main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Know you're a STAR WARS Collector when....

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Please add onto the list!

You know you?re a STAR WARS collector when?

1. You know the location of every Target, Walmart, K-Mart, K-Bee Toys, and Toy R Us stores within a 50 mile radius of your house.
    2. You?re on a first name basis with the clerks at these stores.
    3. You feel no remorse for snatching figures right out of the hands of children.
    4. You feel ridiculously euphoric about finding a $7 figure that you?ve spent the last month looking for.
    5. You?ve nearly lost friends getting into a box/ debox debate.
    6. You can?t stop yourself from visiting every yard sale that you drive past on the weekend in the vain hope of finding an elusive STAR WARS item.
    7. You ate 6 weeks worth of Burger King food to obtain all 31 of the ROTS toys, even though you loathe BK food.
    8. You have a love/hate relationship with Hasbro ? no matter how many times you declare you?ll never buy from them again ? they always suck you back in.
    9. At Christmas you get more toys under the tree than your 10 year old nephew.
    10. The walls in your bedroom are wallpapered in carded SW Action figures.
    11. Your family members wonder when you're going to ever grow up and stop buying toys...and you can care less what they think about your spending habits.
    12. You hide your SW items under your bed in hopes that your family will never discover your "secret" stash.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    13. You look down your website bookmark list and realize that the majority are either Star Wars sites or online stores..

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Uh oh! I guess I am not a SW Collector! Only numbers 1, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, and 13 apply to me... NOOOO! I must be a collector!!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

4. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    If you hid your collection under your bed Erika, your nose would be touching the ceiling!!![face_laugh]

Oh and 14: You have a credit card purely for SW items!

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    LMAO! [face_laugh] Yeah well - I didn't say that the first 12 posts related directly to me ;)

15. You require upsizing your moving van because you have more boxes of SW stuff than funiture [face_blush]Guilty!

16. You spend hours agonizing over how you've got your items displayed and use "readjusting" them as an excuse to play with your toys :p

6. agent2112

agent2112 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    ...during sex you can't help but think about your star wars collection...

The Lady -"are you thinking of your clone troopers again?"

7. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    This is no word of a lie I know I am a collector cause I buy that much of it my postman is starting to get abit cheesed off cause he constantly is delivering parcels to my house, he also delivers to my dads g/f's shop where she works and asked her if he can post it there instead for her to take home [face_laugh]

well that is there job to post.

When I come to buying my own house soon I am only interested in 2 - 3 bedroom house one room for me to sleep in and the other two for my star wars if they are back to back I will just knock down the wall and have it as one. I also have decided that I am going to have a full size boba fett or any other star wars character to stand in my hallway so when people come round they are greeted.

8. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    - When the only reason you vist your local museum of science and technology is so you can see the vintage Wampa toy in the glass case in one of the collections of old fashioned objects.

- You'd rather live off nothing but baloney and bread for three weeks and buy Star Wars figures than have real food and wait a bit for them.

- You're at work and supposed to be working, but instead spend half your time posting here...oops...[face_blush]

9. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    You reorganize the figures in the Star Wars aisle by character and in numerical order.

10. JediBaja

JediBaja Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    -When you've memorized the SKN or UPC of the toy you're looking for and check the system for it everyday (I work at TRU).

11. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    When you realize we're living in the end times and you start to open every MOC figure you can find.

12. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    You have more dreams about figure hunting than Jennifer Love Hewitt (Enter your celebrity crush here). It's true. Sad, but true.

13. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "1. You know the location of every Target, Walmart, K-Mart, K-Bee Toys, and Toy R Us stores within a 50 mile radius of your house."

Guilty. [face_laugh]

14. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    yep!

yep!

i also get as many toys at christmas as my kids! LOL! and i`m also guilty of knowing where every toy-shop/store that carries toys (eg supermarkets etc.) too.

15. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    You know you're a fan if:

- You've ever donated bodily fluid for extra cash to buy Star Wars stuff (especially twice a week).

16. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Is it bad when your like all of these, but does it count about taking it out of a kids hand if he was getting ready to put it back on the shelf. Also i can't do the one about the bodily fluids cause there is really no place near by that will give me money for that.

17. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    There was a place I used to go to donate plasma...they paid you like $25 the first time in a week and like $30 if you went a second time. Sure, I had a job, but it didn't support living expenses AND my Star Wars habit...

18. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    17. You're on a first-name basis with your FedEx/UPS carrier, and they come up to your house saying "got another one for you!" every time LOL

19. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    When...

- Every time you see a semi bearing the name of your favorite retailers, you speculate endlessly about the huge amounts of rare figures and items that may lie within...and tell yourself that hijacking the truck is not worth the time in jail...

20. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001

Its not? since when......:-B

21. Darth-Blix

Darth-Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    -when all you do is tell others about your starwars collection.
    Even though they dislike starwars. :)

(btw, I can't keep my figs on my walls of my bedroom.
    My 10 year old sister brings her friends in my room and they almost tear open my figs and play with them, it's never happened almost but I cought my sister's friends and my sister in the act)

22. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    guilty of almost all of the above. [face_blush]

-when you keep an itemized checklist with you of what SW figures you have so that when you go to the store you will remember what you have.

23. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    You tattoo your favorite characters on your body so that you have them with you always. I currently have the Animated Clone Wars Yoda on my right forearm and the Animated CW ARC Trooper on my left forearm.

24. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    You're a collector if...

- You've ever agreed to spend an hour in the women's underwear and bra section with your significant other as a trade for dragging them to the Star Wars toy section...for five minutes...

25. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    It's even better if it's a Star Wars credit card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.