main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Jedi_Knight_Darkarna

Jedi_Knight_Darkarna Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2004
    You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Your family members constantly ask "So how much have you written today?"
    They make you do a work count and walk away shaking their head in disbelieve. :D

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    ...when you play hooky from school so you can sit at home and make some headway into your fics. Not that I have ever done that of course. Or am doing that today for that matter. Ahem...

New subject please! :p

...When you read anything and your eyes automatically catch any SW word at all. At ALL. :)

3. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    When you read anything and your eyes automatically catch any SW word at all. At ALL Or your ears when you hear something on TV, in a song or in a movie.

Other one. Your hometown is smack dab in the middle of a hurricane's projected path and one thought going through your brain is how can this work in a fic.

4. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    When you're in geometry class with your laptop and at the end of class, you have no idea what the teacher was talking about because you spent the entire time working on your stories while pretendin to copy down ntoes from the board.

:Targeter:

5. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Bad Vader!! ^^ All then time.

6. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    When your english teacher is interested in your fics and bugs you about why your essays aren't as good.

7. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

... you have an emotional break down 'cause a character dies and it's considered perfectly normal by your friends and family... :p

:(

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    You can't find the little USB drive with some fics on it that hadn't been saved on either the laptop or the PC, and you start going crazy and having an emotional breakdown, thinking you'll never get some of those creations back...

...and meanwhile, the school papers you did that are also on that little doodad are completely forgotten about. :p

:_|

9. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    -- When you rejoice in the death of a fanfav character, that leads to a call for a lynchmob for you by board members...okay this might just be me and my original-fic characters but I stand by my evilness darn-it

As for the USB dooddads...I hate those things. Call me a ludite (sp) but pen and paper never needs to be backed up and they never snap off your keychain.

10. PunkRockRebelTKDjo

PunkRockRebelTKDjo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2004
    Wow.. everyone's parents are all into this too... mine think I'm weird.

Loved the 'Skywalker 02' jersey thing. I was bored at football practice, and in my fan fic world, Mara and Tenel Ka play football, and I kept wondering how Tenel would write her name on her jersey and what nicknames she would have at practice (because, you know, everyone has to have one). That kept me entertained for hours. 'T K Djo', 'Chume Ta'a Djo', Tenel Ka, Chume, Nellka...

11. JediLeeora

JediLeeora Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2004
    When you force your friend to join TFN just so you could write fan fics and films with him. (Even though he might not want to...)
    When you can be inspired to write a fic just by making pancakes and some how turn it into a really good sadistic story. :)
    Ya me too...

12. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Wow.. everyone's parents are all into this too... mine think I'm weird.
    So do mine.

Anyways...

You know you're a fanfic writer...when you go to fairs and feel sorry for Yoda because he's too short to go on the rides-then make a story about it.

13. LeiaxHan4eva

LeiaxHan4eva Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2004
    Guilty of the sw curse words thing*sweatdrop*<BR>
    that thing from dj about the 600 word story was rockin dude.<BR>
    here's a few of my own<BR>

.......you blame yoda when you can't find you homework<BR>
    ........you construct a speeder entirely out of aluminum foil and attempt to drive it to work/school<BR>
    .....you've read all the english sw fics so you translate the japanese/german/spanish etc. ones<BR>
    ....You own at least one storm trooper suit and wear it to work<BR>
    .......you know what plot bunny means(i sure don't)<BR>
    IF SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE TO FIND SOME GOOD HAN/LEIA FICS MAIL ME!!!!!

14. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    --When you spend more time on the computer than sleeping, or doing anything else for that matter.

15. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    ... you are in the middle of your Maths class and you start writing a story where the main character is based on your teacher.

... you have dreams about your stories (don't know if anyone has already posted this one :p )

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    ...when, like a COMPLETE IDIOT, you hang your bag on a chair in a pizza joint in Times Square, for the first time ever not keeping it in your lap, and it gets stolen, only to be abandoned halfway down the block by the person who was just looking for some money, when your wallet is in your pocket, and you breathe a sigh of relief not because your keys and cell phone were in the bag, because after all the cell phone is a piece of crap, but because the little USB drive that you had just recently recovered was still in that bag, and you feared that you had once again lost your fics and this time for good.

But the Force was with me. :D

17. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    Yeah for Jade!

18. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    --When you spend more time on the computer than sleeping, or doing anything else for that matter

Um, *whistles*

Yes, me!!!!

19. sabrethejedicat

sabrethejedicat Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2004
    You see several animals in a pet supermarket, i.e. http://www.petsmart.com , http://www.petco.com , that an independent society displays there for adoption, like http://www.catnetwork.org/main.asp and you see how they got there....usually by abandonment, or being unable to care for them.....or some sort of godawful atrocity.... and you get so many story ideas.....

You go into a halloween superstore or a party warehouse, like http://www.partycity.com , during halloween or a major holiday...you get so much inspiration from the halloween costumes displayed....or the christmas lights....

You see a series/musical that has the power to be cross breeded with virtually anything (My Little Pony, Care Bears, Cats, Star Trek, X Files, Looney Tunes, Peanuts...) the first question that pops in your mind....how can I cross breed that with Star Wars?

20. JediLeeora

Jun 22, 2004
    Your best friends 5 yr. old sister commanders you and her brother to go as jedi for holloween as she goes as yoda. Then it inspires you to write a fan fic about yoda's younger years based off of your babysitting experince with the "Yoda wannabe". :)

21. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    When you identify Tunisia as Tatooine.

When you plan to travel to Naboo on your next holiday.

When all you want to discuss is the political aspects of Anakin's decision to dark side.

When you think of writing an application to the Jedi academy to get your midchlorians tested.

When thinking of writing the next post is reason enough to leave the party early and finding it strange when people don't seem to consider it as important.

When even the old Lady next to you has become quite aquanted with GGFA even though she has no idea about who spider man is.

When all your nieces and nephews send you star wars related stuff for birthday gifts.

Cussing is strictly forbidden in my house but I can thank Lucas for falling back heavily on the word 'Sith'. What would I do without it?

22. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    When you identify Tunisia as Tatooine.

And spend your days thinking of how you can scrape together enough money to go there, so you can tell everyone you've been to Tatooine. :p

23. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Math class? Characters based on my teacher? All the time.

Darth Magpie.

24. JediLeeora

Jun 22, 2004
    you memorized the name of most of the fanfiction websites you've ever visited. [face_blush]:D

25. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

forget the NAME... [face_blush] I've got the URL's to the different fanfic boards in the JC memorizedd... [face_blush]