main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what ... ?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BarWars, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    You know what's kinda scary?

Finding the following articles of clothing while cleaning out my closet:

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Darcrider/X-FilesGear001.jpg]

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Darcrider/X-FilesGear003.jpg]

Apparently this is what I was wearing 13 years ago. Disturbingly enough, they still fit. How big was I in high school??

Well, I know what I'm wearing to the X-Files 2 premiere now :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW vaguely worrisome? The Lappy just hasn't been the same since the LAN... I'm guessing being heaved around in a backpack probably isn't overly good for it... She's been running a little slow - been taking a real long time to log in or even start up, and occasionally refuses to do so. Blah.

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    YKW..odd?

Woke up this morning dreaming about BBN's first day of work and feeling slightly anxious for him. Probably becasue I forgot to wish you luck. LUCK. HOpe it's going great.

4. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    You Know What's a Clear Sign of Madness?

When you're looking at all the chocolate bunnies in your house:

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Darcrider/Bunnies.jpg]

And you seriously consider either emulating the classic scene from Full Throttle, or doing your own production of Watership Down...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

5. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    The two smaller rabbits are clearly Fiver and Pipkin... My guess is the three bigger rabbits are Hazel, Bigwig and Holly.

6. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    You guys are a bit strange.. :)

YKW's a little sad but great:

When you're a parent but you don't have your kid all the time, you miss things, like he caught his first fish with his Dad today, but what's great is that you get to hear all about it, feel the excitement from what he's got to say about it..from his point of view. Which is kinda cool. They let it go too, which makes me happy...and honestly I'm not likely to take him fishing so it's good he's got different influences. He's also got some kids to hang out with, my exes partner's kids, which is all very complicated I guess from an outside view but totally great when you're 4 and an only child.

Yes mooshy mood. Happy to grab onto the good things in this life thing. No apologies ;)

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW is always worrying?

Seeing debit transactions on your bank statement that you don't remember making.

... Ahh, I just remember what that purchase was. Still, though.

8. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Brandon, I'm coming to your house and stealing your bunnies....

You know what I miss?

Easter eggs. This year was the first year EVER that I've not had easter eggs for easter. And I really miss it. If I go shopping tomorrow and they're still on sale, I'm getting me one. Just so I can celebrate, even if it is a bit late.

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Hope you had your fill of sale easter eggs LC...were SO cheap!

YKW..made me laugh out loud: ( kid story)

Munchkin says he can sing the sheep song.
    What song is that I ask? so he proceeds to sing,

Ba ba Ba, Ba ba baran
    Rockin and a rolling, rocking and a reeling Babaran.

No smirks or anything..he thinks the song is about sheep.

Cute

10. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
  11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW Frustrating?

Insomnia. Fracking... guh. The one small comfort is that I actually know exactly why I can't sleep tonight (a strange combination of a head full of buzzing thoughts, a swiftly approaching headache of PAIN AND DOOM and the fact that my body is one tiny chemical plant), but that doesn't take away from the fact that by morning I'm going to feel as sick as the proverbial dog.

Sigh. Well, back to sipping my cup of tea and waiting for the panadol to kick in...

12. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Morgs, if you get migraines apparently there is medicine you can take to help avoid it.

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I don't usually get migraines - and the ones I do are generally mild, comparitively speaking.

14. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I don't "usually" get them either, though they do floor me when they happen. Apparently the whole premise of it is when you feel like you are going to get a mirgraine you take the tablet and it is suppose to stop it. I don't know, I haven't actually tried it yet - but at least for me anything will be better than the hour spent clutching at the toilet with glaring black and white spots dancing before my eyes. Or the "sleep-with-is-not-sleep" that I get when I have it.

15. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    On the other side of the city, a lone eyebrow raises.

And there goes the other one. Any idea what they call this pre-emptive wonder drug?

16. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I'll check it for you when I get home, HB.
    Like I said, having had an episode recently I don't really expect another for about 6 months so I've not tried it yet, nor really likely too for a while either so I definately can't guarantee it actually works. It's a little on the expensive side as medication go - but in an effort to avoid being knocked flat I consider it a small price to pay.

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Be interested in this myself. Always do a pre-emptive panadol hit if I can. My headaches I'm not sure if they even classify as migraine, but the head pain is kinda not to bad, it's the absolute need to throw up or sleep, usually both that ensues that I hate..and yah about 3-4 hours sleep often helps.

18. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I have been prescribed voltaren as a pre-emptive STRIKE against impending migraine. Mostly it works, sometimes it doesn't. Depending on severity. But then my migraines respond to torodol, which is a muscle relaxent (so they tell me).

Additionally, I have learned to - and am allowed to - inject torodol (and its good buddy maxolon) myself. It really wasn't that hard. I explained to my doctor what I needed, which was mostly not to lie vomiting on his floor for in excess of an hour til he could see me, and I got my wish. In fact, getting the drug was the easy part - the hard part (for me) is getting the needles.

If you do decide to try the voltaren/torodol/maxolon waltz, make sure you also insist on some temazipam - none of those drugs will send you to sleep, and laying there staring at the ceiling listening to the wind is a p0xy way to spend the post migraine lull.

If you don't have voltaren, ibuprofen is the next best thing, as it also has anti-inflammatory properties.

Apologies for any poorly spelled drugs - I'm usually seeing them in 5d or so by the time I need them. You know what I'm talking about.

[face_whistling]

19. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Ok, this apparent "wonder drug" is called Naramig.

20. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    ARGH! *hits head on desk several times as I realise I wasn't the last person logged on to my computer*

21. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah - learnt that one the hard way myself.
    I always sign out of the boards once done.

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW I'm really enjoying? Driving to the station of a morning. It's been really nice jumping in the car, being hit by a chorus of whatever Enchanted song happens to be playing, and being at the station five minutes later. I rather like the fact that it no longer matters so much what time I leave the house anymore, so I'm not worrying about missing busses and the like. It's just really quite pleasant.

23. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    If you suffer from migraines a lot, it's worth looking into your dietary habits. On my first placement (which seems like so many moons ago now :p) two of the psychs there used to suffer from awful migraines, but after changing their diet, they no longer get them. I'm guessing you would have to see a natropath or something similar to it. I know one of the ladies couldn't eat chocolate or tomato or wheat. And lots of other things.

Being on a special diet and giving up your most favourite foods does suck, but if it makes life better for you, then I say it's worth it!

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    YKW's time consuming but strangely rewarding:

Planning the next four weeks of ones life. Routines are for schmucks you say.
    Well you probably wouldn't say schmuck. Or think it.

Still, planning when I have the munchkin overnight, when my ex is going away, when Goobs is working, when we can do the story bridge climb, when I'm away..all so time consuming. Luckily freaks like me enjoy the calm that ensues when things like this are done and the more fun parts of life can be enjoyed knowing you've not forgotten anything. :)

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW? Tanks are hard to draw.
    I've never been good with the mechanical stuff really (and perspective - I hate it) - good thing I'm a cartoonist, so I don't need to obey the laws of mechanical drawing.

Anywho, I'm working on a swell picture that spawned from the hungover conversation after the Pirate Party. I'll post it later, hopefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.