main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what ... ?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BarWars, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW makes me angry?

The asinine morons who decide the red lights mean "Go." Some idiot in a 4WD decided to bolt across the pedestrian crossing this morning. He had a red light - If he hadn't been lucky he could have wiped out the gaggle of annoying school children that were walking ahead of me.

Part of me wants to be charitible and say maybe he got confused between the green light for the lane next to him, but to hell with that - I'm not even that bad, and my observational skills generally need to be worked on. As a pedestrian, and a newly minted Provisional Driver, I gotta wonder how this guy got his licence - I've failed driving tests for far less. I'm going with blind luck.

Ahem, don't mind me - the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. [face_whistling]

2. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    YKW is a bit scary?

I have a job interview tomorrow. I quite want it. I bought a new top and everything. Dyed my hair, gave myself a facial... all the bells and whistles.

Now I just have to make it through the interview.

3. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Best of luck.

4. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Lots of luck Kahli [:D]

5. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    ta. went well. don't know yet, but not out of the running.

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW? I was right! Ahh! :D

They did get the Alien Queen from the second movie and reused it in the fourth movie! I had previously thought I was mixing it up with the alien space ship for one and two, and the image I have in my head is definitely the space ship, but I just put the audio commentary for the fourth movie and the director confirmed my previously wavering belief!

It's possible I'm far too excited about realising I wasn't accidentally making something up, but oh well. Yay!

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW's silly? These short sleeved jackets. I've just recently bought a new jacket, and it has sleeves that cut off at the elbow. This is disappointing because I want to be able to wear this in winter, but it just isn't going to do as good a job of keeping me warm, though I suppose it is better than these weird jackets with the tiny capped sleeves - fat lot of good those will do.

I just don't understand who decided that these jackets with the short sleeves were a good idea - the very idea of a jacket is to keep a body warm. :confused:

8. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Summer jacket??? I don't know...
    I'm not a fan of the 3/4 thing so I've never really thought about it before.

9. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Actually, Kmart has some very snazzy gumboots! I saw a girl wearing them about a month ago, and (without realising they were gumboots) wondered where she got her awesome boots from! Then I saw them in the catelogue! They're cream boots (that look like they have a crackle finish) printed with roses and skulls. They actually look pretty good!

Oh and short jackets are for summer. I find them particularly useful when wearing a skimpy top/dress, as they provide modesty and also a bit of warmth if there is a cool breeze. I have quite a few of them actually :D Plus in Brisbane, it never really gets that cold ;)

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Okay, that's fair enough for say, 3/4 sleeves, but when you've got the jackets that have practically no sleeves at all, they aren't really going to keep you that much warmer.

Never mind me though, I'm just cranky because I have cold forearms from sitting in air conditioning all day :p

11. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Welcome to the cranky mob. I'm cranky too because I'm cold :p All my jackets need cleaning :p

12. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW I can't stand? Those moments where I feel I just want to punch someone. The general rage I'm feeling just feels so childish as well, which makes me feel even worse about it. Long gone are the days where I could vent my frustrations by taking it out on a soccer ball, there's only so much screaming I can do, so I just have to sit here and simmer to myself until all this juvenile ire filters away. I'd like to think one day I'll grow out of this sort of thing, but I get the feeling adults never do - they just get better at pretending... [face_tired]

edit: screw that noise, I take back the note where I felt childish about my rage. I was childishly provoked into rage, and following craziness, so kind of cancels out into regular rage.

13. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    YKW? I think that (^) pretty much sums it up.

14. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    You know what makes me SOOOOOO angry?!?!

Some little upstart has decided that he really like Matt's Mando armour design so he stole it. And I mean that literally (well not the physical armour, but the design). He wrote hims character this little backstroy in which he was Ason's (Matt's Character) bodyguard who then goes onto kill Ason and take his armour. He's based this entire character around stealing Matt's armour, and has even comissioned artists on DA to draw his cahracter - using Matt's armour as a reference!! He's also using a picture that Matt had comissioned as his avatar on myspace and various other forums. So he stole Matt's character, his armour, his design and his colour scheme!

If there's one thing that really gets me angry, it's people stealing creativity off others. Matt spent years coming up with a great design, only to have it stolen by some brat who doesn't have the creativity to come up with his own design! It just angers me so much! I myself have had someone I thought was a friend claim my art to be their own, and it's really hurtful! As artisans, our creativity and imagination is our life, our soul and our income! So to have that so blatently ripped off is such a slap in the face!

It really makes me physically ill (yeah literally, I've been feeling ill all day because of this...though it could also be attributed to the HJs I had last night), and jsut so angry that people have the balls to do this! I don't know what kind of recourse we have, but I have contacted him and if he doesn't take all his 'artwork' off DA I will be reporting him. We also got him banned off the forum he was on where he was using Matt's artwork for an avatar.

I know it might seem silly, but to me this a heinous crime, even moreso because quite often there is nothing you can do to stop them. *sigh*

15. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You know what's going to happen at 5:23pm on Tuesday, March 11?

Shuttle Endeavour's set to lift off then.
    You could watch it live on NASA TV.

16. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    YKW's going to happen to me arund 9pm on Monday, March 17?

It's impossible to tell. Now or after the event. I intend to be St Paddy's TO THE EXTREME so it could really be anything and with any luck I won't remember it or the few hours preceding it.

Woo Hoo!

17. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Oh dear, is it that time of year again?

18. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    OOOHHH is taht why half my staff have asked for the 18th off. Stoopid me.

Prepares oxygen tank and bucket of velcro for any mission Kahli might need me for.

No..I've got no idea why I'd have them either

19. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Oxygen + velcro = bad idea, flammable cool idea, but bad, very bad.

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Velcro will cause a spark??

Once again, I find myself working on St. Patrick's Day in a capacity that forbids me from being able to get sauced. :oops:

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Apollo 1.
    QED

22. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Apollo 1.
    QED

Well huh, the velcro in Apollo 1 was found to be explosive in a high-pressure 100% oxygen environment, but there was 70 pounds of other non-metallic flammable materials in the design of the command module as well. Coupled with the faulty wiring and the jammed door, it was a recipe for disaster.

NASA's never lost an astronaut in space. In atmo's another story.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

23. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Magnus - try and follow my logic here.
    To have a fire you need 3 things: fuel, spark, and oxygen.
    FYI: Air is ~20% oxygen.
    FYI: Anything will burn if the fire triangle (see above) is present in great enough quantities. ANYTHING.

Assumption: Oxygen tank is oxygen rich. (It's composition is >20%)

Velcro provides friction. Or rather, pulling velcro apart provides friction.
    Velcro material provides fuel (remember the anything burns rule?).

Scary fact #1: With less than a 1% increase in oxygen present, everything becomes ~200% more flammable.
    Scary fact #2: Increase oxygen content in the atmostphere by ~2% and nearly everything on Earth will burn.
    Scary fact #3: If the oxygen content on Earth were ~30-35% we'dve wiped ourselves out a long time ago - actually, life may never have existed at all.
    Scary fact #4: At ~40% the sky would be on fire.

Non-flammable materials are designed to be non-flammable in "air". There is no requirement for manufactures to develop a material that can remain resistant to fire in oxygen enriched environments, in fact I'm not even sure that it is possible.

Oxygen enriched chambers in hospitals require patients to remove all clothes and not do anything for hours at a time. They are required to be low in friction. Anyone who goes into an enriched environment must immediately change their clothes and dispose of them as they are a huge fire hazard.

Oxygen is dangerous. The mistake of Apollo 1 was not that it was 100% oxygen, but that it was not air. Had it been oxygen enriched at all the exact same thing would have happened.

24. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You know what...?

We no longer have the 90 minute timelimit for post editing.
    [face_thinking]

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I think this has been noted on several occasions, but that doesn't make it any less worthy of note.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.