main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Know You're a STAR WARS Geek When....

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by erikkin_novalogg, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikkin_novalogg

erikkin_novalogg Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2005
    Post your humurous "You Know You're a STAR WARS Geek When...." examples here.
    They can be what you actually have done or if you just thought it would be funny.
    Take mine for example.

1. two little kids make fun of you and your SW bud and you reply: "Don't insult us. We're wanted men, I have the death sentence on twelve systems"
    2. When you ask your Mom for a ride to your friends house and she says no so you reply: "I guess we'll have to go out on tauntauns then"

Please someone continue.[face_laugh]

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    when you go to a business meeting and they give you a thing to intro yourself. under what you like to do for fun all you can think to list is star wars stuff.

3. erikkin_novalogg

Oct 20, 2005
    Or when every day you go to work and the first thing you say to your boss is: "What is thy bidding my Master?"

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    when you have a credit card that is used solely for star wars purchases [face_whistling]

5. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    When you constantly wave your hand in front of peoples faces and say "You don't want me to make the coffee." Or such.

6. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    ... you accidentally refer to your boss as his Excellency Jabba the Hutt or Palpatine
    ... encountering a problem you find yourself muttering: "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope."
    ... You salvage parts from your car to build an astromech droid.
    ... without realizing it talk like Yoda you do.
    ... you have painted your car in Rogue Squadrom colors
    ... when someone says "Anakin" you say "Solo or Skywalker?"
    ... you have a glow in the dark map of the Star Wars galaxy on your bedroom ceiling.
    ... when observing a rainbow you name the Jedi or Sith that have a lightsaber of the different colors
    ... you have complete Death Star Schematics in your sock drawer.
    ... you name your twins Luke and Leia.
    ... you hear the Star Wars theme every time you see a sunset.
    ... when watching LOTR you ask "Why is Count Dooku in Lord of the Rings?"
    ... you paint your trashcan like R2-D2 and put it on top of your car
    ... you can hum all six Star Wars Soundtracks in order
    ... when passing a used car lot you hope to spot the Millenium Falcon
    ... you use the force to change red lights to green while driving
    ... driving with a broken speedometer makes you feel like Luke when he shuts off the instruments and uses the Force to guide him (don't give me weird looks... I'm sure I am not the only one...)
    ... when giant dice make you think of Han and Chewie.
    ... nair commercials make you wonder what Chewie would look like bald.
    ... Ewoks are a mandatory part of all good pranks.
    ... you have an urge to tangle up stilts so that the walker comes crashing down.
    ... you go out to eat and ask for Bantha stew.
    ... you ask your best friend to prom by changing the opening text screen of the movie slightly, then you play the opening song over loud speakers and show the altered opening on the big screen... what can I say, it worked
    ... you can sing a latin hymn while sounding like Yoda.
    ... you look at people and try to figure out which alien they would be.
    ... you picture your band friends as members of the Catina band.
    ... when you tell your teacher that his/her tests are not as important as the lightsaber you're making.
    ... "when you enter a contest for a Toyota and hope you win a toy Yoda!"
    ... if you can't resist ordering buns at the bakershop just to get Leia's hairdo down.
    ... when asked to do something, you reply "As you wish, my master."
    ... "goodbye" has been replaced by "May the Force be with you" in your vocabulary
    ... while listening to the radio, songs come on and the only lyrics you can sing to them are the Star Wars parody words
    ... when the phrase "impressive" is heard, you're immediate thought is "most impressive"
    ... you have ever frightened away a group of people by making weird noises then said " They scare easily but they will be back, and in greater numbers."
    ... everytime someone tells you one of their deepest secrets you gloat and say, "You're far too trusting."
    ... you can't pick up a flashlight without waving it around and humming.
    ... When you can't sleep, you begin counting nerf.
    ... you see the line, "A long time ago..." and actually wonder what they're doing now.
    ... Someone mentions being abducted by little green men and you respond by pointing out that Yoda would never do such a thing!
    ... you find yourself discussing characters from the books, movies, and games as if they were actually old friends of yours.
    ... you don't need subtitles when an alien speaks in one of the movies.
    ... When you read Star Wars books, you can see it happening in your head.
    ... you know more about the history of Tatooine than you do Earth.
    ... When someone makes fun of your car you retort, "but it's the fastest hunk-a-junk in the galaxy."
    ... you think this list has some good ideas for fun things to do.
    ... When you don't like the conversation, you shoot your phone.
    ... you actually read this entire list and then thought it would be fun to add to it.
    ... your vacuum cleaner is named R2-D2.
    ... Whenever you go anywhere outside with your friends, you alw

7. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    ROFL - those are brilliant, Quirky!!! [face_laugh]
    I'm definatly guilty in some of them...

...people say something you can almost always find a Star Wars line to reply with.
    (I do that a lot)

... You see something and immediatly think of Star Wars, even though it's not really related to Star Wars...

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004

... when studying a foreign language - you ask for the words/signs for Star Wars and other SW related words.
    ... you wear a Star Wars costume to class on days that are not Halloween.

9. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    -You wear a Star Wars costume to watch the movie at the theater - three months after the premiere...

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Ohh, I'm definetly guilty of that one. ;)

...you go into a fabric store and sort all the fabrics into categories depending on which SW costume they could be made for (even if you have never planned to make that costume)

...you actually visit one or more places where they have shot the films.

...you expect the Lucasfilm logo to come up every time you hear the Fox fanfare.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Everyone at work knows your TF.N user name and they proceed to give it nicknames...

I'm now Feeler Leona. :D

12. erikkin_novalogg

Oct 20, 2005
    When walking into WAL-MART you say to your friend: "I'll get the door" and move your hand forward setting of the sensors for the automatic door. (Guilty)

Whan your car is having troubles and you tell the machanic you think it has something to do with the negative power coupling.

When in class you reply to your teacher with C3P0's lines. (Guilty)

when on a resume you write you can speak six million languages, and that protocol is your primary function.

13. erikkin_novalogg

Oct 20, 2005
    If you tell your friends and other people that your uncle is a moisture farmer (on Tatooine).

14. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    You carry your lunch in a Star Wars lunch box and you are 35 years old.

15. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Whenever you ride a rollercoaster and it picks up speed on the first dip you say "We're going in full throttle, that oughta keep those fighters off our back!"

16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You sign off your emails with "Clear Skies" instead of "Goodbye".

All your friends at the Internet cafe call you "Yav'", cos you created an email address called "Yavin", and they thought it was your name, and you never realised until they shortened it.

You walk through a crowd of people, dodging around them, and Ackbar's phrase from the ROTJ novel springs to mind: "Take evasive action. Green Group steer for holding sector MG-7..."

17. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    ... hearing friends or enemies express even a minor interest in Star Wars is a cause for celebration.
    ... you find a way to incorporate Star Wars into presentations or math lectures (hey, it's a whole lot cooler to hear Yoda ask the class to do matrix encryption then me asking :p "Lost a decoder Master Obi-Wan has..." :p)

18. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    When you walk into work and your desk is covered with SW 7-11 Cups that your coworkers saw over the weekend and said it was a "Wingnut Thing" to buy.

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    When you compare politicians to Star Wars characters.

20. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    when your desk at work is covered in SW BK toys and you play with them while on hold :p

21. starwarsfan182

starwarsfan182 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    when the phrase "impressive" is heard, you're immediate thought is "most impressive"

Yeah, i do that all the time.

When you read Star Wars books, you can see it happening in your head.

I love doing that, it makes the book more exciting.

You find ways to use your Star Wars experiences in school reports.

In 9th grade, in my english class, we had to do a presentation on anything, so i picked Star Wars.

22. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I answered yes to more of these than I said no to.

23. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    I wrote a paper about RotJ in '97 too... It was supposed to be about the last movie you saw. I failed to remember I'd just seen MIB in the theater and went completely off-topic, but hey, it was fun to write :D

You know you're a SW fan when a collegue asks if you'd give the Han Solo magnet you got in your sandwich to her 7-year-old kid and you say no.

24. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    yes.. or having to buy an extra toy at BK because your kids want the toy out of their kid's meal and say you can't have it.

25. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    ... you register on theforce.net

Sucks, but I wanted to be a part of this. These are impressive... most impressive and I'm guilty of a few... use sw quotes whenever possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.