main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

All the best for the Holiday Season!

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (20th-22nd April), Gold Coast (27th-29th April)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (9th-10th June), Brisbane (22nd-23rd September), Sydney (29th-30th September)

2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

FF:QLD You know you're a geek when...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    ...after getting into a group discussion about Dr Sam Beckett's catchphrase of "Oh boy..." on Quantum Leap, and Will Smith's catch phrase of "Oh HELL No!" in pretty much any of his action films, you realise you could cut together a convincing trailer using a montage of Will Smith action film scenes to make it look like he starred in a new series of Quantum Leap.

Yes, we were that drunk last night...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I want to see that trailer.

3. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    YKYAGW...

you just can't stop quoting Star Wars quotes :rolleyes:

4. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    ...upon hearing about the God damn fraking stupid way your favourite comic book character just got gakked, you have only one response:

To throw back your head, shake your fist and scream [link=http://www.khaaan.com/]KHAAAN!![/link]

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Understandable though. I think I just gaped in shock at that one.

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKYAGW you look at the cover of the GA/BC wedding special comic, and all you can think of is that nerf arrows (for lack of a more accurate description) do not stick to skin. [face_thinking]

7. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    ...you're considering blowing good booze money on somehow getting to [link=http://www.popcorntaxi.com.au/event.php?event_id=555]this screening.[/link]

I hate living in a cultural backwater.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    When you strangley find yourself wanting stuff like [link=http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1981&src_t=wnp]this [/link]

9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKYAGW someone rearranges the furniture and your first and only thoughts are, "Gah! Someone's reconfigured the couch settings!"

10. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Sorry haven't ventured to this thread in a while. That Vader Death Star is MOST awesome.

YKYAGW:
    You're considering collectin LOTS of muppets figurines now you own a couple. Just so well made.
    My geek collections do seem to be based on cute versions of things..Star Wars Galactic Heroes, SW transformers and a cool Babushka SW doll tihngy from Kit, and muppet figurines. Oh and there is that collection of painted orcs and dwarves. Hmm..can I deny my geekiness for much longer.

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Collecting stuff means you're in pretty deep, K - might as well come to terms with and embrace your geekiness :p

12. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    ...you wear a battered brown fedora whilst playing Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

13. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    YKYAGW you write [link=http://wiki.thatchickensite.com/index.php?title=Really_Lame_Mythology]pages like this[/link] for the Wiki about Popular Humour Website The Rubber Chicken (PHWSTRC).

I think this is about as Meta as it's possible to get. It's a wiki entry providing an overview of the nonexistent continuity in the in-jokey podcast/website that the wiki exists to describe. AND most of said continuity has come from the wiki itself, including one or two things first mentioned in this page.

*Waits for universe to implode*

14. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Well... if the universe explodes, I suspect the accompanying sound effect will be a wet sounding pop, similar to the Windows XP Balloon.wav, but appropriately wetter and louder.

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    The universe won't necessarily implode - I prefer to go with the theory in events like this that the universe will instead replace itself with an even weirder universe.

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Yeah, but that already happened...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    It happens every time you get somewhere early, Cap'n.

18. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    YKYAGW you get a tickle out of the fact that they date is 11/3/08.

19. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKYAGW you spend a considerable amount of time mapping out vague ideas to create a CCG based on the characters and anecdotes from your own life... (And I don't even play card games!)

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKYAGW you get excited about 20 year old electronics.

BBN, you'll love this - I walked into the house today to the "Preeeoww" chorus of what could only be a 20 year old printer. The Paper lives! My Grandmother uses this printer for all of her tax documents, and some how this thing is still quite alive.

21. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Heh...and I still use Dot Matrix printers at work.

22. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    ...you think your friend's idea of a season of 24 where Doctor Samuel Beckett leaps into Jack Bauer for one day and solves a typical CTU problem with Science! (tm) plus his marksmanship and aikido skills while Bauer tries to break out of Project: Quantum Leap after beating up Al is up there with some of the greatest ideas ever :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

23. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    YKYAGW you receive an email at work about "Jelly Baby Month," and you think, "a month devoted to the most popular classic Doctor Who Doctor?" [face_thinking] :eek:

After a few seconds of reading I realised in a deflated fashion, "Oh, juvenile diabetes."

24. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Now now, two birds with one stone and all that. There's no reason why it couldn't be in honour of both.

25. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    YKYAG..or a geeks girlfriend when:

You see an Optimus Prime Ipod Docking bay and consider getting him an Ipod just to get the accessory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.