main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You try to start a story for five weeks, and cannot type Word One, then out of the blue, thinking about it from the point of view of your two favourite OCs, and you have almost four pages typed in two days.

mavjade likes this.
  3. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    When your fanfic becomes your Master's thesis: forever working on it :p

4. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    ...when you write one story, get 2/3rds finished with it, then write up two spinoff stories hinted at in your main fic because you like that idea and want to flesh them out

...when you pick two random characters and start writing a scene that ships them together, even when they've either never interacted before or flat-out hate each other and you wind up turning it into a thousand-word snip by accident

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    ...when you're a little afraid to post the first chapter of a new story (will they like it? will they hate it? will they read it?)

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    ...when the same thing happens to you as to the character you're currently writing about in the chapter you're currently writing (namely coming down sick right before something Big and Important that you have to do In Front of a Lot of People). It couldn't have coincided better if I had planned it! :p

Ewok Poet and Mistress_Renata like this.
  7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    ... when your muse is nagging you to start writing your new fic before you can even outline part 2. Grrrrr.

8. Flyboy240

Flyboy240 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 6, 2017
    ...when you wonder what a furniture factory in the GFFA would be like

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    when you read some profic and begin to wonder if your meager offering sound trite.

Mistress_Renata and Chyntuck like this.
  10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    It doesn't. Keep writing!

Ewok Poet and Sith-I-5 like this.
  11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I think this aaaaall the time... of course, sometimes I read some profic and think, "Seriously? They're getting paid for that?"

gizkaspice and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yup. I've definitely experienced both of these feelings.

Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.
  13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...when you're left wondering "why does my fic want to go to such-and-so?" (I guess I shall find out...)

14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    ...you're discovering the joy of your brain working properly again after months and you can immerse yourself in other people's stories, like you used to! [face_love]

15. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    ...when you write profic just so you can maybe get published, maybe get your work optioned for a screenplay, and maybe get one of the actors from a Star Wars property to play one of your characters on screen (for me, any of the actors from The Clone Wars TV series...or from Rebels).

16. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    ...when you write to profic just so you can maybe get published, maybe get your work optioned for a screenplay, and maybe get one of the actors from a Star Wars property to play one of your characters on screen (for me, any of the actors from The Clone Wars TV series...or from Rebels).

17. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    ...when you want to write profic just so you can maybe get published, maybe get your work optioned for a screenplay, and maybe get one of the actors from a Star Wars property to play one of your characters on screen (for me, any of the actors from The Clone Wars TV series...or from Rebels).

(I've been watching some interviews with Clone Wars actors and am just in absolute friggin awe how talented these people are...)

18. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ...when you start reading up on the legal system in place for what happens if a District Attorney who put a lot of actual criminals away turns out to also be a criminal. (So those judgments really could be overturned. Huh...)

Sith-I-5 and Findswoman like this.
  19. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    ... when you post a fic and people accept a detail in it into their personal headcanon.

20. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ...when you find yourself reading the Wikipedia entry on the International Criminal Court for the third time and also weather or not there are still transatlantic cruises. (There are. Yay!)

21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    ...when you read DaenaBenjen42 's entry above, and have a small moment of pleasure at her mention of 'transatlantic cruises'; all because you are writing about an ocean cruise yourself, and it isn't even the same ocean!

22. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    ...when you have inspiration for two fics, but the fingers won't do the walking.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    ...when you have two fics that you have posted the first chapter of and should be working on but instead you are working on your other, not-jet posted fics

24. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    ...you see a headline saying that 'shippers' oppose lowering the Jones Act and you wonder why any any fan-fiction writer would oppose blocking aid to Puerto Rico. Then you realize they're talking about shipping companies.

25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ...when it takes four rounds of outtakes for the point of a silly thing to become apparent. (As it turns out... NOT that silly.)

Findswoman likes this.