main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what's good? Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by casual-jedi, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Wg today.

My tax refund went in to my account :) What a nice birthday present.

Also the lady at the coffee shop gave us free coffees because we seem to get our orders stuffed around a little. Was very nice of her.

... And Gilhooleys just sent me a voucher via the emails because it's my birthday, so that's nice too.

Government flex time is nice too - I plan to abscond from work after lunch. Heh. [face_mischief]

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    YKWG?

I just got me a new iPod, Black Classic... Tee Hee, I'm in portable music heaven again :D

3. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I love a good duel-thread tale that spans the full emotional range of highs and lows. Great to know yours finished in this thread.

4. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    WG?

I just got my copy of Star Wars: a new hope Revisited. And it's actually really, really cool.

I don't know if it's already been disscused while I was away last year...but this fan has made his own "Special Edition" of a new hope by re-editing some parts, cleaned it up sound and picture wise and added some really cool new fx shots.

I've only skipped though the disc so far(been flat chat) but i've noticed-
    All the lightsabers have been fixed(ie: no green when it shoud be blue ala '04 dvd)
    new alderan explosion
    no jabba scene in docking bay 9
    han shoots first
    the falcon actually does manuvers to escape tatooine.

like i said, this could be old info for you guys but i've got a copy if anyone wants to have a group viewing to pick out the new stuff. :)

5. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I've got a copy myself - it's pretty shiny. There will be divided opinions on it, but I certainly admire the level of work the fellow put into it.

6. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    YKWG?
    For the most part, the entire last week, in which I:

-Upgraded from Student to Real Person, finishing my degree after six years and 2.5 courses at uni.
    -Decided that, for perhaps the first time in the entire duration listed above, I didn't have a crippling fear of moving on.
    -Got to finish with a this as a final project.

And, most significantly:

-Got an iPhone.

7. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Kahli gave the munchkin "a few" star wars toys and he ADORES them...and I still have an upper shelf in my wardrobe full of some he won't see for months yet!

8. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Friday afternoon when...home by 3, at Southbank by 330. Lay in the sun, have a swim, grab some pizza on the grassy noll, some ice cream on the way out. RELAXED!

oooh AG: got free tickets to Australia

9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    WG, my weekend (well, I suppose it was pretty alright).

Certain jolly nice persons bundled me on a plane and sent me to Sydney for the weekend to visit LC, so that was pretty excellent. Some of the weekend's highlights include:

-- "My Fair Lady" with RICHARD E GRANT. [face_dancing] That was exciting. Really, really, really glad I got the opportunity to go see this - it's such a well rounded production, and you know... Richard E grant was brilliant too.

-- Buying lots of books, comics, magazines. I was worried that my luggage would be too heavy actually (but apparently not). Picked up some Gosu Rori (Goth Lolita) mags, found one of the ElfQuest Reader's Collection books I've been after, got the Serenity visual guide thingy to go with my two Firefly companions, The "Necronomicon" compilation of Lovecraft stories... amongst other stuff.

-- Hanging out with some of the groovier Sydney folks around Matt's new X-Box whilst the boys played "Popular X-Box Game Halo".

-- Coming home again.

It was a pretty good weekend. :)

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW generally made of awesome?

Batman-symbol shaped tempura chicken pieces. Of course they don't all look as good as the pictures on the box, but still, points for trying. (YKYAGW you start plotting gaming nights around the batman chicken... Lego Batman, anyone?)

11. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Well I found the lego star wars games generally fun, so I could probably stand some lego batman.

12. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    My Wg's for the day.

-- Cold and Flu tablets. I almost feel healthy! The ability to breathe through my nose is always welcomed, and also not falling asleep at desk due to having the plague. Very good.

-- I went to the dentist yesterday due to having chipped my tooth on the weekend, and it turns out I had a massive gaping maw in one of my teeth. So I had a filling. Whilst awake. Noting that I've never had any dental work (check-ups not included) when conscious due to general panicking means that this is a big deal. Take that, phobia!

-- 90.1 c a litre for petrol last night.

-- Getting a full AO3 wage in my account. My last pay was only one week AO3, one week AO2 - so the difference wasn't as noticable, but this was nice. I should be able to last the fortnight and get some christmas shopping done :)

13. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Still have a lot of things to alter and fix, but I wore this for the first time on Saturday the 29th, which also happened to be my 18th birthday.

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/The_Original_Sabre/DSC03970.jpg]

I'm the stormy in the centre :cool:

14. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Compared to the (worn) armour of the others, I gotta say you look like a cadet of sorts.

Still, nice work on the Armour. Your blaster?

15. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Yeah well the one on the left is a Sandtrooper, he's meant to look dirty :p

The blaster is mine, and thats probably the first thing I'm going to get to work on over the summer. There are bits and pieces missing, this pic is a good comparison of where I started to where I need to go. ;)

[image=http://www.concentric.net/~ptnguyen/TK6990/DSC02128c.JPG]

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Kinda good teaching the kid Christmas Carols and also realising he already knows some of the favourites. He's singing All I want for Christmas in Carols next week, but likes Six White Boomers too. Wow..the spirit is creeping up on me.

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    It's Christmas Eve :) Great in itself.

Good: Only have to work a 5 hour day, possibly less, although I should actually be getting on my way soon.

REALLY REALLY GOOD!:

Dralion, Cirque de Soleil. Just fabulous. Was in awe the whole time, and it's amazingly beautiful to lsiten to and watch.

..and one more sleep til Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Odd, for some reason I thought you were going tonight, Kahlan.

Oh yes, Dralion was very good. I have the soundtrack, for leech at the next LAN.

WG - Only half a day at work today and then no work until the 5th of Jan.

19. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    WG?

Only 3 weeks until I move away from this horrible place that people call Sydney. Yes, I hate it! Woo! Moving to Adelaide with lots of awesome friends and lots of costume opportunities, and hopefully study! (don't worry, I still miss you guys lots!)

AG?

Being gifted with an item of clothing that is PERFECT for a costume, and would have cost lots of money to buy/taken lots of time to make! HOORAY! I HAS TAILCOAT!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!

Hahah yes, it's very exciting for me :p Shoosh!

AG?

Moving :p Yes I know I've already said it, but hey, it's awesome! A new state, a fresh start, BRING ON 2009!

20. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Isn't the rain nice.. and it's give one a perfect excuse to stay inside and potter around..or organise, whichever one finds more rewarding :)

Also good:
    Having a whole great week with the munchkin and the family. Spent time at the coast with my Mum, sister and nephew, and a few days at home. I LOVE HOLIDAYS! Why do we have to work again????????

21. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Going back to work is a horrible pain, but at least it did accomplish one thing:

I remembered to email the property manager about the annoying people below me.
    Result, they won't be annoying me too much longer *grin* and that is a what's good.

22. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    YKWG?

I was officially accepted into my TAFE course! I received the letter in the mail yesterday! So exciting! Now I'm just waiting on the paperwork so I can go about enrolling.

What am I studying, you ask? A diploma of Costume for Performance of course :p Word cannot express how excited I am to be accepted! :D WOOOOOOO!

AG?

I'm in Adelaide and starting to settle in. Hoping for my stuff to arrive tomorrow so I can start unpacking and arranging everything. So much to organise but I'm kinda just chilling, which is really nice :D

23. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Woo! Good to hear on all points :)

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Whats Good:

Anyone that's been around me the last couple of weeks will know of my creative projects for my next steampunk based costume. It's been a while since I got enthused about anything..anything, so to actually be excited from time to time about making something, is just like I've been woken up. So far, I've finished about 3 things, including a pair of goggles last night, which are quick and nasty, but a start...

WRG: Goobs found a site for us for steampunk type watches a guy in Japan is making..and I've just drooled for about 20 minutes and have changed my ideas on a new vocation for me.. ;)

http://www.eager-beavers.net/products/info.cgi?temp=TMP0&id=189

Neech, I can't read Japanese..but if this guy's stuff is anywhere remotely near you, I'll give you my credit card details and my order ;)

Much fun is being had..well by me anyway. Keeps me off the streets.

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Those watches do kick proverbial ass, K :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.