main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what ... ?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BarWars, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Ah. Voicemail ping pong. As vaguely annoying and inbox tetris.

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW's vaguely frustrating? Dad's scanner seems to have kicked the proverbial bucket. :oops: Guh, just when I wanted to scan things... Welp, all the more reason I suppose to get a new monitor for my old box and connect up my so-old-vista-won't-recognise-it scanner.

YKW I love about drawing superheros? They're just so easy. You just draw a basic body and strategically place a few extra lines to give the general bodysuit appearance. Fun times. Although logically I guess this should prompt me to start learning to draw anatomy correctly... [face_thinking]

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I know you've probably got LOTS of drawing books Morgs but I do have a gorgeous classical anatomy book you're welcome to borrow a while. I never used it to learn as I should and I'm grumpy at myself. Yours to ponder over if you wish.

4. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I'd be interested in having a look-see in the very least, K :) Will keep it in mind, though I'm still not drawing as much as I should be or used to these days.

5. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW rather frustrating?

Itchy eyes. Trying not to claw my eyes out and make them look even worse than they are right now.

So flipping a coin - heads says it's allergies, tails says it's just dry, irritated eyes from the air con and constant staring at computer. Then, off to the chemist.

... Tails it is.

6. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    YKW's oddly funny:

IN the car after daycare and I started compiling a list of words to describe the kid.. "funny, handsome, cute, sweet, lovable". He tried me and came up with "helpful, handy and grown-up". That might in fact say it all. Made me laugh and then think..hmmmmm.

7. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    lol. handy.

8. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW? My brother apparently came over and pinched all the RAM from Ms Spatula. Huh. Good thing I was going to upgrade her anyway. [face_thinking]

YKW's nice, is that I've finally got the Enchanted soundtrack out of my head. Guh, it only took two weeks. Ahhhhhh, damnit it just came back. :oops: Good thing I have the Sam & Max soundtrack on my work comp. And now it is gone again. *breathes sigh of relief*

9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW's always the way?

My best artwork always starts as a tiny scribble on the most average quality paper (usually lined, but sometimes so crappy as butcher's paper from a fish-and-chip lunch) with the most average of drawing media (in one instance, a bright pink biro and a white gel pen - on the afforementioned butchers paper).

Trying to redraw these possible works of awesome at a larger size on decent paper with good materials almost never, ever works. So my only option is scan the frakker in and make it look pretty via gross enlargement and digital line art (which doesn't usually come out as nice as I could hope either). Although there was that one really nice landscape that I digitally painted from a lined paper/green biro combination. I was so damn proud of myself.

Right now, I'm scribbling and I think I'm on to something. Concept art for a story element that I'm pretty sure I have to scrap anyway for the story to make sense, but hey - if I can paint this one like I did the other, it will be beautiful.

Sorry, I'm rambling again :p

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    There was an article on the News.com site re something the current Pope was saying, and YKW? I just can't look at this man any more without thinking of Emperor Palpatine. And even when he doesn't look like the Emperor, he still looks evil. *whimpers*

11. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well then everything is proceeding exactly as he has forseen...

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    YKW fits into good and bad and weird and sad and all those other categories we use in this thread?

Munchkin starts prep tomorrow.
    Just..really really..something. Things are shifting in my world, for the better over the last week or so, but this "event" I've been thinking on for a while is actually occurring tomorrow. I'm not scared, or sad or freaked or particularly anxious, which is weird in itself. But he's going..tomorrow.

No more Monday drives to the beach or the park or just watching movies all day if our weekends were big. No more wondering how to play with him without putting any effort in at 1pm on a Thursday when I'd rather be napping. No more day care.

I know it's not huge, and to him after he's settled into the new environment it'll feel much like the away from his parents care he's had for the last 3 years, so I guess it's what it means to me.

He's big. Starting his own life with teachers and friends he'll see more than me. Learning thngs I don't know how to teach him. Finding his own ways of dealing with hard situations without me there. Which is all good stuff, and what you want. I think he's great most of the time and I look forward to being there to hear about his days and I know he'll enjoy it.

But that little kid phase is kinda done. Sort of hitting me now, obviously. I'll miss him those few days a week that I got to hang out with him, and just now when he's becoming so interesting to be around. Anyway, I'm venting this out now so that tomorrow i'm calm and organised and won't burst into tears as he puts his bag in the right spot.

So you know what's amazing. The process of growing up and actually being responsible for helping someone else do it.

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW really frustrating - losing something that was probably important behind a cupboard that is for all intensive purposes, impossible to move. Blaaaah.

Hope the munchkin's first day goes alright, K :)

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW? I'll be very glad the day that Gumboots become fashionable footwear. If they could make Ugg Boots stylish, I'm sure they could do it for Gumboots. *is very soggy*

15. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I was very soggy. Wet from the neck down due to the downpour at Mayne this morning - while I was out in the yards, naturally :p Went home and changed. Aircon + drenching = cold or worse I'm sure...

Oh and my workboots took a beating... So ykw? I won't be able to go to the workshops for a couple of days...

16. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You know what?

I like Star Wars.
    [face_blush]

17. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    That's why we're here, Goobs :)

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW is oddly infuriating?

A large group of women fawing over a baby and thereby cordoning off the only way out of the office.

I have no issue with the baby being extremely cute, nor do I think they have no right to fawn over said child - but come on ladies! I shouldn't be thinking about how I can ninja my way over the QFRS front desk because you insist on taking up the entire walkway... [face_hypnotized]

(Nothing stands between me and Lunchtime...)

19. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    From the Book of Starbuck: bellow "Make a hole!"

Surprisingly effective.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW fills me with horror?

The idea that I may have re-interpreted the doctor who scarf pattern instructions wrong again. I think I may cry. :_| Nearly half-way finished the damn thing too. :(

21. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    The mistake undoable?

<-- knows nothing but the very basic knitting stitch...

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, the wool is reusable, but I'm going to have to start from the beginning again. I've been counting the pattern ribs instead of rows, so I've essentially doubled the amount of stitches I had to do.

Although I think the guy who made the patterns recently updated the page with the instructions so I don't actually think this was entirely my fault. Still aggravating though.

23. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW I realised? As much as I do love sharks, the Great White is designed to be absolutely terrifying...

On the flip side, the Jaws plushy is adorable. That doesn't seem right.

24. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Hehe! When steam popped up its update window I saw a tripod plushy thing, it was cute. BBN says they are quite scary ingame though... I've not managed to work my way through half-life yet...

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Heh yeah I saw those - very cute, though I'm sure they are much more alarming in game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.