main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You watch the trailers for The Meg , and think an elaborate undersea base, and a massive shark, would be a suitable premise for Darth Enemy.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  2. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    ...your new OC is impatient for you to get to the part of the story where you introduce her. :D

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    ...you have to post that chapter. THE CHAPTER. I mean, THE ONE AND ONLY CHAPTER, yet you're not even done with the corrections yet. BUT IT'S THE CHAPTER, CHAPTER, THE CHAPTER. OMG. [face_nail_biting][face_monkey]

4. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    You've spent so long reading, rereading and editing your story that you can't see typos or spelling errors any more [face_hypnotized]

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    But someone else finds them anyway! [face_blush]

6. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    When your characters decided to get together and all want you to write a fanfic series about their lives as Jedi investigators/detectives (I swear they must have been watching SVU or Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    You play with the sounds of random words — nepotism, caloric, errata — and wonder if you can make a SW-y character name out of them.

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You're talking to somebody who said GARGAMEL instead of CARAMEL the other day. In two different languages. In other words, you're home. :D

9. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    ...your vacation provides the basis for the food and landscape for one of your stories.
    ...you research dissociative amnesia, the social structure of wolf packs, the plant life of tropical grasslands and basalt columns for the same story.

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, how I love fanfic research, and I will never get tired of people sharing their research topics here! :D My recent one had to do with the process of separating ore from nonmetallic of rock and earth after it has been mined—a task that was often done by women and children in preindustrial times—and so I currently have a 1556 mining treatise on my desk, featuring some wicked cool woodcut illustrations that I bet I could make figure in my mental prompt somehow if I tried:

[​IMG]

11. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    When you look back over your past writings and discover just how dark and depressing some of them were[face_nail_biting]:eek:

Lady_Misty and Mistress_Renata like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Never be ashamed of who you are. Moderate and severe depression - whether a single episode or recurring - are the kind of things I would not wish on anybody and they do different things to different people. In my case, I could not write at all, I even struggled to leave any kind of a comment or have a chat. I could not type an email. You had a filter, you wrote what was a reflection of your own fight, your own darkness and the resulting fiction is a look deep within your own soul, there is a part of you woven in the fabric of that story. :)

13. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    Thank you so, so much EP - you have no idea how much that means for me to hear that [face_blush]

I will send you a PM about the two stories that came about due to my mind and imagination going somewhere they had not gone before.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Feel free to. @};- And don't leave. I'm weird and I get scared. [face_blush]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Kyber Acyk likes this.
  15. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    ...when I fellow writer( @Chyntuck) insists on a certain story (Poldo) and you snap to and get it going that very day. ^:)^ [face_hypnotized] [:D]

16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OUT LOUD. LOUD.

When Space Mom and Dad are definitely an RL thing. [face_laugh] ^:)^ Fact. [face_laugh]

18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ...you ponder a whole set of drabbles about nothing but Loth-wolves. [face_love]

19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    ...when your idea and your keyboard are not in sync. [face_waiting] [face_sigh][face_plain]

20. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    When a popular Sith OC of yours says her last fight was highly unfair and she now wants you to write a new story where she finally gets revenge on her former apprentice... :eek:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ..you didn't wash your hair and scrub the parquet in your room, or put a bunch of clothes back in the closet...because fanfic! [face_rofl][face_blush]

22. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    ...you always have ideas for at least three new stories on your mind.

23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ...when the choice between reading more or writing more is a daily, painful struggle! Choices, choices...so many fics, so little time! [face_sigh]

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Balance in the Force is important. :p

25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    It's okay to be weird. Honestly, I sometimes doubt wether normal is a thing that actually exists. I think everybody is weird in their own way. Some people are just a different kind of weird than others.

CaraJinn, brodiew and Ewok Poet like this.