main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know you're a geek when...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos92

Chaos92 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    YKYAGW your looking for a star wars character for scattergories, whose name stars with R, and you mutter control f when looking in a book in a library. And then you feel really stupid when your friend says "You don't know what you're looking for though."

2. Chaos92

Chaos92 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    YKYAGW your looking for a star wars character for scattergories, whose name stars with R, and you mutter control f when looking in a book in a library. And then you feel really stupid when your friend says "You don't know what you're looking for though."

3. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    I feel so proud of that moment!

4. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    YKYA80sGW

The news that William Katt is starting up a comic book company to produce a Greatest American Hero comic mini-series excites you a bit too much.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

5. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    YKYAGW....

You're reading a scrapbooking magazine, in which they've used random book pages as embellishment/background paper. You start to reconstruct the sentences that are covered up and after seeing the words, 'Snodgrass; Jo; and Laurie' realise that they've used pages from Little Women. You then lament the passing of such a beloved book!! It's sacrilege to use such a classic book as.... embellishment!! (unless it was a scrapbooking page that was about your love for the book, or about costumes from the book/movie....)

6. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Never fear, I'm sure there was more than one copie ever printed :p

7. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    YKYAGW... You make comment on a "Star Wars Evolutions" pack, that the photos of the figures on the back show Luke with his green ROTJ sabre, but the figure in the pack inexplicably has a green blade on a Luke/Anakin ANH hilt, a hilt that never had a green blade...
    Maybe it'll be worth a fortune in a few years...
    And maybe one day I'll get a life...

8. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Well then... it's movie accurate to the dvd release of the Special Editions. I distinctly remember the scene in the Falcon when Luke is learning how to use the lightsabre, that it has a green blade when earlier in Ben's hut, it had a blue blade.

9. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It's an artifact from the super-rushed cleanup job they did on ANH to soup it up for DVD. It's not the only weird colour problem in the DVD version, but it's the most visible. They just didn't give the dude who did it enough time. Other than that, it's frankly astounding how good the cleanup job is. The picture quality is fantastic.

YKYAGW you know that...

10. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    YKYAGW...when you and your friends laugh about ineundos including joysticks, floppy drives, RAM, input and output etc

11. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    YKYAGW... You have to explain half of this thread to a friend.

12. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YKY... a bit of a dork when you get all misty-eyed at a particularly nice excel template you can use to dump some hard to read financial reports into. *sniffles* sooo preeeetttty... [face_love]

13. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    That's beautiful.

14. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    ...you nickname the blonde and the brunette who live in the apartment across from your friend's "Starbuck" and "Boomer" respectively :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    ... when you start singing that song about... boating or something when canoeing is suggested as a great way of travelling down the river-like streets during the storm.

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    You flatter both myself and the podcast I've been known to asociate with.

17. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    ... when you enjoy reading/watching/experiencing second-hand breakdowns/featurettes/etc rather than the book/movie/etc than said medium is based around. (Eg. the making of featurettes of the Alien movies or LotR, or Cleolinda's hillarious deconstructions of the Twilight series).

18. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    YKYAGW....

You're talking about some of the costumes you've made/are making/want to make and even your fellow costume students look at you like you're strange/a geek :p

Yes I think I have officially outted myself as a massive Geek at TAFE :p Costume/scifi/fantasy Geek :p

They hadn't even heard the term Costume Pron!! *gasp*

19. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    To be fair though, the idea of "costume pron" is a little disturbing... Just like the little excited noises one of the ACG ladies makes when she's keen on a costume. Kinda freaks me out. [face_worried]

20. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Is costume pron like when they dress up in nurse's uniforms and stuff?[face_whistling]

21. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Guys at work are a little geeky, and one of them is even a bit anal and o/c like me. Has about 10 different trays on his desk built up like a fort for various things. Comment was made to him:

" so does this pile make a cool sound and turn into Voltron or Bumblebee or something"
    and all 3 of us made the transformer noise and burst into laughter whilst the rest of the office gave us that look.

Guess it wasn't real funny but small geek moments, in an otherwise CRAP day, help.

22. glenjamin7

glenjamin7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2009
    Checkout this sweet video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6JkfyVOQog

23. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004

No YOU check out MY sweet link
    Click here for ownage

24. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Hmmmm, should I worry that I actaully remember that tune when it was first released? [face_worried]

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    ... When on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays you're hanging around the xkcd website at 2:30, just in case the weekly comic goes up earlier, and feeling a little annoyed that it doesn't update precisely on 3pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.