main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You know what I love about the PT? No lame attempts to copy OT "character types"

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Sweetcurse, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetcurse

Sweetcurse Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    I say that because I remember when Shadows of the Empire came out and it had the "Han Solo" type with Dash Rendar. I thought that was really lame. I mean, there's only one Han and to try to copy it in the PT with a "character type" would have been insulting to the character.

In this case, Dash was such a horrible attempt at replacing Han that it almost made me puke when reading SOTE. Now, the story wasn't bad, but that bit really bothered me.

When the PT came out, I was fearing they would do the same again and have OT "Character types" as lame as Dash. But thank goodness they didn't, instead, we only get the characters we need, and if one seems to resemble an OT character, it is merely the product of the story, not a premeditated attempt to include "types" to please fans.

Another one I feared was Chewbacca. Chewbacca is waaaay cool and I wouldn't have wanted a "Chewbacca Type" in the PT. I'm so happy Jar Jar was the far removed from ressembling Chewie.

Here's hoping the same goes for ROTS!

Strilo edit: This is a parody thread of the Wedge one.

2. Blaine_The_Mono

Blaine_The_Mono Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    I agree, although I suppose you couls say Padme is like Leia, but they are mother/daughter so what else would you expect?

But the whole Sidious trying to copy Palpatine was just totally lame.

3. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    That is because Sidious and Palpatine are one and the same.

4. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Dooku is a lame attempt to copy Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.

Or something.

Jar Jar was supposed to be a rip-off of Han Solo. He was originally supposed to pilot the bongo for our jedi heros, remember. He acts a lot like han, sans getting kicked in the balls and smelling farts and acting weird. They both wear vest and are outlaws who don't believe in the jedi religion, but Han has a blaster and is cool.

C'mon, Kitster is a little Biggs and you know it.

Ric Ollie was probably going to be like Wedge and appear in every film to pilot the ships into battle or whatever. He must have died between films or something though.

Qugon is like Obiwan from ANH and even comes back from the dead for whatever reason. We'll never know how.

Jango Fett is a lot like Boba Fett I guess.

Grievous would be the boba fett of episode 3.

Anakin starts dressing like his son, leather glove and all.

Padme's crotch may be stronger than leia's but that doesn't stop her from wearing her daughter's hair style. ha ha ha

Naboo is a lot like Alderaan, isn't it? No army. Peaceful planet. How wude of the trade federation to attack it.

Trade federation = empire?

Gunray = Tarkin only this time he lives?

Queen is only a step above princess, now, isn't it?

Watto's like jabba from RotJ when our hero's try to bargain with him to let a friend go. Mind tricks work on neither of them.

this is fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.