main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You know you're addicted to Fan Fiction when...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Oct 31, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I haven't seen one of these threads for a while. I'll start the list:

You know you're addicted to Fan Fiction when...
    ---------
    you stay up 'til two in the morning waiting for a new post in your favorite fic.

you wake up one morning in front of the JC.

--Mr. P

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    You know you are addicted to Fan Fiction when....

Half way through the story, you post a spoiler, made up or otherwise.

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    If you've ever issued a death threat to someone who didn't continue their story fast enough.

4. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    You know you are addicted to fanfiction when:

1) you know 5 good fanfiction sites by heart and can type them in in 5 seconds. (FF.N, Fanfix, Jedicouncil, etc)

2) Even though you have never read the books/comics/ played the games, etc. you know everything about a certain character that appears only in the books/comics/games. (Kyle Kataran, Mara Jade, etc)

3) You reply to threads like this!

4) The first thing you do when you get back from vacation is check out the threads you're following.

and more!

5. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    You're on the JC at 3 AM and you're refreshing the screen every 5 seconds in hopes of a new post.

You don't respond to your real name as fast as you respond to your JC name.

6. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    You pull out of a site competition because it wouldn't leave enough time for fic writing.

You begin to use the word "smeg" in general conversation.

You spend a significant amount of time in PaintShop, making graphics to go with fanfics.

Definitely a ditto on the constant re-loads.

7. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    to add on to JG's, you send all your time in photoshop and photoeditor working on pics for your fanfiction site and your friend's fanfiction site and for banner for each story.

5) you make a pic with Luke's head on Vader's body so you can describe it in a fic. (guilty)

8. MnM

MnM Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2000
    You spend all of a perfectly good day reading an enormous group fiction so you can join it. :)

9. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    "you make a pic with Luke's head on Vader's body so you can describe it in a fic"

Heh. Try it with *Leia's* head. :) (Still haven't found a good mix.)

10. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    Leia's head!!??? Uh...try Leia in the white senatorial from ANH and....Vader's black from ANH, the Moff council thing. On second thought, that's a really bad mental picture.

11. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    I guess I only have a mild addiction.

I just keep track of about 20 stories at once.

12. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    6) you begin to think that certain fanfic characters are part of canon. For example An-Paj. He's real to me, more real than Mace Windu. :)

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    When someone keeps reposting good stories to death....

By the way, hasn't anyone read "The Other" yet.

14. Mistress Sudafed

Mistress Sudafed Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    -you cancel vacation because fic left off on cliffhanger

-when plane crashing, only regret is you'll never read the ending of a fic

-If in emotional heated argument with fiancée over amount of time you spend with fanfic and you are forced to choose, you pick the fanfic

-Turned down offer to be first person on Mars because you'll be away from fanfic for years (and might miss Ep. II also ;) )

-When with the Queen and a bullet is fired at her, you don't jump in front of it

-You become either really skinny not eating waiting nervously for posts, or really fat sitting in front of computer eating waiting for posts

:)

15. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Hmm, while moving cross-country, you plunk down 10 bucks at the Holiday Inn for internet access, so you can get on the JC and post more story

(guilty)

aa :D

16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    When you are away from your computer for a long period of time, you feel compelled to write your story out, copying it over and over, and POSTING IT ON REAL BOARDS!!!!!!(bullentin boards, chalk boards, tack boards, etc.)

17. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    While at work, when your supposed to be figuring out a solution to a problem, the only thing your thinking about is what may happen next in a fic you are reading.

18. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    You know you're addicted when after waking in the morning you immediately log on to read fanfiction and subsequintly forget to not only get dressed, but eat breakfast!

>Mr.P said - you stay up 'til two in the morning waiting for a new post in your favorite fic.

I've done that several times!

>Liz said - you begin to think that certain fanfic characters are part of canon. For example An-Paj.

Done that too! Kudos to Jane Jinn for inventing him. I didn't realize he wasn't a real SW character for a long time. :)

19. Obi-Fan

Obi-Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2000
    Um... you spend Saturday AND Sunday afternoon at the office because your at-home computer is down, and you can't go an entire weekend without fanfic. (Ahem, not that I've done that, or anything.)

-OF

20. Fleet Admiral

Fleet Admiral Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    You know you're additcted to FF when..

A) Wished for a satellite connection during a wilderness camping trip to check out new posts.
    B) Start to use the word "sith", "sithly" and etc instead #$@#!@ and other swear words.
    C) Spend 10 hours each day at JC, FF.net, Jedi.net
    D) Bookmark 40+ stories and 10+ FF sites
    F) Cancel TV subscription and get an ADSL connection for faster postings

21. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    When despite the fact you have five exams in the next five days you continue not only to write but to read promising yourself "I'll start modern history in the next five minutes once I finsh..."

*Guilty as charged*

22. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    ... You spend the first month of the semester thinking about nothing but how the rest of your fanfic will progress, daily update your roommate on how many readers you have, and, once you've finished the last post, email the link for the story to your mother.

Meanwhile you meditate at least twice a week upon the subject: read fanfic, or get some sleep before class? read fanfic, or get some sleep before class? read fanfic ...

(I made that up, of course. And I never tell fibs. Ahem.)

23. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    1)You spend you're english classes writting fanfiction and trying to figure out how that cliffhanger will come out
    2)You try to kidnap the autors and tie them to a keyboard so that you can read more.
    3)When you have a week off school,instead of studying for your tests you spend the hole day reading or writting(Guilty!)
    4)You start thinking in english,even thougth you're first linguage isnt that(guilty!)
    You're friends think you are crazy!(guilty)

24. Keila_

Keila_ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 1, 2000
    You scream and curse and trash your computer (while your family stares at you like you're nuts) when you find an author STILL ahsn't posted on your favourite fanfic.
    *Guilty*

25. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    While meaning to be doing research into an assignment/exam which is due the following day you find yourself checking the fanfics at the same time...*guilty as of right now!*

All your school friends read our story as well, as does your english teacher *guilty of that too!*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.