main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun You know you're a nerd when...

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    You know you're a nerd when you see "KDY" on a license plate and think of the Star Wars acronym.

2. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    You would want your first dance at your wedding to be set to Across the Stars/Love Theme.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You don't have to look up KDY to know it's Kuat Drive Yards.

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    When watching Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, in the scene in the bazaar, you expect Karen Gillan's character to say, "I'm good at not blinking."

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    When you ride around town like this...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  6. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    When you start recognizing the names of comic book writers and artists, because you've watched too much Linkara.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    When this is your Friday night...

[​IMG]

8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    When you buy books on your favorite Italian genre film IN Italian, despite only knowing a few words. I nearly fell out of my chair when I discovered Luc Merenda wrote his biography (Enzo Castellari finally did too, but that has nothing to do with his movies. :()

I've got to learn this language already...

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I picked up a handful of Italian words while studying 14th century Italian martial arts.

10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Molto Bene! And what arts might those be (a sword style?)

I think the original Django still taught me the most.

Speaking of Italians, I called exactly what is different about Marvel comic artist Marco Checchetto's work on Old Man Hawkeye (he's permitted to get graphically violent - far more than his Punisher run with Grag Rucka.)

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    An Italian soldier named Fiore developed a fighting style that was adaptable to many weapons, swords, spears, daggers, polearms, and unarmed, and both armored and unarmored. I mostly concentrated on sword, as well as some dagger and unarmed, and a little spear. And I quickly realized that the polearm is not my weapon.

Master_Lok likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    ...you have no friends :(

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Friends are overrated.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you don't need any of these references explained to you.

15. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    When you are detailing your work car and the first two items are swapping out the SW Soundtrack in the CD player and opening up that new R2D2 air fresher to hang on the mirror. If you haven't driven at speed with lights and sirens with the battle of Endor score playing in the background while R2 is looking at you, you haven't lived.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you plan on getting your comics this week and getting home quick to check on the AC repair but wind up spending another 20 minutes in the store because someone asked about Solo and you wound up taking about it with 3 other people.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Replace football with comics and you've got me when going on a 'quick' trip to the convenience store.

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you perform a massive clean up throwing away things you don't need but could not throw out the dozen+ ployhedron dice you found even though you had not laid eyes on them in years.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    When this is your car, your license plate and license plate frame...
    [​IMG]

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Needs a bumper sticker that says "...GOOD HIGHLANDER MOVIE"

Master_Lok, Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you're watching a travel show on youtube and upon them mentioning the waterfall they hiked to is 80 meters you think, "There was a version of Godzilla that was 80 meters."

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    You want chocolate nut milk so bad, but could not resist the blue nut milk...:D

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...this was on your mind your entire work day:

So how in the hell does Karate Kid/Val Armorr of the Legion of superheroes perform over the top feats of martial arts like blocking punches from the likes of high powered heroes such as Superboy and Mon-El yet he is supposed to be just a very skilled man?

It can't be just a skilled human thing. His physiology can only endure so much. It is not an act of timing and speed when a punch thrown by someone who can knock over buildings is blocked. His own arm would just shatter even if her could deflect something traveling hundreds of miles per hour as I'm sure Superman's punches can.

He does not have superspeed though it would make sense if he had a form of it. But that also gets away from the aspect of ability through martial arts.

I think perhaps he has chi but it does not work like Iron Fist. Iron Fist can bump up his abilities and carry on at an athletic level equal to Captain America for a short time, he can heal himself and others, and of course focus his chi to his strikes for a mighty super punch.

But Val does not do that, his chi is always on. in superhero-pseudo science it's liek his chi is fused to his physical being and not something he summons or calls upon. In this way you could potentially sneak up and shoot him when he's not ready and wound or kill him, but if he's ready he could catch the projectile and invite you to unload the rest of the clip if you're feeling jumpy. Iron Fist might hit you 4 times in a second then one time with his mighty Iron Fist power, but KK would hti you a dozen times in a second and each strike is like a full on Iron Fist power strike.

So for brief moments KK can stand with the more powerful beings though they are going to beat him if he tries to keep trading with him and it won't last long. But against Batman or Cap or Daredevil or Iron Fist? He would take all 4 of them by himself with an arm tied behind his back. Stupidly of course because of Batman-****, Batman was able to get a shot in on KK and was able to block his punches until another person snuck up and knocked KK out...BECAUSE I'M BATMAN or some crap.

:-B

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  24. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    When you pick up Star Wars books are while you are wearing a Star Wars skirt, a Star Wars sweatshirt and Star Wars sock.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ...you get this joke: Your momma is so stupid she starved a Mind Flayer.

Lordban and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.