main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You know, Han Solo really is a jerk

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by VadersLaMent, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Guys don't talk about our feelings, VadersLaMent. So it's not just the Falcon, but Lando, but he says the Falcon. Plus, the Falcon is an extension of Han Solo, in his mind anyway. So lending Lando the Falcon is like giving Lando a kidney.

Psychoanalysis aside, the Falcon is safer in Lando's hands than aboard the Home One. One blast from the superlaser is all it takes...

2. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004

Well if you put it like that, one blast from the superlaser is also enough to take out the Falcon. ;)

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    But the Falcon by itself is less likely to be a target of the superlaser. :p

4. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    I know, but I just couldn't resist the temptation.:p

5. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I still say it's Han expressing doubts about the likelihood of his own survival.

Even though the Falcon is also joining the battle, for Han that moment is about looking at his home and having the sobering thought that he might not make it back to that home.

6. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    I think Han was pretty much the epitome of fearless. I wouldn't say that he wouldn't mind dying, but he had plenty to fight for since his turn in being respectable. He can't die, it's just not an option for him.

7. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Actually, Han can be something of a jerk. Including an immature one. Mind you, he did develop somewhat over the three movies. But I suspect that he did retain something of his annoying personality.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    SMH

I am not talking about his general attitude and outlook. Oh, Solo is good for a good quip and looks out for himself, but he is putting the safety of an inanimate object above th elife of his friend and fellow rebel.

TragicHeroLover132 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.