri of his Uncle Luke who was also very unassuming and accepting of others. Other times, such as when he mediated disagreements between quarreling refugees, he reminded her of his mother, ever the diplomat. And then there were those rare instances when she could swear he was Han Solo incarnate. Not only was Jacen built like his father physically, but she was coming to find he had a witty sense of humor and a penchant for teasing. And when he winked at her and flashed that grin that had been transplanted right from Han?s face to his, Tahiri couldn?t help but love being with him.

However, that wasn?t a feeling she was comfortable with.

Along with the happiness that came from being friends with Jacen and working with the refugees came guilt?guilt for living life and liking it while Anakin would never again have that opportunity. Should she be enjoying life so much? She didn?t have that answer, and so confusion was taking root in her soul.

?Something interesting out there??

The question jarred Tahiri out of her inner reflection and she turned to look at the old woman lying on the small cot across from her. Glancing back outside of the open tent flap, she noticed, with a bit of disappointment, that Jacen had moved out of her line of sight.

?I?m sorry, E?marta,? Tahiri apologized and scooted her chair closer to the bedside. ?My mind drifts off like that sometimes.?

The old woman smiled. ?Mine would too if I had something that handsome to ?drift? off to.?

Tahiri blushed and realized E?marta had known exactly what she?d been staring at. She quickly tried to change the subject. ?I don?t know what you?re talking about. Here, let me get you a glass of water.? The young Jedi rose and moved to get a drink for her new friend feeling the woman?s gaze locked on her the whole time. When she returned to the bed with a glass, E?marta took it into her gnarled hands and sipped slowly, never taking her eyes from Tahiri.

?These old eyes might be failing me, but I can still ?see? something as obvious as you and that young man out there.? Tahiri started to object, but E?marta cut her off. ?I was young once, you know. And believe it or not, I know a little about romance.? The old woman had leaned forward and whispered her last line in a conspiratorial whisper before offering a quick wink.

Tahiri shook her head and settled back into her chair. ?There is no romance, E?marta. Jacen and I are just friends. That?s it.?

?Friends, eh? Well, now, that?s

11. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    MORE PLEASE MORE!!!!!!!!!!(pleeding face)

12. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    [face_laugh] Ahh, E'marta. Flirting with a man probably sixty years younger than her. She's hilarious. I love her. She's such a great matchmaker. ;)

Great post! :D

-duskwings

13. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *loves E'marta*

She sounds like my great grandmother...hilaroius!!!

~Rogue

14. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Great post. :)

15. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    That was great, val solo.
    E'marta was :cool:. She certainly gave Tahiri some food for thought, huh.

16. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    nothing like an old person to help things move along. :)

OWLC

17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    And when he winked at her and flashed that grin that had been transplanted right from Han?s face to his, Tahiri couldn?t help but love being with him.

Ah-Ha! The truth comes out :D

?I prettied myself up for you, you scoundrel you! If I could get up from this bed, I?d chase you until you caught me,? E?marta declared with a twinkle in her eye.

Jacen?s brow raised and a sly grin tilted the corner of his mouth. ?Well, I?m sure it would be well worth the effort, my lady.?

Love E?marta's character. She's a cool old woman who knows her stuff :D

~aeryn

18. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm glad you guys liked E'marta. :) She was fun to write, and I felt Tahiri desperately needed a female influence that wasn't a Solo or a Skywalker. :D

19. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Oh that was a [face_love] SWEET [face_love] chapter ^_^ When is Tahiri going to admit it!!?? 8-}

More soon?

EJ

20. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh, wow, val, you're amazing! Tahiri fighting against what she's feeling is totally believable...E'marta's a riot...Jacen's adorable [face_love] [face_love] ...this is just too cute!

I've been dealing with a bored four year old and then a new puppy. Ah, the domestic life... Sounds like fun. ;) [face_laugh]

Is it too soon to ask for more?

21. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Great post! Loved how the the refugee woman was able to give Tahiri some good advice about moving on. I loved how she flirted with Jacen. And Jacen was so charming, who knew he had that hidden Han Solo in him. Good job and write more soon. ;)

Hoya

22. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    E'marta was hilarious. [face_laugh]

Great post, Val.

23. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    That was really good, Val! E'marta was a lot of fun, and so was Jacen (nice that he kept his shirt on, too) . Great job! :)

Hi, all! Hopefully, some of you are still around to read this. Yikes! I know it's been a while. I've been dealing with a bored four year old and then a new puppy

Don't worry, Val, your readers will always stick around! We are way too addicted to go anywhere! ;)

And a new puppy! Awwwwwwww...

24. JediDannySkywalker

JediDannySkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    I like it!
    ?Sorry!? Tahiri offered while she wrinkled up her nose. ?You could always use the Force,? she suggested teasingly.

?Don?t think I?m not tempted,? Luke answered as he wiped off the mess.
    Lol, I love that part.

I want more to this story! I want them to fall in love! Well....hmm..how old are they in this, do you think? Aren't they a lot of a years apart? [face_plain] Lol, oh well, it is fan fiction after all, right? Good job, keep writing about these two! :-D

Oh wait....I just realized something stupid. I read up to the part where Jacen wanted to go around following Tahiri and she said something about sweating....not realizing that you had posted more to this story, lol, my bad!

~Danielle Skywalker

25. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    I like this, its kind of different from the normal Tahiri - Jacen fics; they don't just get together right away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.