main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Know It's Sad When...

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by AllenReturns, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    So...um...Erin....You're the best person with Harry Potter tickets I know!

2. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    [rant]
    I think Allen is right. What makes anything think that the 3rd Harry Potter movie will be any good? The first one was so boring, long, and poorly written that you would have had to have read the book to have any kind of connection with the characters, or be interested in what they were doing. I left the theater with more unanswered questions about the movie than when I entered. The top one being, "why is this movie such a huge freaking deal?"

You know it's sad when there are no movies coming out in the near future that have any quality to them... and you are one of the few people who knows it.

[/rant]

3. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    You know it's sad when the girl says "yes" and her parents say "no"

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    you didn't ask her parents first?

5. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    You're trying to get a date with a girl who still has to ask her parents if it's ok to go out?

6. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Date no, marriage yes. They were alright with it at first, but now they're not.

7. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Yikes! Dude that totally blows!

8. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    It sounds like she is probably too young to get married. And don't be in such a hurry yourself. Marriage lasts a long time if you do it right. And believe me, you don't want to make a mistake marrying either the wrong person or someone who could be the right person but at the wrong time.

9. AllenReturns

AllenReturns Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2004
    Thanks Rob- I feel better knowing someone else has the same hot pepper in the underwear feeling when someone mentions how wonderfull Harry Potter is.

Yeah dont rush the marriage thing. That and the fact that before your married you can get all the action you want - after its like your on some kind of rations or something. Women tend to use it as a treat for good behavior and putting the seat down and stuff like that.

10. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    What we're supposed to be getting action before exchanging vows?

Allen, will you talk to Becky for me?

11. AllenReturns

Apr 14, 2004
    Becky- men need action like women need shoe sales. Yeah we could probably live without it- but it defines us as a member of the male race. Example:
    A guy and a girl go on a date- they each go home to their prosepective roomates. The girls will sit up all night and discuss every nuance of the conversation and any and all possible translations of every hand twitch and eye movement; never really arriving at any real conclusion. This conversation could go on for the rest of the week. The guy gets home pours himself a midnight bowl of Coco-DynoBites and joins his roomate on the couch watching Sports Center for the 3rd consecutive time (yes we know its the same show every half an hour- we just like it!) The roomate will turn to his cereal eating friend and grunt, "You get some?" to which the guy will grunt in a positive or negatory manner based off the procedings of the evening- and then speak no more of it. It's not that its all we think about, or all we care about, its just its one of the few ways we feel confident in expressing ourselves. Most of us are not Robbie Burns caliber poets, able to summon up such powerful emotions with the mere manipulation of words- or have the vocal styling of Ewan McGregor to make you melt with a massivley improved Elton John song. So we smooch. Mainly cause that means we dont have to come up with anything to say.

12. Jowebee17

Jowebee17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Wow, well that was very near poetry to me Allen...

13. AllenReturns

Apr 14, 2004
    wanna go out? *kidding everyone!!!*

14. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    I never get action! Sheesh! I'm too ugly, I'm luck to have found someone! Besides, it's not over yet, I'm fighting for her. TO WAR!

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Riley, at least you date. I don't even get that. :p

16. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    When I come all the way from Maryland to find a thread for CONduit here and you guys don't have one, just like last year!

And I have two dates for Conduit. Begging helps a lot. :D

17. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    CONduit? Why would we have a thread for that? I'm confused.
    Course, living under a rock for the past two weeks sure doesn't help...I need a vacation.

18. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    You know it's sad when you're computer stops working properly so you take it in for repairs but when you get it back it is worse that before. :rolleyes:

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    conduit is a Sci-Fi Convention that is held every year at the Whindom Hotel downtown.

20. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    When I come all the way from Maryland to find a thread for CONduit here and you guys don't have one, just like last year!

Seriously! I came here for the same purpose and the only mentioning I find is yours, m'dear. ! :D

And on Harry Potter . . . The third one supposedly flows better. And it's supposed to be darker (which is good.) And Alan Rickman's still playing Snape (which is great.)* I can't wait to see it. :D

*(And we get to see him in a dress! Wahoo!!!)

21. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    *phew* Glad I'm not the only one looking forward to Snape in a dress. Thanks Zas.

22. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Glad to relate. :D

23. The_Black_Death

The_Black_Death Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2002
    My statistics show that NOTHING can withstand the furry of my dark mistress....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

24. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Did anyone go? If not you missed a great Conduit and Masquerade!

25. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I've been busy this weekend and I wasn't able to attend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.