main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT You know what seems odd to me...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by TheNewEmpire, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

In peacetime, sure. Wartime? Not so much:

FDR trip to Yalta

Putting Palpatine on his personal shuttle in the middle of a warzone-which Endor definitely is-is begging for the Rebels to bring a very anticlimactic end to the war with a few X-Wings.

2. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Uh, the USS Quincy was hardly the WW2 equivalent of the Executor. And the fact that you had to go back roughly 70 years to find this poor example really hurts your point more than helps it.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    As opposed to yours where no President ever has traveled to a war zone in an unarmed vessel? Sure, the WW2 equivalent of the Executor it isn't, but you'd have to be moronic to leave the chief of state that explicitly vulnerable. And then there's that there isn't any sign of the Executor at Endor until Palpatine is there. Which is what, total coincidence or something?

4. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Now you're putting words in my mouth. I'm talking about the days where the U.S. is a global superpower because that's the appropriate analogy to the Empire, not when Abraham Lincoln took a horse and acrriage to Gettysburg. And fact is when the President needs to go to Afghanistan or Iraq to address the troops or meet with a foreign dignitary, which has happened a few times over the past decade, he ain't taking an Aircraft Carrier.

Why this upsets you so much, I do not know.

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, I'm sure Palpatine can pretty much take any ship in the fleet he wants. While the Executor is the biggest and the baddest, it had more pressing matters to deal with at the time instead of ferrying the Emperor around - and I'm sure this was Palpatine's reasoning as well. Other than that, an Imperial-class is a very formidable ship in it's own right, faster, more mobile and attracts less attention.
    Using a random ISD instead of the Fleet's strongest warship for travel makes perfect sense at that point in time.

6. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Probably the card game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.