main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD ...you know what sucks?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by NeecH, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    WS:
    Is having a pretty crappy week full of stress and weird things, only to realise that people you love are doing it much tougher and have real problems, and that life certainly isn't fair enough on the whole.

Love sent to my beautiful friend.

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hugs to Kahlan :(

YKWS? Although moving house is good (see YKWG), being without a tv until the end of July and without internet until the middle of July is not good :( It's going to be hard without it which sounds really dumb but I'm rather attached to the cable tv and internet at the moment.

Kithera

3. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Ws. that whole Amazon blocking regions for mp3 downloading thing finally means something to me. ARGH. All I wanted was to download the Repo! stage album thingy, but nooooo. Won't let me do it. B@$tards... :mad:

4. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    WS - having my eye cut into, and having the local wear off :S
    WAS - having a dental appointment 3 hours afterwards.
    WAAS - having a blood test 2 hours before the eye op.

Today could have been better.

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Ugh, completely no fun at all for Loz.

Ws. on my end of the line is the insane amount of work that has ended up on my desk. I wanted to get all of my work out of the way by CoB today, and now I haven't a snowflake's chance in hell. Guess I'll be working late a lot next week... [face_hypnotized]

6. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Ewwwwwww...poor Lozza.

WS today was having one of those headaches, but knowing it wasn't bad..just needed to make it home to go to sleep. Did, and gone, so not as bad as those horrid ones. Still that feeling of dizziness and nausea I never get used to.

7. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    WS:

Spending almost 2 whole days last week cleaning my old place after moving out, handed back keys to get a "rectify list" yesterday of all the things I need to go back and clean better today, or I won't get much of my bond back.

Seriously, I know the place wasn't perfect, but sheesh, it wasn't perfect when I moved in either. Where the frak are my rights here..yes I know, in doing my condition report better when I move in I suspect.

So frak, back there today cleaning all frackin day. Anyone got plans for drinking or amusements tonight because I've very much in need of getting past the last two weeks and relaxing at last!

8. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Cleaning done...well most of the list they gave me. WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO. Not going back there again.

WS: SOoooooo physically exhausted. Should've got to a better fitness level before spending 5 hours straight cleaning. oww. I-)

9. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    WS: Some random getting my MSN account and making all sorts of sexual references at me, some insulting some just plain perverted.

What rocks: My cousin in England searching for this random on myspace and getting a heap of dirt.

What makes no sense: After they had made me feel generally uncomfortable, and I told them about the MySpace thing, they blocked both of us.

10. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Wasn't me I promise :p

11. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    lol. Coming from a guy, it would have made more sense.

12. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    YKWS?

When people lie to your face and seem to have no qualms about it when you catch them out. I'm sick of it, it's tiring and just plain annoying.

Luckily, it ain't anyone from this group :)

Kithera

13. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    WS - ADSL2+ is now available at my exchange, only thing is Internode are required to have their own equipment to operate from the exchange. In short, I can't get ADSL2+ with Internode. Since Internode are cheap and possibly the most stable connection I've been with over the last few years I don't really want to change either :p *sigh*

14. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ...that my exchange too, I wonder?

Mine I believe is barely a block from my place..

15. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    YKWS?

That my contract with my current employer finally ran out and as such I am once again jobless.

Well, back to pounding the pavement again :(

16. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow, Greiyls. That really does suck. I don't understand what Lozza and GoobaFish said, but... Um...

YKWS? But really doesn't for everyone around me. I couldn't get my learner's today because they would accept all of my identification documents. [face_frustrated]

But soon I will be out on the streets! 8-}

17. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Uh oh... Be afraid.... Be very, very afraid.

18. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    WS:
    I cleaned my old place like a crazy person, and they still managed to justify taking out a quarter of my bond on repairs and maintenance...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Felt like fighting them about it, but it'd interfere with my calm. 250 bucks... leavin it behind.

Sorry about the job front G. We should all keep an eye out and let you know about anything we see!

19. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Should ring the RTA about it, especially if you left the place cleaner than you got it.

20. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    This is why I go to ridiculous lengths on the condition report. A camera is your friend. And IC is right, if you have enough in terms of evidence the RTA will likely back you up, because last I checked people nowdays are keeping tabs on the amount of bond returned and it may affect your ability to get a place in the future.

21. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Yeah my best friends took photos of everything when they move dinto their rental. I have learned a bit. Unfortunately when I moved in 2 years ago,I was a bit of an emotional mess, and even though I did a reasonably good job of the condition report, there were things left out.

I do have a dispute resolution process in place with the RTA and have been paid 2/3'd of my bond already. I really just want an itemised list of what they consider maintenance, repairs and cleaning. But you're right, I've had real estates ask me before if I've had any money taken out of bonds, so I should and will follow this through.

Thanks for the advise though IC and Lozz :)

22. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    YKWS? I ran the front of my car into the back of a trailer today :(

Was coming up to toll gates and the dude in front just stopped suddenly, on the flip side, i was panicaly looking around for change and took my eyes away at the wrong moment.

made me jump though!. still a little shocked over it. have to try and start looking at getting it fixed tomorrow:rolleyes:

on top of that, the girl i've been head over heels for years started dating me only to tell me on the weekend it wasnt going to work :( talk about being crushed.

thats the way it goes i guess

23. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Aww Luke.

You win the crapppiest stuff award. HUG

Clone wars comes out next week....?? that's good right???

24. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    :( I thought my week had been bad, dropping and spilling just about everything I picked up.

Group hug needed for Luke [:D]

25. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    So some of you may have noticed that in my YKWG post I only said that 'I' will be moving back to Brisbane.

So YKWS?

Whilst Matt and I are both moving back to Qld, only I will be moving back to Brisbane. His chosen field of work in the Military is Electronic Warfare, which has a base of operations in Carbalah, which is about 20km north of Toowoomba. It's a small country town in the middle of nowhere, about 2.5 hours drive from Brisbane.

We've talked about it, and it's just not practical for us to live together when he gets posted. I need to do my studies at TAFE, and Matt needs to be close to base, and the two just don't work together. Even if I could do my studies closer, given that Matt WILL be posted overseas, for at least 6 months at a time, I do not want to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere, alone, 2.5 hours drive from my family and friends. So whilst it pains us to be parted, we're going to have to do it.

We'll still try and see each other as much as possible whilst he's here, and we'll make the most of our time together whilst we have it.

So whilst I'm thrilled about the idea that I'm coming home (you guys have no idea how much I've missed all my Brisbane friends), I'm absolutely shattered that Matt and I will be separated.

But Matt has to do a minimum of 6 years before he can be discharged, and my course is only around 3 years long, so we might be able to live together after that. *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.