main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*You Get Me*~- - now COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks for reading! :D

Yeah, I love E'marta, too. She's fun to write. The elderly feel no need to sugarcoat their words... they just tell it like it is. ;)

And hopefully I'll have the next part up soon.

2. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    YAY!!! I started reading this at FF.net then found it hear and have been lurking in and out. YOU FINALLY UPDATED IT!!!! YAY!!!! So good and I'm not a J/J fan so that's saying something. Very good. More soon?

Fireyforce

3. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    "Swimming Lessons" :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whenever Tahiri left from a visit with E?marta, she always seemed to feel better about her life---while still being totally confused. The woman was right. If Tahiri guarded her heart and did not let anyone in, then she would never have to worry about getting hurt. And Force knew she was tired of hurting. Tired of the pain. If the Force meant her to be alone, then maybe she should just accept it now while she was young and quit banging her head against a wall hoping for any thing more out of life.

As she stepped out of E?marta?s tent, she stopped dead in her tracks.

?Jacen?!?

?Hey,? he said, casually running his hand through his hair again. It was, she noticed, becoming a very attractive, nervous habit for him.

?What are you doing here?? she asked, still trying to recover from her shock at seeing him so unexpectedly.

?Looking for you,? he answered. ?We had plans to go swimming with Jaina and Jag. Did you forget??

?I?I,? Tahiri stammered, not knowing how to respond. ?No, I?I didn?t forget. I just?I just had some things to do here,? she said motioning back to E?marta?s tent.

Jacen stepped around her and peeked inside to find the old woman softly snoring in her bed. He chuckled. ?She?s out cold for a while,? he announced. Then he turned to look at Tahiri. ?I guess you?re all finished here now, right? Jaina and Jag are waiting right out front. Let?s go,? he said as he took her hand and started walking.

He did not get very far. She refused to budge. ?What?what are you doing?? he asked quizzically. ?Don?t you want to go? I thought you wanted to learn how to swim.?

She pulled her hand out of his and stood glaring at him, her fists clenched at her sides. What made him think she would do whatever he wanted her to do? Who did he think she was to boss around? Here he had shown up after being gone for so long, butted into her life, made her care about him and now--- now---she was pathetic.

?I don?t have a suit,? she declared weakly, thinking that might work and get him out of her hair, but doubting it the moment it slipped from her lips.

He grinned that Solo grin and his dark brown eyes twinkled. ?Well, you don?t really need one necessarily.? Her mouth fell wide open and he bit back a laugh. ?But, I think Jaina has an extra one in the speeder if you really feel the need to wear one.? He held out his hand again and softly pleaded. ?Please come. I need you with me so that I don?t have to watch those two slobber all over each other all day. It?s kind of creepy to see your sister in love,? he added with a shudder.

Tahiri silently contemplated his offer. Had he said ?need???that he ?needed? her? She glanced down at his offered hand and back up into his handsome face, and then something inside her melted. She should turn tail and run right this very instant to get as far away as possible from this man. That?s what her head was telling her. ?Play it smart, girl. Don?t get involved. Break it off now!? Unfortunately, her heart and a few other parts of her body were already grasping for any contact at all with him.

She placed her hand in his and could not help but smile as he gave it a warm squeeze and said, ?Good. I like having you with me.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?I have a bad feeling about this,? Tahiri declared in a near whisper as she gazed out over the large lake. When they had first arrived, she had become speechless at the sight of its beauty--- sparkling, turquoise blue water, luscious vegetation surrounding them behind a strip of blindingly white, terribly soft sand. Their blankets and towels were set up, along with a picnic lunch for later, and the sun was dazzlingly bright, so much so that it reminded her of Tatooine.

Except for the water. And that?s why she suddenly felt uneasy.

?Don?t worry,? Jacen said as he walked up behind her placing a large hand on her shoulder. ?By the end of the afternoon,

4. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    8-} :) [face_devil] :D [face_love] :* [face_devil] Yeah.

;)

Is it too soon to ask for more?

6. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Swift_Wrath_SAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    Well the way it should have gone is....

Tahiri should have [face_batting] then Jacen would have :D and =P~ then :* Tahiri. Then Tahiri would have [face_blush] then :* Jacen again. Then Jaina and Jag would have been :confused: and :eek: and [face_sick] . Then they would leave along with TK.

Thats my take. :p

7. bladex2

bladex2 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm not used to reading about Jacen/Tahiri..but thats good!..uppers! :D

8. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    LOL, that was great! I may not be a J/J fan, but I'm still finding this enjoyable. Oblivious Jaina *slaps forehead* good going girl! lol, more soon???

Fireyforce

9. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Swift Wrath SAB, that is hysterically clever! Aren't the faces too much fun? I agree, that's definitley the way it should have been. ;)

10. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL! [face_laugh] Maybe I'll just let you guys take over. That little bit of retelling was a hoot!

Anyway, thanks for reading. It's an honor to have you take the time to share my story. And never fear!-- the next part is nearly complete and the end is in sight. :D

11. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Here is the rest of their day of fun in the sun. Now anyone who knows me (or has read my K/J stuff) knows that I much prefer Kyp with Jaina. But for this story, Jag seemed to fit in better with Jaina. Sorry to my fellow K/J'ers! :_| But Kyp will make a cameo soon. Just for fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacen was right.

In no time at all, Tahiri was practically swimming laps around him. Of course, he had to tease her a bit first?pretend he had lost hold of her in the deep part, for example, just to hear her scream and hold on tight. He seemed to be enjoying it a little too much, and if she did not know any better, she would swear he was doing it just to have her jump back into his arms. But she refused to think about that possibility, so she tamped that blossom of hope back down deep inside where it couldn?t cause her any trouble. For now, she just wanted to enjoy herself.

Tahiri got out of the water and walked over to where Jaina was sunning herself on a blanket. She plopped down right next to Jaina and sighed.

?This place is absolutely beautiful,? she said wistfully, drinking in the splendor of her surroundings.

?It is, isn?t it?? Jaina replied. ?Jacen came here a couple of times with Danni Quee when he first got back.?

Tahiri?s heart nearly stopped and she glanced over inconspicuously to make sure Jaina?s eyes were still closed. She did not want Jaina to know how surprised she was to find out Jacen had spent time with Danni.

Jaina continued without opening her eyes. ?He was right. This is a very romantic spot.? She chuckled to herself. ?I wonder if he tried to make a move on Danni when they were here.?

The despair was starting to mount. ?A move? On Danni?? Tahiri said nervously, trying not to reveal her interest.

?Oh, yeah. Jace had a crush on her from the minute he rescued her from the Vong. She was all he talked about for about three months after, but he hasn?t really talked about her for a while, though.? Another giggle. ?Maybe she rejected him again.?

?Again?? Tahiri could not keep from asking more questions even though a piece of her seemed to break with each answer.

Jaina shielded her eyes with a hand and gazed over at her companion. ?Back when they first met, he expressed his feelings for her. Of course, he was only sixteen to her twenty-one, so she gave him the whole ?let?s-be-friends? speech. He acted like it was no big deal, but I know how upset he really was.?

The knowledge that a woman as sophisticated, intelligent, and beautiful as Danni Quee could possibly be Tahiri?s competition was a heavy blow to her already shoddy self-esteem. However, knowing that at least several years ago Danni had not returned Jacen?s affections was a small, guilty relief. Surely Danni would want someone her own age. Wouldn?t she?

?Now, Tenel Ka--- that?s a whole different story,? Jaina suddenly declared, sending Tahiri spiraling back into her pit of despair. ?Jace?s been crazy about her for so long?since we were kids back at the academy. He was always trying to get her to notice him, to laugh at all of his stupid jokes, but she always resisted, even though I know she liked him. In fact, during the mission to Myrkr, it seemed like they were finally going to get together, but then--- well, you know how that turned out,? Jaina trailed off.

Tahiri pondered silently. She remembered Anakin mentioning Jacen?s crush on the red-haired Hapan princess, even remembered seeing them together on Yavin 4 a few times. However, back then she had been so young herself, and too wrapped up in Anakin to really pay Jacen and his love life much mind.

?You know that old saying ?opposites attract??? Jaina asked and Tahiri nodded. ?Well, that?s how it is for Jace and Tenel Ka. They?re both so different, kind of like Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara. Maybe after all of this time, Jace and Tenel Ka are finally going to make a go of it. I hope so. He deserves a little happiness, don?t you think??

Tahiri could not speak, but forced a weak s

12. ruffem

ruffem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Man! Jaina is either realllyyy evil, or realllyyy stupid....
    Interesting post...Someone needs to hit Tahiri over the head though. Write More!!!

13. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    Ok, Leia needs to learn timing a bit better, Jacen just needs to kiss the girl, and Jag and Jaina need to get a room. :p It was a great post. I hope that Tenel isn't too upset when Jacen kisses Tahiri.

Fireyforce

14. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Apr 2, 2004
    Will someone please smack Jaina? PLEASE? And Tenel, and Danni? Is that to much to ask? IS IT?

*wanders off yelling*

15. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Sorry about pain-in-the-butt Jaina. Her big mouth is necessary to this fic, and she's got one more dastardly duty to perform before this fic is over.

Next up--- arrival of the Hapan Queen (who is in need of something only Jacen can provide. ;) )

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    You're enjoying torturing us, aren't you? ;)

The suspense is killing me! These two need to sit down for a long, uninterrupted talk to let the other know what they're thinking, because at this rate, they're never gonna end up together, cuz they're completely clueless about each other!

*deep breath* Alright, I'm okay, really. And I love this fic! And I'm even going to be patient about them finally getting with it because that will make it last longer! ;)

17. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    JJD- Do you think I would actually enjoy torturing you? You must be mistaking me for someone else--- Eld maybe??? ;) I think he likes that kind of stuff, if I remember correctly. LOL!

And Swift Wrath-- I agree. They all need to be smacked-- repeatedly.... and hard. [face_devil] And lookie who's here!-- It's the Hapan queen herself..... [face_mischief]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ride home was a mere blur to Tahiri. Neither she nor Jacen spoke more than three words during the whole trip, mostly because Jaina talked enough for everyone. She was tremendously excited that Tenel Ka had arrived a whole day early and was oblivious that no one else seemed to be sharing her enthusiasm. Jag, never one to butt into anyone?s personal lives, kept his mouth shut even though he did notice the silent torture the two backseat passengers were going through. He had seen the way Jacen and Tahiri looked at each other and knew that they had both helped each other heal more than any doctor ever could. However, his darling Jaina had not a clue.

At the suggestion that they all return together to greet the Hapan visitors, Tahiri vehemently objected.

?No!? she declared loudly from the backseat. ?I?I couldn?t possibly meet a queen looking like this,? she added in explanation. ?Just drop me off at my place. I?ll be fine, really. I?ve been needing a night all to myself.?

?Are you sure, Tahiri?? Jaina asked, turning around in her seat to look at the younger girl. ?I know Tenel Ka would love to see you. And Jacen would love to have you there, wouldn?t you, Jace??

Jacen?s head jerked up from its leaning against the window and he tried to hide his embarrassment. ?Um--- yeah. Of course I?d like you there,? he added lamely.

Tahiri raised one eyebrow in disbelief and looked away. ?No. I?d rather be home alone tonight.?

When they reached her building, she hastily exited the speeder before Jacen could even get out to walk her inside. Glancing back over her shoulder she called, ?Thanks for the swimming lessons, Jacen. See you guys later!? and then she was gone.

Jacen did not know what to think--- or feel, for that matter. Tahiri?s behavior had been erratic and frustrating, but he thought he understood why she might be so upset.

Tenel Ka.

Here-- early.

He sighed and tried to clear his mind so that he could focus on just what her arrival meant to him. Maybe she was simply here to pledge her system?s help in the war effort. However, something told him that this visit would be the determining factor in their relationship somehow, and the weight of that thought frightened him. For so long he had pursued her, knowing that she did not return those feelings and, in deed, could not because they had simply been too young before. But now--- now they were both adults. Young adults, but adults nonetheless. The stakes were suddenly much higher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leia was waiting impatiently for them at the official diplomatic hangar along with Cal Omas and a few other Galactic Alliance dignitaries. Han was standing beside her pulling at the collar of his too stiff dress shirt, and C3PO was nearby babbling on about proper Hapan etiquette. As they approached his parents, Jacen noticed a flash of anger in his father?s eyes at the mention of the word ?Hapan?. After all he and his family had suffered at the hands of the politically manipulative Hapans, Jacen knew Han thought there was no filthier word, but must have decided this time to keep his opinion to himself.

?Listen, Goldenrod,? Han explained through a clenched jaw, ?I think I?ve had enough experience with these people that I don?t need a metal head like you telling me how to behave!?

?Han, please!? Leia scolded. ?Oh, good! You?re here,? she exclaimed when she saw her children approaching, Jag in tow. Her smile instantly turned into a frown as she took in their beach attire. ?You?re not dressed,? she stated simply.

?Sorry, Mom,? Jaina apologized. ?We

18. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Apr 2, 2004
    HA! FIRST REPLY! FIRST REPLY! ITS GOOD!

*hauls Tenel to the ground and starts pounding her*

DIE TENEL DIE!

19. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Interesting developments... [face_devil]

No wonder Tahiri didn't want to be there! *smacks Jacen upside the head* Get with it, Solo!

I have absolutely loved the Han/Jacen interaction in this fic! Wonderful, wonderful!

Do you think I would actually enjoy torturing you? You must be mistaking me for someone else--- Eld maybe??? I think he likes that kind of stuff, if I remember correctly. LOL! Yeah, that sounds like him! ;)

20. ruffem

ruffem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Sweet holy bob! This story is good. I like it. However, I really want to hit Jaina for her stupidity, hit Tahiri for her stubborness, hit Jacen for his mixed up feelings, and send Tenel back to Hapes where she can think about universal takeover (HAHAHHAHAHHA!!) and not about "reaquainting" herself with Jacen. Yes, I am done.

WRITE MORE!

21. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Calm down now, Swift Wrath. Yikes! Cut the girl some slack. Even Hapan queens need some love! ;) But it doesn't necessarily mean she needs Jacen's.

JJD-- It's never to soon to ask for more!.... doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a post anytime soon, but nice try. :D j/k Anyway, I'm getting a real itch to do a new K/J fic set post NJO, so I'm fighting with myself to get this one finished first. I even found a pic of an actor who looks a lot like I'd imagine Kyp to look like for my story. Are people too tired of K/J stories, you think?

ruffem-- I agree with your observations and all will somehow work out by the end... or will it???? [face_devil] BTW, I saw in your bio that you like K/J and K/Danni stories. I've got a couple stories you might want to check out linked in my bio... if you're interested and have nothing else to do. ;)

Back to work!!!

22. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Val!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really glad to see you back here! :)

I was too busy to check out the new posts til now, but they were great as always. Great characterization, I really feel for both Jacen and Tahiri. Han was great too. And E'marta, and the whole swimming lessons part, and...well, let's just say it's all great!

And one more thing, as a friend, I'm asking you, if you have the time...pleeeeeease finish your Jacen/Danni story!

Don't mean to bug you about that, I just feel that good Jacen/Danni fic is a rare species, and I need to protect and encourage it.

23. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    Yay for another wonderful post. I somehow don't think that anyone has a blessed clue but Han in this story, maybe Jacen, for once Jag seems to have a clue. *sigh* poor kid. Oh well. Great post. More soon???

Fireyforce

24. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Apr 2, 2004
    *continues to beat Tenel (yes TENEL) across the head with a baseball bat*

DIE TENEL DIE!!!! YOU ARE NOT EVEN WORTHY OF YOU FULL NAME!!! DIE!

*drags a squirming Tenel out of the thread*

25. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    So violent, Swift Wrath... is there something you'd like to talk about? [face_thinking] LOL!

Danny!!!-- It's so great to hear from you! :D I have not been around much for quite some time, but once school let out I determined to get back to some writing. **hangs head in shame** And I will try to get to my J/D fic too at some point. I feel just awful about that. I guess I got kind of perturbed at how they ended up dealing with that whole relationship in the last few books and it bummed me out.

Fireyforce-- I'm glad you figured that out. No one had really commented on it yet. I wanted to give Han a chance to be the one in the know for once, and he's not finished yet! ;) I just love him... have I said that lately? [face_blush]

And Jaina, who is usually also a favorite of mine,has been rather clueless, I admit. But Jacen has also been keeping things from her on purpose, so don't be too hard on the poor girl. Plus, just blame it on Jag. [face_laugh] He's the cause of all things evil.

j/k.... or am I?????????????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.