You know Target isn't getting anything new when they put a POTF2 Leia on the shelf.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PhantomMenace, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. PhantomMenace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I went to Wal*Mart and Target this morning with a glimmer of hope that I would find something new. Wal*Mart had nothing as usual, though I saw that they were removing most of their older SW stuff from the shelves. They were taking off the Nexus, Action Fleet, Anakin F/X lightsabers, some electronic lightsabers, and most embarassing, their assortment of Episode I 12" figures. Since there was nothing interesting, I was on my way.

I got to Target hoping they would have something besides the same Teemto Pagalies and red battle droid figures they've had for weeks. In one of the strangest things I've ever seen as a collector, there was a single POTF2 Princess Leia Organa on an orange card hanging from the pegs! :eek: I guess it must have been laying around in the stockroom somewhere for the last seven or eight years, as it had water damage and some stains on the card. I went to scan it just for the heck of it to see what it cost, and I noticed a red sticker atop the barcode. It read, AS IS: Was $4.79, Now $1.16. I know that when these were out, they cost $4.76 at Target, so they must have been pricing it according to the Saga line. Anyhow, I decided to buy the figure for the hell of it. I already have like three of them carded, but since this one is in pretty bad shape I thought I'd open it. :)

So yeah, that was really weird. These used to be extremely hard to find around here when they were originally out. Eight years ago, if someone would have told me that I'd be seeing a POTF2 Leia on the shelf eight years later, I wouldn't have believed it. :) It makes me wonder what else might be lurking inside Target's stockroom...........

Oh yeah.........I went to Toys 'R Us yesterday and I saw a 12" Skiff Guard Lando inside a 12" AT-ST Driver box. :eek: Weird stuff I tell you!
  2. Orange_Sith Jedi Knight

star 3
    you have no entered the twilight zone
  3. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    You should get the Lando thing. Sell it on ebay for $100. make some money!
  4. JediMasterGuff Force Ghost

star 5
    I found a Detention Block in TK Max (a women's clothes store, my mum was there) a few months ago for £8.
  5. PhantomMenace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    TK Max? You don't mean TJ Maxx do you? We have those here in the US, though they sell clothes for men and women (and children).

Anyhow, its odd how you found that at a women's dept. store. :)
  6. jMo_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah when I was in Ireland I saw a TK Max- its the same thing as TJ Maxx here in the states.
  7. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    Well my target has greatly decreased their stock... There were probaly 6 figs on the pegs. But one of them happened to be the rehash jango. The others were all old though. But I saw all three clone wars vehicles out so theyre definitely getting new shippments here.
  8. Orange_Sith Jedi Knight

star 3
    my target had some AATs so i got one, though they seem to have lots of school supplies, as to that i have no idea why
  9. JediOverlord Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I went to a local Target today and got all three Clone Wars three-packs. They didn't have anything else new besides a Clone Wars Gunship and that roll-out droideka.
  10. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    And here I am getting all upset at my local TRU for putting out figures from the end of the POTJ line, I see now it could be much much worse! :p
  11. Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    PM is right, It's TJ Maxx, Unless Of Course TK Max Is Some Anomalous UK Spinoff...

-Yoda ;)
  12. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Even an old Leia is new when compared to age-old Jango's on the shelf.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.