main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun You know you're a nerd when...

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 18, 2013.

1. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    I may have to check. I don't have any iproducts, however I think it may be on Amazon prime or Vudu. Possibly even Google Play (Android girl).I love having a smart tv.

I

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You hear people discussing Pokémon in the break room, and you walk up to them going "but I wanted an Agumon".

Actually, that's when you're being a troll.

Master_Lok likes this.
  3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I just checked: Both google play and Amazon offer Hidden Fortress and several other Kurosawa and Japanese Criterion films for rental. :) Alas, I have a dumb tv, but it becomes smarter when I use my all region blu ray / dvd player. :p

and another you know you're a nerd when you can recognize classic monster tropes in the literature you're currently reading. The Frankenstein angry mob for example.

IamZam likes this.
  4. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    All the time. I hate it when I know how it's going to end less than half way thru.

I may check some of those out after I catch up on Game of Thrones and decide if I want to pay for Season 4 of Orphan Black.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    When you want to know where you can buy this lamp:

[​IMG]

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you neglect the boarding and bagging of comics for 3 weeks and a pile of superheroes is forming to an epic mountain...and you like it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    You are a nerd when your parents buy you a commemorative Star Trek coin without even having to ask.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    When you quietly geek out that one of your neighbors has this on their vanity plate holder: "My other ride is a TARDIS."

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    You've watched a fight scene enough times to know exactly what is happening through only the sound fx. :D

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    When you stay up all night and spend the whole weekend binge watching the first three seasons of Orphan Black (Amazon Prime)

QueenSabe7, Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    You're listening to the same song for almost 24 hours with no stopping, the main riff is stuck in your head and you know a good deal of the lyrics.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    You're a nerd when you download a book so that you can save your vacation reading for your vacation.

:-B

13. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    ...when you're in a design meeting and discussing a graphic layout, and when the designers suggest a comic panel-style layout, you compare it to Comix Zone on the Genesis and Batman: the Caped Crusader for the Amiga... and of course the rest of the design panel has no idea what you're talking about.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  14. Iix_Hunter

Iix_Hunter Jedi Padawan

Jul 28, 2015
    ...when someone takes the p*ss out of anime and you find yourself staring at them in silence until they stop laughing and run away, afraid for their lives....not that i'd ever actually hurt someone over it....
    ...i'd just think about it.

15. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Ahh the contemptuous stare of an Anime fan when you laugh at their silly cartoon, but you Don't Understand what's going on. You just don't Get It.

16. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I defend animation and comics because good stories have been told through that media. So, I do get a bit rankled when someone dismisses it as mindless drivel and refuses to give the medium a chance, or treats me like a child because I consume such media and produce it as a hobby and profession.

However, I try to avoid putting it up on a pedestal. I've watched a lot of great anime and will defend it. However I've also watched a lot of crappy anime and will admit when something is a steaming pile of garbage.

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you get pissed when you're looking for pics of bards and pics of Bard from The Hobbit films keep loading up in searches. [face_bleh]

Master_Lok, Sarge and TrakNar like this.
  18. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    What about that suit case!?

19. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    When you're so happy and proud to view your gadgets and action figures collection of your favourite characters and you protect them from other persons' hands saying loudly like Gandalf versus the Balrog "You shall not pass!", even if the others are not interested and always ask you what the heck are they! XD

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    You think you spotted one of the 7 Little Fortunes (specifically Yuen Biao) in a one second throw away shot.

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The Beta Bar.
    http://www.betabar.com.au

My daughters and their boypals love this place.
    Go drink, dance, and play Mario Cart or Jenga.

Master_Lok likes this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    You won a trivia contest from your favorite film studio and will soon have another original film poster. Now I just have to win poster frames for all these.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    You considered THX1138 for a license plate, the others I wanted were all taken

Master_Lok and VadersLaMent like this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    ...you instigate a discussion of Star Wars in the breakroom of your job before heading back to work.

Master_Lok, Juliet316 and IamZam like this.
  25. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    You come back from vacation to find a coworker left two new SW bobble heads on your desk for you.

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.