main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD ...you know what sucks?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by NeecH, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Thanks Lozza. Got a good heat pack that I've been using. Stretching is something I've been neglecting this week. Always used to when I was doing weights and stuff. I figured simple cardio on the treadmill and crosstrainer wouldn't require it. Dumb me.

Physio'd again, and it seems to have improved a lot. Anit-inflammatories, panadol, and vodka and I'm good for the party tonight! ;)

2. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Okay so I've been the whingy one of late...

Still. Now, flu :( SUCKS

Also sucks:

Having to plan the Christmas school holidays and Christmas eve/day/boxing day 2 months out to co-ordinate it with exes and families and kids and partners. EEK! Anyone up for movies all day boxing day?! Will need it by then. Actually what's being released boxing day this year??

....goes to look.

Very much sucks:
    Just got sucked into youtube for 3/4 of an hour or so.. NOOOOOOOOOOO

3. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    -The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (I know nothing about the film adaptation, but it was a great short story with the potential to become a great movie)
    -The Day the Earth Stood Still (the scene-by-scene remake the film snobs decided long ago to hate with a passion)
    -Frost/Nixon (which is actually looking very promising, if particularly festive).

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    You know what sucks?

Tradesmen came today and wrecked our backyard. I'm not talking a couple of tyre marks or stepped on plants, I'm talking nearly all the plants ripped out of the ground and thrown in a heap, I'm talking about all our mulch gone and some of the plants too. I'm talking stones in our garden where we had battled so hard to keep them out and pick them out when dug up. At the momemt it feels like every weekend of the past four months counts for sweet nothing.

I'm shattered, this is bloody horrific and there isn't a damn thing that I can do about it.

Kithera

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    That's terrible! :( [:D]

6. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Hugs Kit'! Seriously I'd be bloody furious too, and with summer kicking in already, redoing it all will be hell. Is there nothing you can do? Write a letter of serious complaint to the company or something. I know it doesn't count for much most of the time but occassionally it gets you places - or at least and apology.

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Ws. a little bit today - feeling generally depressed about my job.

It's gone a bit awry since we moved offices - moving sucks by itself, but then we've had regional restructures that technically leave me as a floating anomaly due to lack of research from the people driving the restructure, other areas poaching our nice area and acting like real jerks, working with the newer finance lady who's negativity and paranoia about the motives about the people around her just makes me want to curl up under my desk a bit - amongst other things.

The whole environment has just become a really negative one, and I keep thinking I want to leave but at the same time I'm afraid to as I'm relatively safe here (and hate change and all that jazz). I don't think I'd do too well looking for jobs out of this place and Government seems to be eroding my soul a bit at the moment... [face_tired]

8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I know the feeling Morgan :( Many hugs to you :)

An update about the garden. We spoke to the Builder (the plumber is essentially his subcontractor) and he's agreed to fix it. He turned up this morning with a labourer, a load of soil and some mulch and it is now fixed. Looks fantastic. So while I'm not estatic that it had to be done in the first place (and there aren't any plants back in as we have to wait to see if they are okay) I'm happy at the outcome.

Thanks everyone for your support :) Much appreciated. :) :)

Kithera

9. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    WS - I think I'm going to have to get a tooth out. It's the only wisdom tooth I have and because there are no teeth on the bottom it's grown to be a very large bastard which may be causing a stack of problems including ear aches and a sore jaw - not to mention cutting up my lower gum and cheek :S

WalsoS - OD'ing on medication. I know I'm only supposed to take ONE tablet in the morning, but for some reason this morning I took two. It's the 2nd time this week that I've done it :S

10. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    YKWS?

That I got caught in that storm Wed night and my iPod and myself got totally drenched. Now the iPod is dead and cannot be revived... Oh woe is me

Go to YKWG thread to see the other side of this tale ;)

11. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    WS:
    Embarrassing anxiety related work event today that resulted in tears and me having to leave. So exhausted now. Just when you think you've got things under control, you realise you never really will.

12. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    WS: My back hurts. It got shaken to glory in a near miss car accident that resulted in taking a 90 degree corner at 80kph. There is nothing wrong with it and it isn't so painful I can't stand, but it seems my limit is about 4 hours upright before it starts complaining.

13. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Argh, I have the hiccups and they won't go away. Worse, I'm trying to drink my coffee, which is very, very difficult :S

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Ws. today.

My one and only nice work shirt has a bloody great big hole in it. :_|

15. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Yea I discovered about a month back my fav shirt has a hole in it. It was very old too, but still, I love that shirt :S

16. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I think it might possibly be fixable (it's floaty, fraying, annoying material) - it's just so annoying because it's the only shirt I own that makes me look even a semblance of proffessional. :confused:

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    WS: I also seem to still suck at playing asteroids!! Although Frogger I was so-so on. Cool games. Was on links from the Game on site

18. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    At least there's a good breeze today, but man..it's SO HOT! You'd think it was almost Christmas

19. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Oddly enough it is almost x-mas :p something I realised this morning as I lay in bed not wanting to go to work :p

20. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    7 sleeps til xmas!! well that doesn't suck..

Gonna be 35-37 degrees tomorrow everyone ( yes getting in before weatherman Goobs comments )..and that does suck. As not many of our dear friends like the heat all that much..stay as cool as we all can.

Prepare! put some water in the freezer now! OOh forget I've got an ice shaver machine! Wear shorts, use an umbrella, DO NOT LEAVE AIR CON if humanly possible!

Good luck.

21. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Right, gonna need a blender, some ice, a bottle of tequila, some salt, some limes and a bottle of margarita mix :p

Shorts? Not bloody likely.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

22. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    "Air conditioning's the greatest thing. Man's triumph over nature."

23. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    YKWS?

I was supposed to be working today but they decided it would be too quiet for two people. Guess who won't be eating next week? *sigh*

WAS?

Not being able to afford to go home for Christmas :( Sucks sucks SUCKS! I miss my family, I miss my friends :(

WS?

2008! Worst. Year. Ever. *sigh* I just want it to be over!!

24. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    YKWS - I had a tooth pulled out on Tuesday. Perfectly healthy tooth, just was busy chewing up my cheek and gum.

WS - Nothing but squishy foods. My diet is jelly, mashed potato, and soft pasta.

WS - I'm craving waffles and butterscotch sauce, of all things :p

WS - Only water, no coffee... I WANT A COFFEE!

25. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Owwies! Lozza that does suck! But jelly is good! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

YKWS?

Centrelink! I think I've been there almost every day for the last week and a half! STILL haven't gotten everything sorted :(

I'm supposed to start my TAFE course on Tuesday, but I still haven't enrolled. I have to have my Health Care Card so that I can get a concession (which saves me $700), and I have to have the concession before I can enrol. My Youth Allowance hasn't been approved yet so I can't actually apply for 'fees by installments' because I have no income. *sigh* And of course if I don't enrol by Monday then I can't start TAFE and then I am no longer eligible for Youth Allowance. It's a horrible circle!

Why does Centrelink have to make everything so hard!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.