main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA You know what's good.....??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    My wife's daughter's brother is friends with his cousin ;)

2. Merrick77

Merrick77 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2007
    Adelaide...

I think my former housemate's uncle worked with the guy that lives next door to your wife's brother's gardener.

3. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    :eek:

I know that guy

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I once tossed a coin in his guitar case when he was busking in the Mall ;)

5. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Next door? Was that the one on the left or the right?

Actually my bosses gardener was the father of the former Relay for Life organiser - true story :)

6. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    Yes. He speaks of you often. [face_laugh]

7. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    nice things I hope,next time you see him, can you please tell him I said "hi" for me & we should catch up for a [face_coffee] sometime ?

8. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    I deleted this post as it was nowhere near as funny as I thought it was. [face_whistling]

9. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    o_O

we'll never know now.

:p

10. leektar

leektar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2008
    YKWG???

The first cup of coffee of the morning!!

[face_coffee]

11. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    YKWG ?

John Cena [face_dancing]

12. leektar

Jul 31, 2008

Not in this house - we are over the wrestling!!! I hear about it 24/7!!!

Jnr lives and breathes it ....

13. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    Thanks for that clarification. I was just about to ask who is John Cena?

14. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    *lol* The WWE is :cool:

soap opera for men :D

15. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    YKWG?

Batista!!

Cena is a punk!

[face_whistling]

16. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    nup not Cena,

CM is a Punk ;)

17. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    YKWG?

That my brother is home from school.

18. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    YKWG - Doing my good deed for the day yesterday :)

19. leektar

Jul 31, 2008
    YKWG??

Only 12 days + 5.5 hrs school days for the year - less any strike action.

We can't wait for this year to be over and to be rid of the teacher Azzy has had!!!

20. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'll have to have a chat, this teacher sounds like a doozy.

YKWG: I have one official lesson left to teach, about 30 hours of work (before Monday!) and then I'm off to Japan....gulp!

21. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    YKWG

Japan - the strangest place on the planet.

Weirdness

22. SAFFcam

SAFFcam Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 21, 2008
    YKWG?

listening to your fav songs up loud and having no one around to complaing about it
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

23. leektar

Jul 31, 2008

Would love to have a chat to you about the whole situation - are you coming to our BBQ on Saturday after the pageant??

24. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Unlikely, it may happen, but I'm not sure. Everything more than a day or so away is a 'maybe' at the moment, don't even know if we're going to make it to the pageant.

I've just worked out I'll be at work until at least 8pm tonight, possibly even a few hours longer...partly due to others' causing me hassles. *sigh* But I'm in the wrong thread for that ;)

25. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    YKWG? The story about the origins of why we put angels on Christmas trees....

One particular Christmas not so very long ago, Santa was once again getting ready for his annual trip; but this year there were problems everywhere.

Fourteen of his elves got sick, and the on-call elves could not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones. The budget was much too tight to afford what the temp agencies would charge, so he had to pull one of his most experienced elves off the line to find, interview, and bring in more seasonal trainees, who were even slower than the on-call help. Santa was beginning to fall behind schedule.

Because production was down, the First Bank of the North Pole changed the terms on Santa's operating loan, which made him fall even further behind when the goblins running the mines started sending their raw materials COD. To raise enough capital to pay them and hire enough trainees to keep the toys flowing in time for Christmas, he took out a mortgage on his and Mrs. Claus' house -- and when the bank found out about that, they dropped his credit rating and raised the interest on his operating loan.

Mrs. Claus told him that her mother was coming to visit.

When Santa went to harness the reindeer, he found three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. He thought briefly about hiring polar bears, but they had already signed a Christmas contract with Coca Cola, and they didn't get along so well with the reindeer anyway. Then the rest of the reindeer found out how much the polar bears were making for a lot less work. In desperation Santa called over to Whoville to see if Max was free. Max yipped happily and agreed, since the Grinch wasn't needing him just then anyway. He was much too busy on the telephone, buying up all the Whoville mortgages at market-bottom prices and happily anticipating foreclosures.

When Santa began to load the sleigh, one of the boards cracked, spilling all the toys into the snow. All the electronic toys were ruined. He called the distributors, but every shipment before Christmas had already been pre-sold out. Finally he found a couple of Wii Fits for sale on Ebay, and after some intense bidding which maxed out his remaining credit card, he won. Then the standard shipping company said it did not deliver to his area, and when he finally found one that did, they said they could not promise delivery before Christmas.

Deep breath ... just take a break. Leaving everything just as it was for the moment, Santa went back into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey. But when he opened the cupboard where he kept the liquor, he discovered nothing but an IOU note from the elves. Then the coffee pot slipped from his fingers, breaking into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom. Mice had eaten the straw it was made from.

Just then, the doorbell rang. Santa opened the door, and there was a little angel with a great big smile and a great big Christmas tree. "Merry Christmas, Santa!" the little angel exclaimed. "Isn't it just a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Isn't it just a lovely tree? Where would you like me to stick it?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.