main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD ...you know what sucks?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by NeecH, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Lozza dutch ovens is a minimum of two people edit: breaking wind until all but one has left the room.

kids these days :rolleyes:

2. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    ok I'm not so sure i really wanted to know that...

3. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Kids those days :rolleyes: ... Errr, oh dear :oops:

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    You know what's funny?

That just now one of the account execs turned around from her desk to ask me to do some asinine thing for our boxheaded client and straight away another account exec started singing to cover up the barrage of foul language and abuse she knew would poor forth as my assessment of said clients asininity, as the first exec was still on the phone to aforementioned mentally challenged client.

This job'd be great if it weren't for the customers.

5. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    As I always say, the customer is always wrong. And they ARE always wrong too. In my job as a checkout-chick at a well known chain of supermarkets, I must get at least 5 people a day complaining that the scanned price is higher than what they thought.

And of all the times customers have raised objections of this nature, only 2 or 3 of them have ever been correct. YOU READ THE WRONG PRICE IDIOTS!!!!

I had a majorly bad customer last Saturday. There was a special on bags of pikelets, they are like $1.50 each, and 2 for $2. So this woman bought one, and complained that it should have been $1. At this point, a lot of bad things go through my mind, but none the less I gave a very rational response to the lady, and so she left it.

6. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Never under estimate somebody trying to get the better deal ;)

Once bought a new release DVD at Target for $5, I knew it was priced wrong, the check out girl knew it was priced wrong. But you know when they pass it through that really expensive scanner that says it's $5 then it is $5 isn't it. Mind you the price was corrected to $29 the next day so I was quite pleased with myself at the time ;)

7. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    In the pre-DVD days, I got a video for $1 at Kmart :D The guy wasnt sure what to do, he just smiled and performed the transaction as you usually would :)

8. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    And you can't argue with the machine now can you, after all computers don't lie ;) :p

9. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I'm pretty sure the scanning code of practice (or whathaveyou) says that they can't charge you more than the price it scans as - incentive for them to keep their prices correct and up to date.

I think it also says something about if a person could [/i]reasonably[/i] assess that the price of a product is 'x' - like when the wrong price is in front of/below whereever - then the store has to give it to them for that price. I scored a u-beaut $25 torch for $10 one time cos all 3 pegs of them were priced wrong

Speaking of which I went shopping saturday week ago and thought 'mm, that's a bit expensive' and when I checked the docket the three most expensive items on it had been run through twice! that was over $10 more they'd charged me!

(of course I went straight back and complained/got my $10 back)

Checkout tip: if you're buying any of those reduced products - the ones that are close to their use-by dates with the stickers on them - and it scans wrong at the checkout, say nothing, then take it to the customer service desk on your way out. If you tell the checkout chick she has to subtract it and then rescan it at the reduced price. At the serivce desk they have to give you the whole amount back, as it is an over charge. Free food!!!

A friendly satdee arvo checkout chick told me this one. And it's true!

10. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Indeed it is.

Being somewhere in the retail sector myself, I can add that the best bit is that the person behind the checkout/service desk isn't really fussed if you do this every day. What's it to them? Not much. They will just let the people know who will then fix it.

This said, if you're able to do this on a daily basis, something is wrong in that store. :)

11. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Stay tuned for the next shopping tip :p

12. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    lol, i got the esb st for $10 because of wrong pricing :)

13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    And there was much rejoicing :D

14. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    you know what sucks: The #%$* flu! My nose has been dripping for the last 2 days, like a nose bleed, but with water, and my neck has swollen to the size of my head

15. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    necker!!!

//points, laughs.

16. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    YKWS?

Seeing fuel at 92.5 and thinking it's a bargain.

17. Darth_Saruman

Darth_Saruman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    all good points.
    But I have to say...
    No more star wars movies!

18. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    D_S... you had to go and remind me, didn't you? [face_mischief]

19. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    YKWS? Seeing fuel at 112.9 and thinking it's a bargain. (End of May it was in the mid 90s.) :eek:

YKWS? Your employer asking you for a resume when you make an internal transfer application.
    "Uh, what? Guys I've been with you over a dozen years!"

20. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Well, you're going to hate me then... I'm bitching about having to pay 49.9c/L when I'm accustomed to 42.9c/L. I haven't paid attention to the price of petrol in a few months. LPG is the way to go my friends.

21. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Supermarket chains are run just like governemnt departments huh good :p

22. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    YKWS?

Everything. EVERY BLOOMIN THING!
    IN fact, I'm pretty sure that right now in teh world, more things suck then not, just becasue I think that's true.

In fact if it's not true that everytihng more or less sucks right now, than that sucks too.

Why do some days just feel like you're underwater, can't reach the top but really couldn't bloody care if you do?

*hmmmmph*

"the sun'll come out tomorrrrrroooowwww"
    *shoots red head chick*

23. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Woe is you hey??? I know how it can be Kahlan...
    But a little self pity is good now and again.
    Helps you reset, take stock of things.

Just go with it...
    theramaputic as Homer would say.

24. EnempE

EnempE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2005
    Never forget that as bad as things appear...

1) bad things have always happened, Its just now its bad news.
    2) there is always someone worse off, some people sniff petrol so that they don't feel hungry.
    3) everything can and will have balance, Its the way of things

4) you live in australia and are intellegent enough to be depressed.

6) fallen leaves can be pretty.

25. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Indeed it was a little theramapeutic. Woke up this morning, still alittle self involved, then remembered all the coo things about what I could do today, started spring cleaning, and feel a hell of a lot better. A day or two of self absorption ain't too bad a thing. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.