main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    ...when you've had too much coffee and are anxious to post anything, but forcing it only makes it worse. [face_coffee][face_hypnotized][face_nail_biting]
    ...When you want to add a post to a Kanera story, but feel guilty for skipping the battle you added as a cliffie to the first post. :hera::kanan:
    ...when Will Byers of Stranger Things is begging you to make him stronger, but your attention span is paper thin.:anakin:
    ...when you are rereading your last drabble thread and you want to expand on a few of those ideas, but...
    ...when you're wondering when would ever use the [face_cow] emoji.
    ...when...[face_dunno]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I use that one pretty often. ;)

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    TV channel runs a clip compilation of monster movies, and a millisecond clip of Lex in the original Jurassic Park, has you thinking she would be perfect for Snoke's niece!

Your work-in-progress update, is a tantalising 390 words short of your preferred minimum word count.

AzureAngel2, Ewok Poet and pronker like this.
  4. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Writing deprivation sets in after a week too focused on work and RL.

5. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Yep. Same here.

6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ...you're wondering how to get it all out of your head by writing a romcom type of fic, because you're too scared to write an original story. [face_nail_biting]

7. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    You are about to go to bed and a minor Xanatos-plot suddenly appears in your brain. *less sleep to come *

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    When you wanna do a DDC of your RP OC [face_dancing] and you HAVE TO bring Kanan & Hera into the mix. [face_love] Because. ^:)^

9. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ..when you refuse to slow down, despite accidentally slicing open one of your fingers....

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    OUCH OUCH ouchouchouch! :eek: Heal up soon, @Ridley Solo!

My YKY of the day concerns writing not one but two follow-up vignettes to a story that’s otherwise self-contained, and then angsting about how to classify them and post them: same thread or different? Count as separate stories or not? Etc., etc.

11. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    ...when you discover that incredible annoying typo in something you already have posted, and it's continuing to annoy you the rest of the day. :-B

12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    One of the great things about the Fanfic forum is that it has unlimited post edit time, in case that helps. :)

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    It did. But the story is posted another place too.... And besides, typos are embarrassing. *still annoyed at myself*

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've done that with something I posted years ago, and yes, I still fixed it!

Tarsier likes this.
  15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    ...when the male perspective comes easier than the female in your latest love connection. :p

16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    COME AND HELP ME.

I'm not kidding. O_O

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...when, after a week or so of watching drama on twitter, you're wondering how to work in a reference to a politically-motivated and shallow enmasse boycott into story. (It would totally make sense in-story for Stark Industries to suffer some kind of fallout...)

AzureAngel2 and Mistress_Renata like this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ...when you get more inspiration for your main OC, from your own stupidity. :p

AzureAngel2 and CaraJinn like this.
  19. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    ....you get into Mush Mode and you just have to keep writing Kanera mush. :kanan: :hera:
    ....you know @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha will squee over that. ;)

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, I will.

[face_dancing]

What is it when you're reading someone else's great!!! Ezra-fic, like it's not Raissa's, but you wanna insert the Blaynes in there anywah? :oops: That's because. They're established characters already.
    So when the lines between fanon and canon get blurred, it's genius time! =D=

21. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    You get no sleep because you are busy creating sequels in your own fanon for your characters' offspring *dozes off on my keyboard*

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ....when your elaborate May 4th plans keep getting put off because of rewriting one of your old-but-popular fics. :p
    ....when you spend your entire Sunday afternoon writing and forget whatever else it was you were supposed to be doing. 8-}

23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    When you have more plot bunnies than you can count bouncing around in your head.

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Post that already or I'll burn myself alive. :eek:

Rethink your life. :obiwan:

EDIT: In case my humour does not come across here - I'm kidding. ;)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Kyber Acyk and Ridley Solo like this.
  25. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    ...when a certain green skinned Twi'lek has gotten under your skin, but you're still wondering what to write.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018