main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Know you're a STAR WARS Collector when....

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    wait for me i count that as a bonus!!!!!!![face_dancing]

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    - when you impress your 7-year-old nephew with your SW collection more than anything else!

:D :D

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    - When the very first place you head in a large discounter store (Walmart, Target, K-Mart) is the toy section then proceed w/ your regular shopping.

- When you get very angry at Radio personalities for taking away your cool advanced artwork tickets for early screening of SW film....GRRRR I still haven't forgiven those GITS! :mad:

- When you move, realize you've lost something from your collection and you feel like your entire world has ended :(

- When seeing a box waiting on your doorstep after a long day at work lifts your mood and immediately chases your blues away.

4. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    -When you reply to a thread titled, "You know you're a star wars collector when..." :D

-But seriously: when you hide precious figures behind the Lego toys so that you can go home and get your money.

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    - You jump out of your car, sprint to the door and speed walk through the store as visons of someone grabbing the last new figure on the pegs dances in your head.

6. agent2112

agent2112 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    I think that is an entry too far...

7. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001

Uhm, this is one i don't do!

8. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    - You are sitting at the hyperspace breakfast at comic con 2005 with your holo leia sitting there in front of you in a star case and you tell everyone at your table "nooooooo dont open the star case up it is a C10 figure it has only been touched by the person who put it straight into a star case from the factory sealed box"

9. agent2112

agent2112 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    what? that wasn't funny?

10. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    - When you are proud of the fact that you have "action" figures of Senators, band members and a main character's aunt.

11. Somnambulist_ZZZ

Somnambulist_ZZZ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Been there...

- When you're not afraid to buy half a dozen action figures and not also buy a birthday card to pretend they're for your 4 year old nephew.

I used to do that, but then I realized I wasting 1.99

12. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001

They sort of get suspicious when you start buying cards for his birthday everyweek don't they!!!

13. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    when your credit cards are maxed out, li8ke that commercial goes...

How do I have such a cool Star Wars collection, you ask ?

I'm in debt up to my eyeballs !

14. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    You know you're a collector when...

- For your 29th birthday, people buy you several Star Wars action figures without having to check with anyone first (at the risk of getting doubles), and for the big "3-0" you get a Jedi Starfighter and one of those Darth Vader shaped "plug and play" Revenge of the Sith games...[face_laugh]

15. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I too am guilty of the tattoo one

-When you name your pets after your favorite characters

16. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    You know you're a collector when...

- You plan to get married in the hopes that your wedding presents will be Star Wars items you can't afford yourself.

(and as a side note, you know you're a plain old kook if...)

- You are determined that if you ever get married, you and your bride will be dressed like Han and Leia at the end of ANH, and the music from the medal ceremony at the end of the movie will be playing as she walks down the aisle.

(in my defense, I never did the first idea listed here, and the second one was only a dream of mine until I met someone who wasn't crazy when we were planning our wedding). 8-}

17. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001

Hey I tried this but she wouldn't go for it. So she said i might get it for a reneweing of the vows. I need to think of a collector thing, everyone is stealing my ideas.

18. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    You know you're a collector if:

- You've ever turned an 11 hour drive into a 14 hour drive because you stopped at every Wal-Mart or Target store visible from the highway between point "A" and point "B" looking for SW stuff.

Guilty...drove from Nebraska to Texas to see my fiance years ago, and was unable to resist the lure of my favorite SW haunts as I drove along...even if I'd been to one just a few miles before.

- You've ever gone some place far away you've never seen before for a vacation, and judged the value of your visit on how many cool SW things you nabbed while you were there.

Once again, guilty...went to New York a few years ago for the first time, and my favorite part of the visit was finding my first and only POTF2 Palpatine, Tarkin, Garindan, and Ponda Boba. Never saw those figs at any of our local stores ever, so it was worth the trip! [face_dancing]

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I've had 2 SW named pets, a wired hair fox terrier named "Wicket Earl of Endor" (He was purebred w/ papers :p ) and my current Corgi-Akita aka corgita is Ben - short for Obi-Wan or in his case Obi-noxious! [face_laugh]

- When you cease seeking bargain auctions on ebay and buy directly out of the stores because you'd rather have the item in your hot hands instead of having to wait 3 extra days for the auction to end :p

- When you hear that there's new merchandising showing up in stores and you immediately drop everything and race over in the hopes of seeing what's new.

- When you buy every single release/version/copy of the SW saga movies on Tape/DVD/ etc and look at non-SW folk like they're crazy when they say they only have 1 copy (or NONE!) of each :eek:

20. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004

Guilty. When I was in the Philippines for business a few years ago, I got a really cool Japanese X-Wing model. I haven't even opened it to think about assembling yet. They also had an even better Jedi Starfighter with the hyperspace ring that I passed on. Wish I hadn't.

21. DruDaJedi

DruDaJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    If you frequent this message board, rebelscum message board, and galactic hunter message board on a daily basis, and have ever forgotten to visit, and missed out on some exclusive only available for a few hours!!!

If you have given your obsession a nickname like "im out QUESTING honey!" And its every bit as important as I'm at work, or I'm at school honey!!

22. evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2005
    ahhhhhh these are so so true I'm guilty of just about all of them *l*.

- camp out in front of store for 2 hours just to get a holo yoda (then have a two friends across the street at target to get lava vader).

- Call a movie theater back upset that they didn't offer you the exclusive poster even though you saw Episode 3 in a DLP on father's day weekend(GRRRRR!:mad: )

- Search every 7 eleven within 50 miles for the elusive yoda mug(where by you learn to use your skills of understanding other languages yet still have not found the thing in stores!)

- send multiple "colorful" messages to target about their policies and employees(I still have yet to see a exclusive clone trooper on pegs :mad: )

- you know the exact time of day that your local stores do restocks

I got more but thats all for now...

23. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    - When deciding which to do, eat or buy some of the last 12 of the ROTS line, you head to Toys'R'Us.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You find yourself willing to pay more for a copy of ROTS because it comes with a bonus disk at Walmart.

25. Darth_Nefar

Darth_Nefar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    I can identify with most of these. Especially prolonging a trip by checking every figure-selling outlet I'd run across. I went on a trip from Colorado to Pennsylvania, down the east coast to Georgia and back west down to Texas before turning back north, and yes, I stopped at countless Wal-Marts, Targets, KB's and Toys R' Us all across this country. That's actually how I ended up being able to find most of my ROTS collection in an easier manner.[face_laugh] [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.