main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    whiskers, that explains why I don't remember.

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I guess he wasn't very... *puts on sunglasses*

...Invincible.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! *dun da-da-dun!*

3. Trisdin Gheer

Trisdin Gheer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2013
    Ha. Yeah. It just seems to be a bit forgotten in the 'REASONZ WHY LOTF SUX' threads. Jacen gets his freaking arm cut off! By his sister!

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    When you feel terrible about misspelling the name of a species from one of your favorite fandoms in a fic and you pride yourself on being correct about that sort of thing. This has happened to me at least twice now. First I misspelled butchered the name of the Twi'lek Race. I have written it as Twi-lek, Twi-elk and Twi'elk and I think I have posted fics with one of these errors. [face_blush] And then the latest one was misspelling 'Gungan'.

I will be in the corner sulking

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Don't! It's spelled that way in the fanfic FAQ (which clearly never saw a spell checker) and I assumed it came from there...

...you wake up from a dream where an unknown user named "Boward" with a strange Scout Trooper avatar decided to comment on your story. The story, which so far contains only a lengthy prologue and two chapters, is branded by "Boward" as "the worst thing they have ever read" because of "constant mentions of a very non-GFFA thing, mozzarella". You don't remember mentioning mozzarella at any point in the story, yet it's all over the posts you made in the thread.

Once properly awake, after the first early morning Pepsi Max, you search the story for the word "mozzarella". O_O

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    *goes to the fridge to see if she can make an insalata caprese, because all that mozzarella needs to be used somehow* WHAT? :p

[face_whistling] [:D]

8. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Boward, such a troll he is. [face_laugh]
    (You sure it wasn't a crack fic about mozzarella? :p )

Random Comments and Ewok Poet like this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Isn't that a county in Florida or something?

And THE OTHER MOZZARELLA needs to happen. Emperor Palpatine places a giant, moist cheese in the orbit of the Forest moon of Endor and all.

10. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Broward county is, yes. :p

Is...that a crackfic of my crackfic or yours? [face_laugh]
    YKYAFFW when you think that's a good idea...

Random Comments and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    OK, I guess the guy who was so snobby about the story in my dream SPULLED HIS OWEN USERNOME WORNG.

And your crackfic is already a crackfic of my crackfic and now there is apparently a crackfic of your crackfic of my crackfic, so it's only fair that I do the same. :p AT LEAST NOW WE KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED, K? :p

12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
  13. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012

Make sure Boward has a cameo, but misspell his name constantly! :p

Yeah, I know. [face_laugh]
    There's another YKYAFFW. When your crackfic series is a crackfic of someone else's crackfic. [face_rofl] I'm not sure we can go any deeper.

14. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Bring in someon else to crackfic the crackfic series of someone else's crackfic...and have them break the fourth wall about it.

15. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012

Do I smell a volunteer...? 8-}

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    ...maybe...

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Pretty sure I lost the track at this point. Also, pretty sure that another thing that caused my dream must have been SatineNaberrie 's crackfic.

And pretty sure that this piece of art will be written this weekend, once I am done with the last minute...thing. [face_whistling]

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  18. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    At the very least, put some in as a personal Easter egg.

Admiral Volshe and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Eh, I tend to prefer leaning on the fourth wall over actually breaking it.

YKYAFFW when you actually dare to venture near the fourth wall at all! ;) :p

jcgoble3 and Admiral Volshe like this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

In the actual chapter? You just read it, from what I have seen in my notifications and...unless it's randomly on the table and not called mozzarella, I'm not sure if it fits.

whiskers likes this.
  21. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    YKYAFFW... when you read the conversation above and wonder how you can introduce glitterstim-laced cheese in your story, just for kicks.

22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    When you have to tell spellcheck that _________ is a word and no you don't want Dooku corrected to Duck or Dock. And then it turns against you wheen you try to do spelling from memory and instead of check ing just input it because it looks right and it's not. Sometimes you can't win with spellcheck. Next computer I get I will make doubly sure that ALL aliens and names are spelled correctly using Wook, Memory Alpha and other media wikis.

p. s. I am no longer sulking in the corner.

23. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Spellcheck can be hilarious when you first begin to use a new word processor. Half the time, you're going "add to dictionary. Add the plural to dictionary, etc."

Not the actual chapter in question, but somewhere in it. Oh well, it's the kind of thinking that happens at 11.

24. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    One thing I like about Wordpad (as a result of the purchased PCs applications only working for thirty days), as opposed to more sophisticated WP programmes, is that even if there is a dictionary - not seen it yet - it doesn't give a **** what you type; none of the adding alien race this, SW tech that, to the dictionary.

You type it. You format it. You post it.

25. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005

YKYAFFW when you read this and think great. :rolleyes: Now I have to make my OC lactose intolerant.

[face_laugh]

I really have to get a life.