main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know you're a geek when...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    YKYAGW on being told that you should take a beanie or something warm for your head to a colder climate, you think that your battered brown fedora will suit the job nicely. It's wool felt, it's the same thing, right? :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    YKYAGW...the elevator in the car park has GLaDOS's voice...
    [face_worried]

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    YKYAGW:

You decide to read the BSG threads on the sci-fi channel forums.

YKY not THAT sort of geek, when you Stop reading after one thread because those people are nitpickingly discussing military regulations. GAH.

4. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YKYAGW you recognise the voice actors of minor NPCs between games... in this instance, the voice actor of the main guy in Painkiller, is also the voice actor of NPC Pavel, the guy you run around with in the tutorial part of Neverwinter Nights, never to be seen again thereafter.

5. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    That's nothing. One of the main NPCs in Mass Effect is Carth Onasi from KotOR. The guy is actually a really interesting character, but the voice makes him hard to take seriously. :p

Anyway, YKYAGW you want to make a YKWG post about the warm and fuzzy feeling a new video card gives you. I decided it would be better understood here, however. Though can I say: Crysis at 1680 x 1050, everything on high, 60+ fps? =P~

6. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Sweeet =D=

And where are the specs??

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

7. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    The video card is an ATI Radeon HD 4870, but the most vital statistic is that it's less than $350. It outperforms nVidia's newest card that costs $100 more. I can heartily recommend it to anyone presently in the market.

8. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    YKYAGW you:

9. Loch-doubt

Loch-doubt Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2008
    YKYAGW

You know that the mayor from the new batman movie was once 'batmanuel' from 'the tick'. And you think it's cool.

10. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    And you think it's cool.

+1.

11. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    YKYAGW:

You can read and write The Aurebesh fluently. (Otherwise known as Galactic Standard Basic). :p

12. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    ...when you use a website name in the verb sense.

13. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    as in..Google..it?

That's in the dictionary now isn't it meaning to search the internet?

Anyway..YKYAGW:
    My mobile rang at work yesterday, Indiana Jones theme, and people who've never even heard my ringtone called my name presuming it was mine.

14. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Yes, it is. Maybe I should have said something other than Googling.

IMDBing, to be precise.

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    ykyagw:

You have a conversation with your partner on star wars boards when you're in the same general house vicinity... :)

16. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YKYAGW...

You hear the man on the TV talking about a Democrat Convention over in the US, and start a) wondering what kind of costumes one would wear to that kind of con, or b) imagining politians dressing in silly outfits, before the brain kicks in and tells you it's probably not that kind of convention...

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm thinking John Mcain in a Palpatine costume...

YKYAGW you deliberately make a message board post from your iPod touch just because you can, even though you're sitting right next to a computer.

18. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    ykyagw you make a post on boards on the bus on your iphone, just because you can.

19. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I think I sensed some one-upmanship there...

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    YKYAGW it's August 29th, and you want to raise a glass of something appropriate to those uncertain and non-existent souls who would have lost their lives in a divergent timeline 11 years ago.

Here's to getting through another Judgement Day! Though we may have to start marking April 19, given that's the new date. However I'll always remember it as August 29th, if only cos two girls I dated shared their birthdays with that date :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    You're a man with many interesting life stories, Magnus. A good anecdoter, perhaps is the term.

I say we raise a glass to the woman who stopped it in this timeline. Sarah Connor: you're a knockout gal. Keep up the good work. Watch out for the lukemia.

22. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    A good anecdoter, perhaps is the term.

No, I'm more of a raconteur :p

Anyway, you won't hear anymore stories about those girls, except that one was my first girlfriend, and the other was a girl I met during what my friend Andrew charitably calls "My Pulp Adventuring Days", where I hung with men named Fritz, lounge singers named Adelaide, and tipped a lot of cards into hats :p

But, yes, your suggestion is noted and accepted. To Sarah Connor! May her shotgun never run out of shells!

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

23. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Touche. :p

24. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Just to clarify: you dated them at different times, right? Because I'm now getting the mental image of you strolling into a smoky blues lounge with a femme fatale on either arm. You wink at the pianist, who recognises his cue for Minnie the Moocher, then greet the barman by his first name and order The Usual: a tall glass of milk with ice and a drop of Bailey's. The other regulars know better than to ask. Not since Black Tuesday.

25. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Ha! Yes, different times. Thanks for the mental image, but I was never that cool :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.