main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Discussions You Know You're an Artist When....

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by teamhansolo, Jul 4, 2018.

1. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Hi everybody! I made this thread so that fellow fan artists can share their random crazy art related adventures. There is a thread like this for fanfiction, and I was like, hey, this would be cool for art too! So here I am creating another thread.

If you're not sure how this works, you usually start with "You know you're a fan artist when...." then add in something you did, (or didn't) answers can be serious or joking, and.... That's pretty much it.

Here's one of mine.

You know you're a fan artist when you refuse to eat dinner until your latest rebels drawing is complete.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    When you work for like an hour to improve a drawing, only to realize it looked better before.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    When you are finally making great progress but it is after midnight and you have to pack things in.

4. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    when you only realize your mistakes when you go to take a picture of it, so you end up having like thirty pictures where each one is a little different.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  5. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    When you look at your art and think "Oh this could be done better, I don't like the shading..." but it's actually really good :p

6. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    When you start a random sketch on a piece of paper that is already covered in doodles, and it turns out to be really good, but there are a bunch of other stuff overlapping it so it looks kind of weird. (This happens to me all the time :p)

7. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    When you always compare your art to the art of professionals and feel down about how it looks [face_tee_hee]

DarthAnakin96 and teamhansolo like this.
  8. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    It's important to remember that they've been practicing for years tho, sometimes we just forget that.... :p

9. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    You know you're an artist when the side of your hand never fails to have graphite smeared all over it, :p

10. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Oh that's so true [face_laugh] I've been meaning to start this thread up again, but forgot to :p

You know you're an artist when there's always something to add to your art piece, like shading etc, even when it seems done :p

11. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    You know you're an artist when you start looking at people and things by what brushes and techniques you would use to draw them, [face_laugh]

12. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    You know you're an artist when you look at people's facial expressions and the lighting for no other reason than art related :p

13. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    You know you're an artist when your inspiration comes at 3 am [face_laugh]

14. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    You know you're an artist when you draw best at night :p

15. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    You know you're an artist when you actually post in "you know you're an artist when" threads :cool:

16. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    You know you're an artist when you have a lot of inspiration for artworks but not enough hours in the day to do it all

Khalia Octa and teamhansolo like this.
  17. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    You know you're an artist when this is your face when your tablet stylus dies :confused::oops::(

18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    You know you're an artist when your opinion of your work is constantly flip flopping between "this kinda sucks" and "this is actually pretty good."

19. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    When your hands are perpetually stained with art supplies