1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (16th-18th June), Perth (23rd-25th June)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (1st-2nd July), Brisbane (23rd-24th September)

FF:QLD You know you're a geek when...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ...after getting into a group discussion about Dr Sam Beckett's catchphrase of "Oh boy..." on Quantum Leap, and Will Smith's catch phrase of "Oh HELL No!" in pretty much any of his action films, you realise you could cut together a convincing trailer using a montage of Will Smith action film scenes to make it look like he starred in a new series of Quantum Leap.

Yes, we were that drunk last night...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  2. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight

star 5
    I want to see that trailer.
  3. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight

star 5
    YKYAGW...

you just can't stop quoting Star Wars quotes :rolleyes:
  4. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ...upon hearing about the God damn fraking stupid way your favourite comic book character just got gakked, you have only one response:

To throw back your head, shake your fist and scream [link=http://www.khaaan.com/]KHAAAN!![/link]

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  5. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Understandable though. I think I just gaped in shock at that one.
  6. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    YKYAGW you look at the cover of the GA/BC wedding special comic, and all you can think of is that nerf arrows (for lack of a more accurate description) do not stick to skin. [face_thinking]
  7. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ...you're considering blowing good booze money on somehow getting to [link=http://www.popcorntaxi.com.au/event.php?event_id=555]this screening.[/link]

I hate living in a cultural backwater.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  8. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    When you strangley find yourself wanting stuff like [link=http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1981&src_t=wnp]this [/link]
  9. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    YKYAGW someone rearranges the furniture and your first and only thoughts are, "Gah! Someone's reconfigured the couch settings!"
  10. Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sorry haven't ventured to this thread in a while. That Vader Death Star is MOST awesome.

YKYAGW:
    You're considering collectin LOTS of muppets figurines now you own a couple. Just so well made.
    My geek collections do seem to be based on cute versions of things..Star Wars Galactic Heroes, SW transformers and a cool Babushka SW doll tihngy from Kit, and muppet figurines. Oh and there is that collection of painted orcs and dwarves. Hmm..can I deny my geekiness for much longer.
  11. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Collecting stuff means you're in pretty deep, K - might as well come to terms with and embrace your geekiness :p
  12. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ...you wear a battered brown fedora whilst playing Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  13. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight

star 5
    YKYAGW you write [link=http://wiki.thatchickensite.com/index.php?title=Really_Lame_Mythology]pages like this[/link] for the Wiki about Popular Humour Website The Rubber Chicken (PHWSTRC).

I think this is about as Meta as it's possible to get. It's a wiki entry providing an overview of the nonexistent continuity in the in-jokey podcast/website that the wiki exists to describe. AND most of said continuity has come from the wiki itself, including one or two things first mentioned in this page.

*Waits for universe to implode*
  14. General Cargin Jedi Master

star 4
    Well... if the universe explodes, I suspect the accompanying sound effect will be a wet sounding pop, similar to the Windows XP Balloon.wav, but appropriately wetter and louder.
  15. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The universe won't necessarily implode - I prefer to go with the theory in events like this that the universe will instead replace itself with an even weirder universe.
  16. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, but that already happened...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  17. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It happens every time you get somewhere early, Cap'n.
  18. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight

star 5
    YKYAGW you get a tickle out of the fact that they date is 11/3/08.
  19. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    YKYAGW you spend a considerable amount of time mapping out vague ideas to create a CCG based on the characters and anecdotes from your own life... (And I don't even play card games!)
  20. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    YKYAGW you get excited about 20 year old electronics.

BBN, you'll love this - I walked into the house today to the "Preeeoww" chorus of what could only be a 20 year old printer. The Paper lives! My Grandmother uses this printer for all of her tax documents, and some how this thing is still quite alive.
  21. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Heh...and I still use Dot Matrix printers at work.
  22. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ...you think your friend's idea of a season of 24 where Doctor Samuel Beckett leaps into Jack Bauer for one day and solves a typical CTU problem with Science! (tm) plus his marksmanship and aikido skills while Bauer tries to break out of Project: Quantum Leap after beating up Al is up there with some of the greatest ideas ever :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  23. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    YKYAGW you receive an email at work about "Jelly Baby Month," and you think, "a month devoted to the most popular classic Doctor Who Doctor?" [face_thinking] :eek:

After a few seconds of reading I realised in a deflated fashion, "Oh, juvenile diabetes."
  24. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Now now, two birds with one stone and all that. There's no reason why it couldn't be in honour of both.
  25. Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    YKYAG..or a geeks girlfriend when:

You see an Optimus Prime Ipod Docking bay and consider getting him an Ipod just to get the accessory.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.