main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what's good? Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by casual-jedi, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    WG:

The munchkin is finally at an age where we're able to enjoy the cartoons he can watch.
    He's switched from Dora and Mickey Mouse to Clone Wars and now Tin Tin, which is currently on at 630 on Fox each night..although the end of daylight savings will soon move it to 730, and the download/watch will begin. Never read Tin Tin so enjoying it, although was a bit iffy on some of the violence, although it's no worse than speed racer.

But yeah, kid's watching Tin-Tin. Thought some of you'd appreciate his taste :)

Also Good:
    having stuff to look forward to

:) Oh and Saturday mornings

2. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Chermside has a new V max cinema. More expensive to see movies in, but 20 metre screen with bigger more spacious chairs and digital and 3D projection. I'd like to go sometime.. for something worthwhile.

3. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    What's Good:

I know this is pathetic..but an achievement for me. Usually I have to wait for Goobs to acquire and describe something for me. He has the knowledge and software and access is on his comuputer. Today, sad that the new Doctor who was out and said acquirere was on late shift, I set about taking control of my own geek life.

Now tis here, and although I haven't worked out how to get it onto the downstairs tv..it is viewable on my old puter. WOOT. Pats self on back. Of course Goobs will come home, and ask..did you put these precautions in place, did you change these settings on whatisthingy and I'll give him that "but I'm not really a real geek look" he loves so much.

Also good:
    Kid ate about 3 eggs before 9am so needed something to slow down his sugar rush lest the house get destroyed so we played an up to then unopened Pixar version of Monopoly..and he kind of understood what was going on, got some of the money counting right, didn't throw a tantrum when he went to jail and made me go..wow, he's almost 6.

Also good and made us snort. We stopped the game to get a drink and he asked if we should Pause it. Hmmm kid that learned to play playstation before Monopoly. Interesting world. :)

Fridge full of chocolate..kinda good??

4. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    That's so cute!! I miss monopoly! My cousins and I always used to play a game at Easter and Christmas lunch. A fridge full of chocolate is never a bad thing. I'm mighty tempted to go out and buy sale Easter eggs :p

YKWG?

Spending an ENITRE weekend with a loved one after not seeing them for 3 months! Being separated really makes you appreciate any time you do get to spend together. It's always hard saying goodbye, but at least this time I didn't cry!

5. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I know how that feels LC. It is hard, but a good payoff.

YKWRG?

Just got an invite to the cast & crew screening of 'Wolverine' down in sydney next weekend.

Awesome:D

6. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Must be strange that, only getting to see the results of your work a year or so later - Eric Bana mentioned it in Love the Beast.
    Have fun!

7. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    His tastes are extreamly cool. Love Tin-Tin:cool:

Yes Goobs, it is strange to have my work seen a year later...kinda sucks at the time but it's been a good few weeks from things I can hardly remember doing :p

8. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    That's fantastic Luke! Hope you enjoy it! I'm sure it will be a great movie!

And you're so right, the pay off is so worth it! But the good thing is that now he's out of basic training and currently doing training in Melbourne, he's not so far away!

And on that note,

YKWG?

It looks like Matt will be staying in Melbourne until his security clearance goes through. Which is looking like it could be between 6 months and possibly up to a year! Woot! Ok so maybe not good for Matt (coz it means he has to wait so long before continuing his training) but I'm happy coz he'll be such a short trip away! Melbourne is a heck of a lot closer than Toowoomba!

WAG?

Matt has said he'll take me to see Wicked next time I visit (hopefully next month!). YAY! BIG thing for him because he HATES musicals! Ah the things you do for those you love :p

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Sort of sorry about Matt LC, but good too I guess! Closer is good.

What's Good today... ( after reading LC's What Sucks)

I chose to get up at ridiculous oclock today, about 530am, and left the house about 6 to go take photos on my own. Meant to get beatiful sunrise, or reflections of sunrise, shots, but was a bit late :(

Still, I had a fun time, basing myself on the outskirts of the valley and working my way in.

As always I took more shots of cool architecture and weird angles and materials I came across than actual places or people...and you don't have to ask a building if it minds you taking it's photo :)

Anyway, thought I'd share my enjoyment

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/kahlan72/Valley%20april%2009/

10. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    YKWG?

X Men Origins: Wolverine.

Good mix of plot and action. All historical stuff looked good - WW1, WW2, 70's (80s?) stuff. Jackman carried a younger Wolverine well.

11. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Wg. today.

My contract at work was extended until 30 June. It isn't permanency, but hot damn, it's sure better than nothing. [face_peace]

12. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Excellent news Duchess. Take what you can get in these uncertain economic times :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

13. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    YKWG?

I've got my new computer and Left 4 Dead is up and running on it!!!:D

Seeyas online soon :D:D:D

14. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    One shining light in what was otherwise a VERY VERY crap afternoon.

They're playing Star Trek at the Imax theatre at Kennedy Space Centre whilst we're there. Next week even!Better place for freaks like us to see it? I think not Dr Jones.

:)

15. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    haha thats awesome

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Really needing to find some good atm.. and I know I have lots, jsut feel blinded to them.

GOod: 2 sleeps to go til we fly away and watch shuttles do the same.

Actually, that one thing will do. It's pretty good. :)

17. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    These days it's so important to find just that 1 good thing! That's a great thing too! :D

My YKWG?

Well actually it should be YKWFG!

My rental application was approved! :D YAY! This will be the first time I've actually had MY OWN PLACE!!! *squee* So I get the whole say in what happens there :D woot! In fact, tomorrow I'm going to go buy that candy pink and lime green quilt set I saw at Target today ;)

I should find out on Sunday/Monday exactly when I can move in, as they're doing work on it this week. It's getting a whole new kitchen, new paint on the walls, and the whole place is being professionally cleaned. So woot! It's a bit of a dump right now, but it will look great once all the work has been done! *fingers crossed* it will be next weekend :D

So now begins the fun process of packing! Woot!

I'm just excited about having my own place, with space to spread out all my sewing stuff. There will be much sewing once I've moved :D

18. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Really happy for you LC.

There is something very cool about coming home to a place that you've decorated..your stuff is on the coffee table where you left it, and Mum or a housemate isn't asking you when you'll put your stuff back in your room.

Enjoy the space just for you.
    Hope the move is quick and painless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.