main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Woah, okay guys. Let's remember no one owes anyone reviews and that asking for them is against the rules.

People get busy and don't always get to review things they've been commenting on, or said they would comment on. It happens, try not to dwell on it. The vast majority of the time it's not a comment on your story or your talent, it's just life.

So let's move on and keep this thread to it's intended purpose.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

So, how does one deal with this? Asking for a friend. ;)

3. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'll be damned if I know... :p

I'm just kinda "forcing" myself to work on one of them and attempting to ignore the siren's call of the other stuff.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    ... when you are making a sandwich and thinking about a fic you've just read and how one little moment touched you so deeply and then you realize why, and then you start bawling your eyes out (and then your housemate looks at you like you are having a complete mental break).

mavjade I'll tell you why next time you update (which I know will be tomorrow). But this is me now and it is all your fault!

[​IMG]

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ...when you must address this shocking, horrible, (un)expected thing with a poem...but you can't noun and you can't verb.

mavjade and Findswoman like this.
  6. LandingGirl05

LandingGirl05 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 6, 2005
    ...when you can't do prose and get stuck in poem format for more than a week, and everything keeps landing on the dark side of the force.

7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    ...when each RPG session with friends gives you several ideas for new fanfic projects.

Mistress_Renata and Gamiel like this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    ...when you start thinking of doing fics to cater for your RP characters where the game has faltered due to RL.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    ...when you start thinking of doing fics to cater for your RP characters where the game has faltered due to RL.

10. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Probably said before, but here goes, anyway...

...when you accidentally refresh a tab where you've been trying to leave five thoughtful replies on a complicated story. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.mp3

12. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

a) The regular backup is always at 08.00 your time and lasts about 30 minutes to one hour.

b) Do it. ;) And keep a backup of it in Evernote.

14. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm sorry!!! [:D]

I did that the other day as well. I've learned to copy my reply before I hit post so it doesn't happen again. I don't do it all the time, but I'm trying to.

YKYAFFWW.... you consider taking a notebook to the movie theater because you hope the new movie will spark your muse and you are afraid you don't write them down as soon as the movie ends, you'll forget whatever might have come to you. :p

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    ....you want people to stop discussing the movie because it’s breaking the boards and you have a new story to post :p

...you write a story putting your favorite character into some uncomfortable and embarrassing situations and you find yourself promising him you’ll write some mush to make up for it.

17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ...you count the days until you can post the next chapter of one of your stories, because IT HAS AN ILLUSTRATION. ZOMG.

Heeeey, I do this ALL the time. :D

18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    (triple post - tnx, boards!)

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    (triple post...)

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I am not sure if this is necessarily a fanfic writer thing, or more a fanon [thread] thing, but I re-purposed the transparent travel globe thing from Jurassic World, for a GFFA land and sea-based escape pod.

Seeing one of those ideas basically visualised in the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom trailer, is fairly awesome.

As soon as I capture some of that footage, it's getting added to my Fanon piece.

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ...you have an idea on how to give an "ascended extra" a larger role in the big picture. :D

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    (double post - curse you, Xenforo! :p)

23. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    ...when your muse decides to make your MC have the same real life job as you do.

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ...you're typing six story replies, three sets of replies to comments on your stories and five private messages and, while you're vacuuming the room, the computer goes to sleep. You keep on pressing "Enter" and clicking your mouse, but nothing happens. The on and off button doesn't do anything, either and you're Force'd to reboot.

Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid.

25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    (Double post, because 502...)