main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    ....when someone (*cough* Findswoman *cough*) suggests you create your OC family in Legos...and you do it.
    [​IMG] Raissa: Doran Blayne, get that goofy smile off your face before you ruin another family holo!

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Annina in the front is adorbs, as expected. Raissa is just the way I would imagine her to be and Mara is so.sporty!

Raissa Baiard and Findswoman like this.
  3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    ...when your OCs are for you as much a part of SW as the main characters from the movies.

4. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    when you spend about 4 hours going through wayback machine to get your untruncated fics back for repost.
    And only successfully find one.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  5. ChieRynn

ChieRynn Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 17, 2017
    YES

Ewok Poet and whiskers like this.
  6. FireKeeper

FireKeeper Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2017
    When you kill off the canon characters you hate while giving better fates to the character you love, all while fully realising that what you're doing is a bad plot device overused by haters, but still doing it.

Also, when you forget about canon, see only your way of things, and then rage more and more the further these two drift away.

leiamoody likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I wondered why people were re-writing Episode One!

8. FireKeeper

Jun 23, 2017
    To me it's TFA and all that follows it rather than TPM. I don't consider TPM as bad as some make it out to be, and I think it's better than TFA.

I see no reason to hide the fact that I hate the direction Disney took the new trilogy( not talking about Rogue One here, just the sequels) , and think the special effects were one of the few good things about it ( the other being BB-8).

That's why I am writing a series of short stories that changes some things I didn't like, tries to develop the new characters( or at least Rey, I am not sure if I am able to include Finn and Poe as major characters with an already big cast, they will appear as minor characters though) that are IMO underdeveloped, and branches off as a storyline independent from the sequel trilogy and whatever craziness Jar Jar Abrams comes up with.

leiamoody likes this.
  9. FireKeeper

Jun 23, 2017
    Ooops, double post.

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    you search Youtube for the sound effects of an old style laser printer, and nod in satisfaction that you remembered the sound correctly.

11. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    the sound of "new" laser printer sound is different from "old laser printer?

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    While the laser printing shouldn't create too much noise compared to a dot matrix, or ink ribbon being punched; with some older laser printers, the act of selecting another piece of paper was noticeably audible and sometimes shook the whole printer, rather than the smooth, cool, equipment that we have today, that hum out multiple pages with barely any discernible noise.

Ewok Poet and DARTH_MU like this.
  13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    When you needed someone to explain the difference between different generations of printers.

DaenaBenjen42 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  14. FireKeeper

Jun 23, 2017
    When you get tempted to give your OC a love interest and a happy ending( instead of a bittersweet one as you've planned) because you've looked through the fanfics on AO3, seen people giving your hated canon character a love interest and a happy ending, got extremely jealous, and thought that if that bastard is allowed to get away with all he did, why not your OC?

DARTH_MU and Sith-I-5 like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    ...you feel empty and depressed for two months and then, in a day, you write more words than during the previous month. A small victory, but still a victory.

16. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    When those years of seething general rage and bad encounters with psychs influence a story that is weird but not weird enough to meet your standards. But you're trying to write it anyway.

divapilot likes this.
  17. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Double post durheyhey.

18. FireKeeper

Jun 23, 2017
    You have been planning to write a fic depicting a particular scene for weeks, then when you actually get to writing, you are lost, because you didn't envision the scene in details.

Also, when you rewrite your OC's backstory Force knows how many times just because too much of this coincides with that of a canon character, and even after that a huge part of it still coincides with that of a canon character, because changing any of these events messes up the story's consistency. At least in my case by canon character I mean a Legends character, and therefore not present in the continuity I am writing about... Yet.

19. FireKeeper

Jun 23, 2017
    Oops, double post.

20. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    You failed to stop the double post. So you joined it.

21. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    You failed to stop the double post. So you joined it.

oops double post :p

22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    ...when you realize you don't know the name of the towns your various sibling live in...but you know where your OC was born, raised and is currently living in a GFFA.

Sith-I-5 and Mistress_Renata like this.
  23. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...when you get inspired by Animal Planet and then don't quite know yet how to do it.

Gamiel and Mistress_Renata like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    When something like that happen to me I add the idea to my seven pages of world building bunnies, at least now when the World Building Bunnies thread is shot down :(

25. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    ....when you watch way too many drama serials and your fanfics turn into one of those 1000 episode serials filled with internal conflicts and other weird things.

DARTH_MU likes this.