main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*You Get Me*~- - now COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks, everyone for your encouraging comments! I'm glad you're enjoying the slow progression of their relationship and I hope what's coming up fairly soon won't upset you too much. [face_devil]

2. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    and I hope what's coming up fairly soon won't upset you too much

It's not more shirtless Jacen stuff, is it...?

8-}

3. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
  4. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I miss this fic, Val.

~aeryn

5. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Val, don't forget your J/D fic. *hint hint*

6. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Its funny how a 70 year-old can flirt with Jacen, but Tahiri can't! :D This is a really sweet story; keep it up!

7. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Hey, all! Hope your summer is going well--or your winter for those mates 'down under'! ;) Sorry for the delay in posting. I've been trying to entertain a four year old and housebreak a new puppy. Sheesh! I need a vacation! Anyway, here's a little tidbit!

Enjoy! :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacen dropped Tahiri off at her room so she could shower before dinner with his family. After putting in a full day?s work at Camp Hope, as the refugees now called it, she was desperate to wash the sweat and grime off of her tired body. As she dried herself off and slipped into clean clothes, her mind began to ponder the recent changes in her life. Working at the camp had given her a new purpose, a new direction to travel in life, and she had Jacen to thank for that. She actually felt alive again, like she had something to offer the universe and that she wanted what it had to offer in return.

Smiling was becoming a rediscovered habit, especially when she was around E?marta. It may have seemed strange to someone else, but Tahiri rather admired the old woman. Her resolve and strength to keep on enjoying life despite its hardships were an example the young Jedi had determined to follow. The woman had lost nearly everyone she?d ever cared about and still maintained a positive outlook on life. Tahiri had also lost some of those close to her, had shared some of that grief with E?marta who was quick to give her heartfelt advice.

?There will be plenty of sorrow in this life, child,? the old woman said. ?You?ll most likely lose many precious friends by the time you reach my age, but one thing I?ve learned is that when one goes away, he?ll be replaced with another, often better than the first. You just need to make sure your eyes are open so you can recognize him when he shows up.?

E?marta?s words still resonated in Tahiri?s mind days later, and, as she brushed out her hair in front of the mirror, she wondered if Anakin?s ?replacement??so to speak?was closer than she realized. Jacen had been the first thing to pop into Tahiri?s mind when E?marta had shared her words of wisdom. Even now, she found herself periodically slipping into silent contemplation about him, often while in his company. A few times he had asked what she was thinking about to which she quickly responded with something silly like ?dinner?. Then he would laugh, and she would have to force herself not to stare at him.

It was becoming a little unnerving how attracted she was to him. Once or twice she?d even had the wild urge to jump on him, throw him down on the ground, and press her lips and entire body firmly against his. It was almost a primal, animalistic stirring that she fought fiercely to tamp down. Her only explanation was that it was somehow connected to her Vong self?that set of traits belonging to Riina Kwaad, not Tahiri Veila. But even so, the thought of making such a bold move did have its appeal and had kept her company on several long, restless nights.

Tahiri laughed out loud at her own ridiculousness. ?Oh, to see the look on Jacen Solo?s face if I ever dared!? she mused.

Instantly, the memory of her first kiss with Anakin flashed in her mind and the laughter ceased. A wet blanket of guilt wrapped around her heart and an uncomfortable lump lodged in her throat.

?How dare I think such thoughts!? she scolded herself. ?And about Anakin?s brother no less! What is wrong with me? I love Anakin.?

?But he?s gone,? a voice whispered in her mind. ?He?s gone and you?re still here?alive?so live.?

She frowned. This debate was getting old, and she was tiring of the confusion it left behind. So instead of continuing the argument, she finished her hair and headed for dinner with the Solos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?It?s really amazing the change in her,? Jacen explained while helping his mother set the table. His sister, Jaina, listened in from the kitchen as he continued to describe the progress of his l

8. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    [face_laugh] OK, so when Tahiri is thinking of Jacen, she says she's thinking about dinner, right? So Jacen = dinner . . . yum! Though I think the correct term is actually desert . . . ;)

Great post! :D

-duskwings

9. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Wow....

I agree with you, duskwings...Jacen does sound yummy.... :D

~Rogue

10. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    What a great update! Val Solo, I love how you've handled Jacen and Tahiri's romance. Most fics I've read just pushed them right into a relationship, while you took the time to make it grow and be worthwhile. Great job and I look forward to a new post soon.

~Fireyforce~

11. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehee. They're both thinking of the other. Too cute.

12. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Great insight into the blossoming Jacen/Tahiri relationship. :)

13. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks guys! :) And I hope to have more up later today. **keeps fingers crossed**

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Once or twice she?d even had the wild urge to jump on him, throw him down on the ground, and press her lips and entire body firmly against his. It was almost a primal, animalistic stirring that she fought fiercely to tamp down.

Very interesting first kiss visual :D

?Kid?? Jaina exclaimed. ?She?s not exactly a kid, Jacen?or hadn?t you noticed??
    She delighted in the blush that creeped across his face.

Jacen suddenly felt uncomfortable as he silently answered Jaina?s question in his mind. Sure he had noticed that Tahiri wasn?t a child anymore, but it made it so much less complicated if he could think of her that way. Far too frequently, he was catching himself watching her, admiring her beautiful smile, her twinkling eyes, her pleasing figure...

He was seriously attracted to Tahiri Veila.

I just wander at this pace, who will be the first to make the first move, Jacen or Tahiri...although, my bets are on Tahiri :D

~aeryn

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Dessert! That makes me think of...cake and kimonos and pink tutus!

*I will not start I will not start I will not start I will not start*

Anyways, that was an absolutely adorable post! Cute, cute, cute!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

16. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Oh great, JJD, you've done it now!

Hey val, long time, no read! I haven't really read much of your stuff since Getting Over It. I've read the first few posts and this is great!

17. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Did someone say 'cake'???? ;) I thought of that too, JJD.

And I don't know where that whole primal urge thing came from for Tahiri... it just happened while I was writing.

18. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post, Val. :D

But you called Jacen "Anakin's replacement"?! [face_shocked] Never say that! Anakin can't be "replaced." [face_shocked]

Cake? Where? *goes off looking for a Dairy Queen cake*

19. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Oooh, gotta love the sexual tension

20. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    ?Yeah, kid. Listen to your mother. She knows what she?s talking about,? Han interjected from his comfy seat in the other room.

Leia rolled her eyes. ?Well, it would have been nice if you would have listened to that bit of advice a few years ago?darling.?

I love the way you keep the relationship between Leia and Han going, even when the main focus of the story is on Jacen and Tahiri. Those two were definetly the best relationship George Lucas ever created, and I always love the little tidbits you throw in about them! Great job!

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up :D

~aeryn

22. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Hey, sorry I didn't respond earlier!

Another really great post, val! :) I can't wait to find out what happens next!

...As long as what happens next doesn't involve shirtless Jacen! ;)

23. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Good grief! Where has this summer gone?! I had so much writing planned, and then my computer decided not to cooperate. :( Anyway, thanks for all of your comments and enjoy this next little part.

P.S.--Danny, sorry to disappoint, but no shirtless Jacen this time. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Han Solo wasn?t a genius.

At least not by the usual standards, but it didn?t take a genius to see what was right in front of his face. He just wondered if anyone else saw it. Leia was busy worrying about dinner, Luke and Mara were fussing over Ben, and all of Jaina?s attention was solely on the dashing young Colonel Fel. Perhaps, Han thought, I?m the only one who?s noticing the sparks between Jacen and Tahiri. They obviously didn?t realize it themselves.

All evening long the two had tossed coversation back and forth easily between them like they?d been best friends all their lives. Jacen enjoyed the playful teasing from Tahiri and offered it back in stride. Their eyes twinkled as they shared stories of time spent with the refugees and private jokes only they two could understand. It was the most he?d heard Tahiri talk in years and biggest smile he?d ever seen on his son?s face. While he?d never imagined these two would be compatible, seeing them together in action left Han with no doubt.

Jacen was crazy about Tahiri and didn?t even know it.

It was time for a father-son talk.

?That was an excellent meal, Leia,? Tahiri exclaimed, smiling brightly as she rose to help clear the table.

?Thank you, Tahiri. I?m learning. You know the life of a diplomat doesn?t usually leave much time for cooking, but the older I get the more I appreciate the little things in life.?

The young Jedi followed Leia and Jaina into the kitchen, their arms full of dishes, and Han decided to take advantage of the opportunity.

?Hey, Jacen, want to join your old man out on the balcony??

The strange look on his father?s face told him that this was probably not something to miss, so he pushed back from his chair and followed Han outside leaving Jag with the Skywalkers.

Han strolled casually to the balcony railing and leaned on his elbows staring out into the humid Mon Calamari night. The scent of saltwater wafted under his nose and he breathed in deeply trying to gain the confidence he needed. Having these parent-child chats was something he?d never quite gotten the hang of, especially with Jacen. It seemed they had always been slightly at odds with one another.

Jacen joined him in staring out to sea waiting patiently for his father to speak.

?So, things are going well at the camp?? Han finally asked.

?Yeah, yeah they are. Thanks for asking,? Jacen replied appreciatively.

?Good, good,? Han added before pausing awkwardly again. ?And Tahiri seems to be doing better, talking more, smiling more.?

?Yeah, I think so, too. She?s really a neat--kid once you get to know her. I can see why Anakin liked her so much.?

Han had to keep from rolling his eyes when Jacen used the word ?kid? again. It was the same phrase he had used before dinner and seemed to be a practiced line, probably one he?d concocted to delude himself. Han had been there before, thinking that because a female was younger meant she wasn?t mature enough for the likes of him.

And now he was married to her.

?Well, it?s great of you to make sure she doesn?t get overlooked. With no other family she could have easily gotten lost in the cracks. Lucky for her you were around. She should be grateful.?

Han hoped his plan would work.

Jacen gazed at his father in disbelief not sure how to take Han?s words. ?She doesn?t have to thank me. I wanted to help her. It?s the least she deserves. In fact, it?s been my pleasure to spend time with her. Tahiri?s a great friend?a super?kid.?

Han couldn?t stifle a little chuckle, which garnered another confused expression from Jacen. ?Kid?? Han restated. ?Son, Tahiri may have been a kid a few years ago, but she?s not

24. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Those were all such great post, Tahiri and that old woman were so funny, like she didn't know Jacen was like, 80 years younger then her! :p

And I really like all the little Han and Leia moments you put in, so sweet. Han and Jacen finnaly talked, Tahiri has admitted to herself that she is attracted to Jacen, and now you end it right there! [face_shocked] what a place to stop a post! A cliffie! :( You better post some more really really soon! :D

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh my gunness, that was PERFECT! Han and Jacen were so cute! I liked Han's perceptiveness and the fact that though they never had much in common in the past, they seem to be opening up to each other.

Jacen was crazy about Tahiri and didn?t even know it. :D [face_love]

And I loved the end! You're setting us up for a whopper post, aren't you? ;)

Is it too soon to ask for more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.