main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun You know you're a nerd when...

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 18, 2013.

1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    The Bigger Fish and I are trying to figure out where the Jedi get their funding. If they were a Republic government subcontractor as 'Guardians of the Galaxy' they could possibly get money from government grants. BUT if they were considered a religious organization, would they still qualify for grants? Or would they have to survive on donations and taking advantage of a tax-free status?

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    When you realize you have an italian jazz version of the Mah Na Mah Na song too.

Sarge likes this.
  3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I figure that it must be possible to buy books about the Force, the history of the Order and Jedi spirituality. The population of Coruscant alone is something thing like a trillion sentient beings, on top of the million or so star systems that comprise the Republic. There may only be 10,000 Jedi, but the Order is steeped in mystique and is tens of thousands of years old. There are probably professional academics, as well as lots of amateurs who study the Jedi and their exploits. It's probably not that hard for the Jedi to raise enough money to fund the Order's operations.

4. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    So, the Jedi are one of those charities that call me wanting to sell signed books, beach towels and/or wine to raise money? They would need a lot of money to run their operations...

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Well, not that much money. When one can get a used vehicle capable of faster than light travel that no modern Earth weapon could harm and that could level a modern city with a few seconds of sustained fire all for 10,000 of their dollars/credits, it's probably not that hard to fund the activities of the Jedi.

6. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    You take extra time to wrap your book in a plastic bag to protect it from the rain but forget a jacket for yourself because, well, priorities.

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    You think Kit Fisto is the adult version of the alien baby Agent J helped deliver in the first Men in Black. :p

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    When you step on one perfect square section of the sidewalk and wonder if the invisible lift will take you down to the Hub.

9. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Every time you see a stone angel statue picture, you force yourself not to blink.

Gorefiend, vypernight and Juliet316 like this.
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you see this line in an opening post on Facebook:

Noob question but....how does the falcon come back from orbit with no heat shield?

And you were about to respond with:

"Well the hull material is probably far stronger than anything we make on Earth and they have a deflector shield too."

But then you realized you were no longer on the Star Wars page you were looking at but a SpaceX page asking about the Falcon rocket.

[face_tee_hee]

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ And my inner aviation nerd now wants you to google Burt Rutan's first private spaceplane, which won the X Prize without a heat shield. It's all about low speed and high drag aerodynamics.

12. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    when you mentally respond to everyone question with a star wars quote before giving a real answer

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This. When you see an actor that played a character in a superhero movie. CROSSOVER!!!:

[​IMG]

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Replace 'superhero movie' with Doctor Who and that's pretty much me whenever a Who alum guest stars/stars on another show/movie.

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Juliet316 Does that include the previous Spiderman?

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

When was Andrew Garfield on Doctor Who?:confused: I know Merlin was, but when was Garfield?

17. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Here you go Juliet. :)

Master_Lok likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Daleks Take Manhatten/Evolution of the Daleks. Of course I wouldn't remember, I haven't really seen those eps but maybe once or twice all the way through.

Master_Lok likes this.
  19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Located a 2010 Swiss newspaper article about my favorite bassist (in German no less), I thought was in an old folder. After pouring through almost a decade worth of posts on his band's forum, I subsequently tracked down a downloadable version of said newspaper when the links no longer worked.

20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    When you realize the new Thor movie has an actor from each of the JJ Abrams Star Trek movies: Chris Hemsworth (Thor, George Kirk); Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr. Strange, Khan); Idris Elba (Heimdall, Star Trek Beyond villain).

VadersLaMent likes this.
  21. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    A Star War fan on Say Yes to the Dress is trying to buy a dress that she can cosplay in later Princess Leia and your first response is a gold bikini joke. You also have to explain Princess Leia and the gold bikini in Ep. VI.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...a friend on facebook posts a pic of herself in a Wonder Woman costume for halloween and after noticing her tan lines you remark, "I wonder if Wonder Woman can get a tan. Isn't she about as resistant do damage as Superman? Would not the two of them be pale?"

23. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    nice gag in DC's Legends where Victor Garber says he wouldn't trust the guy that designed the Titanic .

PCCViking likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    LOL! That’s a good way of getting out of making Thanksgiving dinner, like, forever.