main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    DS oh, you think that's bad? I sometimes write in a my own private code! Everyone that has somehow gotten ahold of my notebooks thinks I'm insane but. . .

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    when you stay up until two even `tho you have a test the next day, just because you had to finish a songfic

Ha ha ha! Been there. I have insomnia anyway so I get most of my writing done then!

You live for feedback, (I am a junkie) and check frequently just to see if people have replied and what they thought

Every 3 seconds for me!!

Here are some of my own...

-when you wear a SW t-shirt to school for five days (not the same one mind you) to see if anyone would catch on.
    -when a guy makes lightsaber sounds and motions and breathes like DV when he sees you wear a SW shirt.
    -when you have a mini lightsaber fight with flyswatters in German
    -when you get this great idea for a fic waiting outside your 1st period class
    -when you write in class instead of taking notes. (whoops)
    -when you get made fun of in class because you can tell the background of every SW character they name.
    -when you write a fic after your exams and your friend asks what you're doing, you tell her, and she gives a blank look.
    -when your father stalks around the house grumbling because you and your mom are talking with each other about the latest fic plot.
    -when your whole life is on this website.
    -when you would cancel a date because the awards are that night.
    -when you would rather write and read fics than drive or date.
    -when you get into a fist fight with your mom becuase she is writing her own fic and won't let you have the computer (Are you listening Mom?)

Okay, that is all I could come up with! Sorry if I repeated any! I think I may print out everyone's responses and put them in my notebooks to prove that there are other people like me! :)

When bantha, kriff, blaster, jedi, sith, Coruscant, and hyperspace don't get underlined in red on your word processor.

OH so guilty of this one. Now it actually corrects things for me!

I hope that is the last edit! It is just that I go back and read the replies and I relate to it so I go back and post my comments. Okay Megan, no more looking! Okay, maybe one more look....

3. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Coruscant wouldn't be underlined anyways, it'd just be underlined in green because coruscant is a word, it means shiny or something like that.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I don't know VadersMistress, sounds like your house needs another computer! LOL! :D :D You sound like my daughter with the t-shirts... she wound up with a collection of 12 after TPM and most of them are Darth Maul.

5. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    ...when you buy your friend a necklace for christmas that you think her OC would like.

6. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    VM, alot of those apply to me! Scary huh? Your MOM writes fic!! Lucky you, my mom just stares at me and shakes her head when I ramble on about my plots, she thinks it's "cute" [face_frustrated]

7. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Hey, I see alot of people doing really weird things looking for names? Well, I have the perfect solution, look in the language appendix of the Simarillion! There are 100+ name worthy words!

8. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    I had to explain to my mom what Fan fiction was to keep her from thinking I was doing some naughty stuff after my step-dad used my loginf or their computer to look at naughty pictures...

9. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    I don't know VadersMistress, sounds like your house needs another computer! LOL! You sound like my daughter with the t-shirts... she wound up with a collection of 12 after TPM and most of them are Darth Maul.

LOL!!! We have one right beside this one but the word program isn't right and doesn't have my stories. :(

I have plenty of SW t-shirts so I can relate to your daughter!!

VM, alot of those apply to me! Scary huh? Your MOM writes fic!! Lucky you, my mom just stares at me and shakes her head when I ramble on about my plots, she thinks it's "cute"

LOL! She thinks it's cute. That's too funny. My mom is VaderLVR64, I don't know if you knew that or not. My Mom and I constantly talk about the latest plot lines and we help each other decide where to go with our stories. She is my beta. :D Meanwhile, my Dad looks as if he wants to puke. He constantly rags on my Mom and I for writing Star Wars and for liking "Erma." (Ewan) One of my cats is named Obi and he always calls him Erma. Yeah, we're dorks but we're happy!

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Vadersmistress I have about 15 SW tshirts so I understand and my 16 year old has about 10 as well.

It must be nice to be able to talk with your Mom about plots. I try with my daughter but she's more into anime. She does read my stories, though!

11. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Ah well,us geeks must stick together. You know that you're a fic writer when,
    #1 Your Dad no longer asks what words like "kriff" mean.
    #2 You've converted your cousins to your particular "ship" and hated characters, even `tho they don't know what SW is!!
    #3 You can't listen to most songs without being attacked by a bunny.
    #4 You get up at 4 in the morning to finish your story, because you had a dream about it!!
    #5 Your 12 year old brother helps you with plots and can be bribed to help with fight scenes.
    #6 you understand the following: I got the idea for that J/J L/M ship fic when I was bit by the kriffing bunny in math class, it's AU and very ship-type mushy, I couldn't help it! That Sithin` bunny wouldn't leave me alone!

I'm sorry if these have been done before, just skimming!

12. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    You see a sign in the parking lot that says, "Reserved for ACD," and you decide that probably means, "Attack of the Clones Disorder," and then think, "I've got that."

13. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    You can't listen to most songs without being attacked by a bunny.
    #5 Your 12 year old brother helps you with plots and can be bribed to help with fight scenes.
    #6 you understand the following: I got the idea for that J/J L/M ship fic when I was bit by the kriffing bunny in math class, it's AU and very ship-type mushy, I couldn't help it! That Sithin` bunny wouldn't leave me alone!

We geeks do have to stick together. Remember, we are not a clique we are a snap.

Ha ha ha. I can relate to all of these! Especially #5! My brothers, 14 and 10, help me all of the time. And because I have about 15 lightsabers they help me with those too!

The song thing, yeah I can completely relate. My Mom and I fight over who gets to use which song. (Sigh) She always wins.

#6 is so true. I understood every word and so I am officially a SW geek. Alright!!! I am so cool.

You see a sign in the parking lot that says, "Reserved for ACD," and you decide that probably means, "Attack of the Clones Disorder," and then think, "I've got that."

LOL! I think I have that too!

14. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    You dig baby name books of your mom's out of the attic to fifnd the perfect name for a character... and get strange looks since you're waaaay too young to even be thinking about baby names.

:Targeter:

15. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    Guilty of that one, CNT, myself. I used to have about half-dozen or so in my personal reference library.

-- You're kicked out of english class for writing fanfic and not working on your Shakespear homework, and the resulting detenation turns into a long escape from a imperial outpost fic.

16. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    ...you're watching TV at your brother-in-law's parents' place, and you can't stop thinking about how much the volume bar on the TV looks like a lightsaber with a purple blade :D

~Abby~

17. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Where can I buy SW t-shirts?

You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when:
    ...You write 'May the Force Be With You!' on birthday cards.

...You take the head off a Yoda lego figure, punch a hole in it, and wear it as an earring.

18. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    OK, that is alittle strange! AT, that is so cool, maybe I ought to try it!

19. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

... you get mad at your parent's so you make OC's of them and then feed the said OC's to the Sarlacc

... your pastor says something durring a sermon and a pb bites you, so you scribble down the plot line in the margins of your Bible

:p

20. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Vadersmistress- Vaderlvr's your mom????? Didn't know that.

Wish I had a cool mom. My mom doesn't even know I write fanfiction. She just thinks I write.

21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when:
    ...You write 'May the Force Be With You!' on birthday cards.

Wait... what's so weird about that? ;)

Actually, my SW obsessed friends & I just abbreviate it: "MTFBWY!"

22. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Your mom doesn't ground you. No, she just takes away your notebooks and computer priviledges!

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    When you decide your daughter is hogging your computer time and you just HAVE to post a new chapter, so you invent chores for her to do. Not that I've ever done that! Just a hypothetical situation, you understand!

24. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    *smiles at Vader* We all believe you.

25. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    Mom, you so do DO that. I can't tell you how many chores she has told me that I "had" to do ASAP. *shakes her head in a disapproving manner* Mothers...