main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"You Haven't learned ANYTHING, Anakin."

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by lightsaver, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    i don't mind if this is deleted for it's...whateverness...but do any of you remember hearing this in the trailer for AOTC and thinking "oh man, this movie's going to be awesome."? I was really looking forward to Obi-Wan talking down to anakin like that...guess in the end GL decided that it wouldn't be a good thing on Obi's part.

andresfelix likes this.
  2. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    You know, I had forgotten all about that until now. :eek:

It must be from some deleted dialogue. Woulda been interesting to hear what it was about.

3. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Obi-Wan: Here. Next time try not to lose it. A Jedi's saber is his most precious possession...

Anakin: Yes, Master.

Obi-Wan: He must keep it with him at all times.

Anakin: I know, Master.

Obi-Wan: This weapon is your life.

Anakin: I've heard this lesson before...

Obi-Wan: But, you haven't learned anything, Anakin.

Anakin: I try, Master.

Obi-Wan: Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?!

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think they replaced it because Obi-Wan sounded a little too harsh. I like the dialogue they replaced it with, because it's more friendly and not so teacherly.

Xeltek, 1981-2005 - rest in peace @};-
    /LM

5. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I have to agree with Lars_Muul. The line is a bit harsh for Obi Wan. He's firm with Anakin, but not mean. That line almost implies a resentment toward his student, and it would seem quite inappropriate given Anakin's sincere "I am trying" line. He's just a kid, after all, and being fairly young himself, Obi Wan understands the difficulties of that age.

6. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Bit harsh, but good.

7. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    It may have been good, but I hold that it would have been out of place for Obi Wan to say it. By now he should know that Anakin can be very sensitive and overreactive to sharp criticism. Throwing out a line of such critical magnitude wouldn't have been appropriate given Anakin's sincere attempt to behave as Obi Wan commanded. If it was a more intense sequence, it would make sense, but as Anakin was doing the right thing - just the wrong way - it would be wrong to say something of that nature.

8. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    The new version is, in my opinion, better. The other way sounds way too harsh for two people who are supposed to be best buddies in the next film.

9. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Either that scene was solely meant for the trailer teaser, or it was taken out because Obi-Wan had disciplined Anakin enough in the movie anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.