main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

you know you're an EU fan if... (cont.)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by mistrylshadowguard, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistrylshadowguard

mistrylshadowguard Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2006
    This was originally in the literature forum, but someone decided to lock it up so that it couldn't be continued there. *gives an electronic raspberry to Rogue_Follower* So I am moving it here.

you know you're an EU fan if...

you have used the phrase "yub yub commander"

you created a painting called 'Killik Twilight'

you crave Corellian food

you'd do better in your geography, astronomy, and other science classes if the focus was on the Star Wars galaxy rather than on our own

2. waterplayingsquib

waterplayingsquib Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2006
    you have designed your own superweapon

when someone mentions monks, you think of mechanical spiders with brain jars

your resume says that you have a doctorate from the University of Agamar

you have/are a "spice" dealer

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    You wish one or more of the characters were real so you could date them.

i.e. Jacen Solo [face_love]

4. waterplayingsquib

May 30, 2006
    a friend asks how much cash you have on you and you say, "uh...about fifteen credits."

5. mistrylshadowguard

May 29, 2006

or Jag Fel

or some of the former rogues when they were younger

6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    ...if you write about Star Wars novels instead of realism literature for your homework...

...if you want to visit Corelia most of all other, real or unreal places...

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If you've ever said Sithspawn in the place of swearing....

If you know more Star Wars history than Earth history....(there is 200,000 years of it :p)

If you think of Vergere everytime you have a KFC....

8. TK-138

TK-138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2005
    Oh God these are so true it hurts...

You know you're an EU fan if you think Timmothy Zahn did more with Star Wars than George Lucas.

9. MadamGrandAdmiral

MadamGrandAdmiral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    ...If you search the University Course list to see if you an take Star Wars EU at Degree level...*I did search.*

...If you getinto arguments with people who have only seen the movies about what actually happens

* I really upset a guy before a French exam when I told him that Chewie died...It made him cry. I din't mean to, honest!*

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    your wife looks at you funny when you ask "did you hear a snap-hiss just now?"

11. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Or 'kriff' -- and, even better, have entirely unintentionally gotten your non-SW-fan roommate to say 'kriff' all the time, too.

Also, 'astral' instead of 'cool'.

12. AvaVisarra

AvaVisarra Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2006
    ..when you have your neices and nephews all under the age of 11 calling each other names like "bantha fodder" and "rancor poodoo" and saying "son of a taun taun" and "sithspit" (i've taught them well!!)

..when you accidently call someone Jaina (let me just say that was highly hilarious and embarassing at the same time[face_blush] )

.. when you spend all day on the JCF reading FF's ( I cant stop!!![face_frustrated])

..when you describe the perfect man it turns out to be a dead match for a member of Rogue or Wraith squadron ( im never gonna find him!!!:_| )

i shall be back lol this is too much fun

13. Gredon_Kandeer

Gredon_Kandeer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2006
    You know more about the Valley of the Jedi than the Battle of Hoth/Battle of Yavin/Battle of Endor.

When discussing Jedi with friends, they get confused when you rattle off names like Gantoris, Streen, Tionne, Bane, Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, etc...

I know these are kind of lame, but I'll come up with better later.

Edit: Thought of a better one:

When you're scared of showing oceanic documentaries in desert areas, for fear you'll start a cult. ("All hail Varn, World of Water!") and kudos to the person who gets that reference!

14. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    * You refer to your school as the "Jedi Academy"
    * You say "Yes Master" to your teachers
    * You carry a large bag with you to the malls instead of a girly purse just so you can keep a lightsaber model in there for self-defense
    * You use Vergere's philosophy in a philosophy class at school to impress your teacher
    * You refer to that snob who keeps flirting with you as Raynar
    * You call you little brother "Anakin" or "Kid" and make him call you Jaina
    * You call your dad Han Solo just cuz he's a pilot (Yeah, he is)
    * You blame your dad for not calling the airplane he'll fly "The Falcon" and throw a fit over it
    * You claim that SAT tests were "designed by the Sith to keep our brains in anguish and misery"
    * You start referring to your brown hair as "brandy brown" when asked for specifications
    * Your swear words are limited to "Sithspit", "Blaster bolts!", "Kriff", "Sithspawn", "Emperor's Black Bones", and "Son of a blaster"
    * You wear boots on a daily occassion
    * You call your red-haired cousin Ben

Yes, I am guilty of all of these... plus a few already mentioned such as thinking of Vergere whenever I see KFC. I've actually been refusing to eat it since then. OMG what they do to the poor chickens there at KFC is worse than McDonalds!

15. mistrylshadowguard

May 29, 2006
    you really did that? what did your teacher say?

I don't recall Raynar being a flirt. a snob, yes, but not a flirt. except for maybe with Lusa.

16. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Well, I didn't give poor Vergere the credit for it but she liked my own version of the Shadow-moth story that Vergere said. I just substituted the shadow moth with a student taking a test cuz the definitions of help which Vergere implies are the same. She just said that my reasoning was really deep. *blushes* And then I said that "the words we use to describe the truth are far less than the truth itself" when we were debating language. Of course I didn't say "everything is a lie" outright cuz saying that in a debate is NOT a very good idea. LONG LIVE VERGERE!

Well, he wasn't exactly a flirt save for with Lusa but I would FREAK if he above all others would try to flirt with me cuz I can't stand snobs.

17. MadamGrandAdmiral

Jan 13, 2006
    When you dress up as a Grand Admiral for your mates party..(It was a cool pair of boots! And a great jacket...I left the epaulets off!) Though I do doubt any GA can dance as well as I can to Push It...^.^

When you begin to use imformation about cloning from SW EU books in class and actually winning an argument. God Bless Thrawn and his cloning.

When you start calling girls you dislike Jaina....Don't ask.

....When you claim that your headmistress is actually Palpatine in disguise using your School Council as a a mini Senate whilst she begins a reign of Tyranny!

Yes, I have claimed this. The only difference between my Headmistress and dear old Palps is the cowl.

I came out of our lastmeeting spitting with rage as we agreed with everything she said, and she refused to even listen to our ideas.

As you can imagine a few people avoided me for a few days, especially when my ex explained to them I was on a SW high....

Wow, I am pretty bizarre! ^.^

18. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    If you lightsaber fight when you're bored(I do!)

If you are working on creating your own lightsaber form.

If you think Zonoma Sekot would be a cool place to live on.

If you can speak several Star Wars languages (I have a guide book that has hundreds of words and sentences from languages ranging from Huttese to Boccee and even Jawa and Tusken).

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    han solo adventures... the one with the trouble with the ship searcher dude.

if you've read the han solo adventures.

if you like the EU jedi more than their "canon" counterparts.

20. MadamGrandAdmiral

Jan 13, 2006
    OH!

If you have lightsabre fights in the middle of toyshops/ shopping centres. I've done both and almost got thrown out/banned hehehehe

21. waterplayingsquib

May 30, 2006

someone should create a pic of a KFC advertising their new "extra crispy fosh". hee hee

I would do it, but I don't know how to do that stuff.

22. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    All the way! KFC or KFV - Kentucky Fried Vergere... Muahaha! [face_skull] I like Vergere, but KFV would be all too funny.

23. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    I think I'd find Kentucky Fried Bothan far more palatable.

24. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    That's not bad either. But please no Kentucky Fried Wookiee cuz Wookiee are awesome and I've heard that Wookiee fur smells really bad when it's burnt. Yet alone deep-fried! [face_worried]

Another one for the fanatics:
    You use Jedi calming techniques on a daily basis and pause the DVD when any of the Jedi meditate so you can copy. Am guilty as anything.

25. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    you know you're an EU fan if...

You have an image of Mara Jade tattooed on your private parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.