Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Yup. I've definitely experienced both of these feelings.
    Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    ...when you're left wondering "why does my fic want to go to such-and-so?" (I guess I shall find out...)
    Findswoman and Mistress_Renata like this.
  3. Ewok Poet Force Ghost

star 5
    ...you're discovering the joy of your brain working properly again after months and you can immerse yourself in other people's stories, like you used to! [face_love]
  4. leiamoody Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    ...when you write profic just so you can maybe get published, maybe get your work optioned for a screenplay, and maybe get one of the actors from a Star Wars property to play one of your characters on screen (for me, any of the actors from The Clone Wars TV series...or from Rebels).
  5. leiamoody Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    ...when you write to profic just so you can maybe get published, maybe get your work optioned for a screenplay, and maybe get one of the actors from a Star Wars property to play one of your characters on screen (for me, any of the actors from The Clone Wars TV series...or from Rebels).
  6. leiamoody Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    ...when you want to write profic just so you can maybe get published, maybe get your work optioned for a screenplay, and maybe get one of the actors from a Star Wars property to play one of your characters on screen (for me, any of the actors from The Clone Wars TV series...or from Rebels).

(I've been watching some interviews with Clone Wars actors and am just in absolute friggin awe how talented these people are...)
    Last edited by leiamoody, Sep 15, 2017
  7. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    ...when you start reading up on the legal system in place for what happens if a District Attorney who put a lot of actual criminals away turns out to also be a criminal. (So those judgments really could be overturned. Huh...)
    Sith-I-5 and Findswoman like this.
  8. Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    ... when you post a fic and people accept a detail in it into their personal headcanon.
    Last edited by Lady_Misty, Sep 17, 2017
  9. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    ...when you find yourself reading the Wikipedia entry on the International Criminal Court for the third time and also weather or not there are still transatlantic cruises. (There are. Yay!)
    Last edited by DaenaBenjen42, Sep 22, 2017
  10. Sith-I-5 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ...when you read @DaenaBenjen42 's entry above, and have a small moment of pleasure at her mention of 'transatlantic cruises'; all because you are writing about an ocean cruise yourself, and it isn't even the same ocean!
  11. brodiew Jedi Master

star 5
    ...when you have inspiration for two fics, but the fingers won't do the walking.
  12. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 6
    ...when you have two fics that you have posted the first chapter of and should be working on but instead you are working on your other, not-jet posted fics
  13. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    ...you see a headline saying that 'shippers' oppose lowering the Jones Act and you wonder why any any fan-fiction writer would oppose blocking aid to Puerto Rico. Then you realize they're talking about shipping companies.
  14. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    ...when it takes four rounds of outtakes for the point of a silly thing to become apparent. (As it turns out... NOT that silly.)
    Findswoman likes this.
  15. gizkaspice Jedi Knight

star 2
    ......when you start wondering...what if everyone in SW had a cat? and are cats related to loth-cats and tookas or are some kind of lost descendants or subspecies? Is there like, a planet with only cats on it? Only fanfic can answer these crucial questions....
  16. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    Last edited by DaenaBenjen42, Oct 2, 2017
  17. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I always like to put cats in fanfic stories! I'm sure they're Force sensitive.
    Raissa Baiard and Findswoman like this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade