main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA You know you are a Star Wars addict if...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    ... you accidentally refer to your boss as his Excellency Jabba the Hutt or Palpatine
    ... encountering a problem you find yourself muttering: "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope."
    ... You salvage parts from your car to build an astromech droid.
    ... without realizing it talk like Yoda you do.
    ... you have painted your car in Rogue Squadrom colors
    ... when someone says "Anakin" you say "Solo or Skywalker?"
    ... you have a glow in the dark map of the Star Wars galaxy on your bedroom ceiling.
    ... when observing a rainbow you name the Jedi or Sith that have a lightsaber of the different colors
    ... you have complete Death Star Schematics in your sock drawer.
    ... you name your twins Luke and Leia.
    ... you hear the Star Wars them every time you see a sunset.
    ... when watching LOTR you ask "Why is Count Dooku in Lord of the Rings?"
    ... you paint your trashcan like R2-D2 and put it on top of your car
    ... you can hum all five Star Wars Soundtracks in order
    ... when passing a used car lot you hope to spot the Millenium Falcon
    ... you use the force to change red lights to green while driving
    ... driving with a broken speedometer makes you feel like Luke when he shuts off the instruments and uses the Force to guide him (don't give me weird looks... I'm sure I am not the only one...)
    ... when giant dice make you think of Han and Chewie.
    ... nair commercials make you wonder what Chewie would look like bald.
    ... Ewoks are a mandatory part of all good pranks.
    ... you have an urge to tangle up stilts so that the walker comes crashing down.
    ... you go out to eat and ask for Bantha stew.
    ... you ask your best friend to prom by changing the opening text screen of the movie slightly, then you play the opening song over loud speakers and show the altered opening on the big screen... what can I say, it worked
    ... you can sing a latin hymn while sounding like Yoda.
    ... you look at people and try to figure out which alien they would be.
    ... you picture your band friends as members of the Catina band.
    ... when you tell your teacher that his/her tests are not as important as the lightsaber you're making.
    ... "when you enter a contest for a Toyota and hope you win a toy Yoda!"
    ... if you can't resist ordering buns at the bakershop just to get Leia's hairdo down.
    ...when asked to do something, you reply "As you wish, my master."
    ... "goodbye" has been replaced by "May the Force be with you" in your vocabulary

2. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    I guess it wouldn't do me much good to deny most of those.... :D
    Nice list, Nat!

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    [face_laugh]

I know what you mean :p 8-}

Feel free to add to the list if you can think of others :)

... while listening to the radio, songs come on and the only lyrics you can sing to them are the Star Wars parody words :p

And from the above list, doing these is really fun :)
    ...driving with a broken speedometer makes you feel like Luke when he shuts off the instruments and uses the Force to guide him (don't give me weird looks... I'm sure I am not the only one...)
    ... you ask your best (male for me) friend to prom by changing the opening text screen of the movie slightly, then you play the opening song over loud speakers and show the altered opening on the big screen... what can I say, it worked
    ... you can sing a latin hymn while sounding like Yoda. (I can't atually do this one, but my friend Brian can, and I must say it was a riot and helped keep a sleeper of a class entertaining in high school)

4. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    ...after a few days of not shaving, you refer to yourself as a "scruffy-looking nerf-herder"
    ...when your car breaks down, you begin looking for the hydrospanner
    ...you refer to your car as your "ship"

5. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    ...you look around suspiciously before heading down the spice aisle at stores.

Sorry, that's the only one I could think of right now...been up since God-forsaken-o'clock this morning and haven't yet recovered. Heh I'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy this still from Revenge of the Sith! (Unless you're going entirely spoliersh free...)

6. bladex2

bladex2 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    LOL! My dads lil Mazda stick drive truck that I have to drive alot(my car is broken) the speedometer and odemeter have been broken for the last 6+ months :p The changing lights one I have tried to :p

7. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    - when passing a used car lot you hope to spot the Millenium Falcon [face_laugh]

-When you are at work, and have to quickly meet a deadline, you play out Luke's lightsaber battle at the Sarlacc Pit in order to meet it.

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Keep them coming! I love these!

...you walk Bloomsday in costume (especially since in Stormtrooper armor it is impossible to run)

9. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    - you've lost the remote so you use the Force to change the channel

It's a poor attempt, I know. I'm still working on more

10. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    I know I'm not a Spokane FFer, but I'm related to one, so bite me! :p

... when you wave your hand at automatic opening doors, using the Force to open them (besides stepping in the sensor range)

11. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    --when you talk to most "bipeds" you think of the line "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." on a regular basis.

--when people in public ask you your name you answer with your stormtrooper ID number

--you own a full set of stormtrooper armor and wear it in public for reasons not related to Star Wars in any way whatsoever

And heres one for the bloomies...

--you live in an imbred town that calls a stormtrooper a Power Ranger...(cry) ^^;

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *bites him*

Hehehe.

How about...

...when the phrase "impressive" is heard, you're immediate thought is "most impressive" :p

and Casey, you must not forget Vader and R2D2 :p

13. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    "Power ranger" :eek:
    Yeah, that really makes me want to cry.
    Impressive, most impressive...
    Yeah, that line comes to my mind a lot.

14. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    --get elected president of a Star Wars fan club

--in public you refer to your friends as your fellow geeks

--you start or reply to a thread of how much of a Star Wars addict you are

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    ...you have ever frightened away a group of people by making weird noises then said " They scare easily but they will be back, and in greater numbers."

...everytime someone tells you one of their deepest secrets you gloat and say, "You're far too trusting."

...you can't pick up a flashlight without waving it around and humming.

...When you can't sleep, you begin counting nerf.

...you see the line, "A long time ago..." and actually wonder what they're doing now.

...Someone mentions being abducted by little green men and you respond by pointing out that Yoda would never do such a thing!

...you find yourself discussing characters from the books, movies, and games as if they were actually old friends of yours.

...you don't need subtitles when an alien speaks in one of the movies.

...When you read Star Wars books, you can see it happening in your head.

...you know more about the history of Tatooine than you do Earth.

...When someone makes fun of your car you retort, "but it's the fastest hunk-a-junk in the galaxy."

...you think this list has some good ideas for fun things to do.

...When you don't like the conversation, you shoot your phone.

...you actually read this entire list and then thought it would be fun to add to it.

...your vacuum cleaner is named R2-D2.

...Whenever you go anywhere outside with your friends, you always walk single file, to hide your numbers.

...When trying unsuccessfully to snare that last Cheerio floating in your cereal bowl, you remark, "the Force is strong with this one."

...as a child, whenever you had broken something, your response was always, "It must've had a self-destruct mechanism. I didn't hit it that hard."

...the girl you've been going out with suddently tells you she loves you and you said, "I know." (or for us gals, you know you are a fan when you say "I love you." and he says "I know." and it brings a smile to your face)

...you tried to create a Yoda puppet out of a green sock and some buttons.

...you have lightsaber duelled with cardboard tubes, rolled up periodicals, common garden vegetables, and/or homemade lightsabers.

...you've been pulled over by a policeman and when asked to see your drivers' license you replied, "You don't need to see my identification."

...you have held up an onion ring and said, "Look sir, droids."

...everytime you put a glove on your right hand you say... "that's right, Artoo. We're going to the Dagobah System. I have a promise to keep to an old friend."

...you bought a white Isuzu Trooper, strictly because of the name!

...you've been pulled over by a cop for speeding and the only excuse you can come up with has something to do with either hydro-spanners, alluvial-dampers, or hyperdrive-motivators.

...you've ever gotten a hold of an answering machine message and said, "TK-421, why aren't you at your post? TK-421, do you copy?"

...you actually read this entire list and then thought it would be fun to add to it.

16. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    "...When you don't like the conversation, you shoot your phone."
    [face_laugh]

17. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    ...you've been pulled over by a cop for speeding and the only excuse you can come up with has something to do with either hydro-spanners, alluvial-dampers, or hyperdrive-motivators.

I've actually heard stories about people doing this. I think in one the officer couldn't believe it and let the person go.

18. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    While on your way to the Episode III premiere, you think everyone passing you on the highway is going to the movie as well, and is going to get in line ahead of you.

19. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    ... your houseplant didn't die, it just became one with the Force.
    ... the only time you go to fast food restaurants is to buy Star Wars toys.
    ... you think hives are for scum and villainy (or geek and nerdery) and not bees.

20. padmay_and_luke

padmay_and_luke Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    The air conditioning in the office at which you work is constantly on hyperdrive, so you refer to your reception desk as Echo Base.

When engaged in conversation with a non-SW addict you accidently refer to your offspring as your young padawan and then, as you continue with your story, wonder why the other person is looking very strangly at you...

When any cylindrical object under a foot has mass potential as the base of a lightsaber...(This one was inspired by above said young padawan and, for example, a broken jumprope handle).

21. Thumpernicus

Thumpernicus Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Your eyes fill with tears of overwhelming joy and your heart nearly bursts with pride when your 3 year old says, "Daddy, I want to watch Star Wars again!" and then asks for his very own "lightsaver" the next time you walk through Toys R Us.

22. Thumpernicus

May 19, 2005
    I have to set this one up by saying that I play a knight (English, not Jedi) at the Northwest Renaissance Festival. I play the "Good" Knight, so at least once during the day I will wince slightly and tell His Majesty, King Henry, that I sense an evil force approaching, as my counter, the "Bad" Knight approaches.

Also, during the Festival's Knightly Games swordfighting, a "Force Push" somehow manages to find its way into the fight choreography.....

Hello, my name is Alex and I am a geek.....

23. Thumpernicus

May 19, 2005
    Sorry, last one...for now....

Hollywood moviestar? No thanks...I'd rather be in a fanfilm.

24. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    "Hollywood moviestar? No thanks. I'd rather be in a fan film."
    Yeah, fan films always seem more personal to me.
    That and it's a great way to express your inner:-B

25. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    This is now one of my favorites ... you think hives are for scum and villainy (or geek and nerdery) and not bees.
    Thanks James!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.