main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON You guys are going to love this...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mert_Skywalker, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I just came back from the Silver City cinema at the Pen Centre, and my heart skipped a beat. Maybe it was the atmosophere, maybe it was who I was with, or maybe it was because they made a major mistake and advertised that Episode II was playing in March. lol If you don't believe me, you can check it out yourself. I just thought it's a little thing you'd guys like to know.

2. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    HEHEHE. I saw it too (obviously).
    The moment mitch saw it he was like "Nick's gonna freak!" It was quite funny.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm, where did they say this and how?

4. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Houston,....we have a problem....... [face_shocked]

5. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    Ok, what it was were two EP2 posters, and a Star Wars poster I've never seen before, then underneath it said:

March 2002.

It was in clear view and the posters had a painted border around them. I almost complained, but I decided to keep my cool (Well, I forgot).

6. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    No, Mitch, you're just a wimp :p

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well my assumption is that the March 2002 was a mistake from someone at the theatre. It wasn't actually printed on the poster was it? Just on a sticker below the poster?

The real question as far as I'm concerned is that if the theatre has posters up, is that a positive indication that they will be showing the movie and that we can advertise our line-up as taking place there?

Chris will be asking tomorrow.

8. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    It was a sticker underneath. And the posters for EP2 have been up there for a loooong time.

9. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    The sticker must just be part of the frame. According to Lucasfilm sources, the movie will premiere MAY 16TH. No earlier. That does pose a question of whether or not the theater has confirmed its showing of the movie. Maybe we are able to advertise the lineup soon.

10. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    It has to be a typo...
    I saw the poster when we went to see LOTR, but I can't remember if the date was under it.

Heather, the theater manager, would have said something Monday if she had known anything, but I'll check today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.