main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You know you're a Star Wars freak/dork when...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by GA_Tompkins, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    that is beautiful...what a wonderful way to spend time at work.

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Thats great!!!

3. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    when you get pissed off at people and correct them when theySW info wrong, especially the names.

4. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh, the VP didn't call me at the office. He heard the news on CNN the WEEKEND when it was announced, and called me AT HOME

5. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    that IS beautiful! :)

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    thats funny SS. so are you the Official SW liason for your company?

7. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    when you are babysitting a 4 1/2 year old and he tries to tell you that darth vader's lightsaber is purple and you correct him.

also after watching star wars...the same 4 1/2 year old decides that we need to play star wars and he will be luke skywalker and i will be princess leah. it was too cute.

THEN same 4 1/2 year then decides that he wants to be darth vader for halloween. he says he is really scary. i said you have no idea. ;)

oooh corrupting children is great...maybe i should have one or two to raise them in the ways of the force. he he

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    When you finally make a connection with one of your clients after having tried to cultivate the relationship for over a year.

The connection:

His biz is based in L.A., but he grew up in Modesto, CA.

Modesto was the setting for American Graffiti, as well as being the birthplace/hometown for George Lucas.

He knew Wendy Lucas, GL's sister...

9. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    when you are going thru your normal day and you think...oh i should post that to the board about being a dork.

example...when you are talking to your R2D2 pendant in your car...saying 'hey r2, do you remember?'

you can't go to target with a star wars friend without checking out the toys...sarah and i were in line saturday and realized we hadn't gone to the toy department...so we paid and went back.

then we asked yoda questions...and knew that they were right because yoda had said so! :)

when you are with a star wars friend and say...oh we really need to post that to the board. yeah THEN you are REAL dork.

10. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    when you and several friends from school plan on getting together specifically to watch all the starwars movies.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    when your speech teacher starts class of with:

Whats going on in the world? any major world events?
    silence
    the republican convention? the russian school hostages? Kobe bryant's mess?
    dead silence

ok then. Hey mr.birrer,whats new in star wars?

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    I am glad a conditioned that teacher so well. my class heard so much that they never wanted to.

13. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    zac...that is classic. :)

14. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    When your Manager asks if you have any parades planned over Labor Day weekend.

15. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    when someone has a star wars question so they come to you for the answer.

16. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    when you feel like you have been neglecting the skeleton in your closet so you dress him up in your rebel pilot costume.....

(FYI - Bobo looks rather fetching in orange I must say.........)

17. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    k, thats kinda scary, you should maybe see a doctor about that. when you soend 3-4 hours alst night readin the aotc board about when and where to find some easter eeggs in aotc, and while you doing that, your going through looking for them.

18. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    well, Bobo was tired of wearing the grass skirt and coconut bra

what was I supposed to put him in?

lol

hrm, maybe I should stick him in the truck like that so people just have to look for the rebel pilot on movie night

19. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    When you're sitting around trying to decide which SW movie to watch and your properly indoctrinated nephew says:

Lets watch Esipode I!!! It has Darf Molll...he has a long red lightsaver!!

and your heart swells with pride, and you watch Esipode...ur Episode I, even though you'd really rather watch ESB...or ANH...or pretty much anything other than TPM.

20. Mercwithamouth

Mercwithamouth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    when you blow $300 on Kendo just so you can be the best saber weilder in your star wars club.

21. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    We had to do a practicum in BIO on tuesday.We go through the whole testing policy lecture then my teacher says "good luck, and may the force be with you." I was amazed, most of the time teachers just end it with "good luck" or "dont worry, you are all going to do good." I have a teacher with some class!!

22. Mercwithamouth

Mercwithamouth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    when you get into a fist fight over which was tastier-Episode II cerial or C-3P-O's

23. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    when you are trying really hard to stay atleast on the thin line between sleep and awake just so you can hear what was said by Mark Hamill about the three sequels that ILM has suspiciously sign non-disclosure agreements about, makes you wonder who GL is tyrin to fool.

24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    My friend from work is a teacher major. in one of her classes they were talking about how not to make students feel liek they are worthelss or what they do is not right blah blah blah. then the subject of students who were geeky or nerdy came up. she went into this whole big talk about me and how i am a big geek and so proud of it. about how i have costume and go out in the light of day with it on. this started the whole class going for 20 minutes about it.

the she told he at work about it and how she proclaimed to the whole class that i have geek pride.

25. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    When you use Star Wars names to remember medical terms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.