main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what would be great?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by HappyBob, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    We should make a fan film!

It needs to artistically differentiate itself from its competitors as a legitimate work of cinema in its own right. I suggest reinterpreting the oft-used EU notion of the Force as a "deus ex machina" deity figure, instead positioning it as an unsentient tool of sorts, which of course opens up a whole Pandora's Box of ethical dillemmas. Can the perceived lack of a spiritual greater good justify ignorance of one's internal conscience? This epic tale will provide the answer... and perhaps raise a few questions in the process.

So it would be Darth Vader and Darth Maul fighting in the woods. Here's the twist, though - a surprise third combatant would enter at the end, forcing the two duelling Sith Lords to join forces! I can't give anything away, but let's just say his fans have a serious Fett-ish!

My brother did graphics in grade 10, so he should be able to do the lightsabres. Can anyone here use photoshop? We'll need an assistant to handle the flashback sequence where the USS Enterprise travels back into Old Republic times and takes on the million-strong Separatist Fleet.

I'm thinking Limp Bizkit for the soundtrack.

2. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Hehe... yousa a funny guy!

Also, it needs to have Jedi in it but they lose to the darkside by the end of the film.

3. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    I've been thinking of an idea for a fan-film for a while, but haven't finalised the plot details.

Photoshop?[face_sick]
    GIMP.[face_love]
    You could say that I'm kinda known for a certain GIMP script-fu...

As for film, though, I've rotoscoped sabres in AfterEffects. Haven't really explored the film-import section of the GIMP.

And I've done some 3ds Max animations...

4. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'll only help if the poster has a minimum of 6 camera flares on it.

5. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    LMAO!

It needs a poorly executed space battle too. And a cocky, sassy but ultimately geek-sexy female with a dark past and a purple lightsabre.

6. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Is this before or after we make the action/adventure flick 'Star Wipe: Revolution' ?

7. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Oh yeah... Forgot about the title;

It's got to have atleast one of the following words in it: dark, return, new, hope, reborn, prelude, revenge (the re words are the best, aren't they?).

Maybe we could do something that parodies Star Wars. Y'know, like mix it up with a Quentin Tarantino movie or something...

8. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    How about

Star Wars Episode IVV: The Prelude to the revenge of the returning dark hopeful rebirth of the Starwipe?

9. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    i have some star wars micromachines that could be used as ships

10. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Actually, I was also recently toying with the idea of a 3d-rendered claymation-style fanfilm, based around the Galactic Heroes figures...
    But I got sidetracked and bogged down with other stuff. Maybe I should explore that again if I get time...

11. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Is this before or after we make the action/adventure flick 'Star Wipe: Revolution' ?

Hell, I'm thinkin' at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.